It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

next world conflict ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
now that the war in iraq is drawing to a close where and when do u think the next war is going to be fought? Who do u think is going to win & how tough of a battle is it going to b?

i think that the recent news if iran helping the 9/11 terrorist should make them the front runners over korea and china especially with all our troops on their borders.

anybody know what kind of army iran has?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Iran and 9/11 terroists...

The only people who helped the 9/11 terroists were the shadow american government.
or maybe George W himself.
Pesonal vendetta etc..
Who knows but the whole 9/11 thing and blamming other countries stinks really bad..

Well thats what I belive anyway.
you do not have to share my views or be rude towards me.
but replies are welcome

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
plus the whole 9/11 attack is a smoke screen to attack other countries with or without UN backing..
yeah the U.S. killed many of its own citizens but think of the gain across the world that the U.S. can make on oil and other raw materials.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Iran,Syria, North Korea....take your pick. Give it about two - three months and the next war will heat up.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Iran first. I think this will happen in the next few months. Possibly Syria as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that N. Korea isn't on the list..but, it appears we're moving that way.
The whole concept of a "war on terror" presupposes that Iraq nor Afghanistan will not be the end of it.
joey

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
it will be longer then 2 or 3 months but bush will probably use the 9/11 excuse to attack iran

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i wonder how many countries the us will control when the war on terror is over?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Next conflict, or next WORLD conflict?

There may be further airstrikes in Lebanon, possibly Syria. Popular uprising is possible in Iran within a few years I think. Iran may be drawn into conflict with the Kurdish guerillas.

My money is still on Saudi Arabia. Ripe for revolution certainly. I'd then expect a few years more "war on terror" to consolidate bases there before the final stage.

that final stage, I think, and possibly the trigger for a MAJOR world conflict will be Egypt. Enemy of Israel. US friendly (for now), gateway to Africa, plus the most strategically important waterway in the world. They will be important even in 100 years when the oil as run out.

It may be a while off, but Egypt's card is marked.

[edit on 18-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
with all the aircraft carriers running around the SE paciffic...........anybody here anything more about them??? you figure that they can linger around after the 'joint multi-national exercise' for a couple of months....when you got that much testosterone running around practicing it's 'flexing' in the mirror...there is bound to be some type of trouble. it may not be a punch...but just a 'get in your face' thing...does that make sense??
the question again.....the u.s. is spending a fourtune on the iraq and afgan 'wars'...we have a HUGH deficit...but yet we can deploy 10 aircraft carrier battle groups for a 'training run'...........say .....what does it cost to keep those groups out there????

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Muppet, you make some great points

I think that most people here are assuming we mean the next conflict involving the US. I'd say at present it looks like Iran. We already have troops in a position to strike, so there won't be the normal period of time used to bring troops to the area of conflict. Iran clearly is a hot bed for Islamic extremists, and the intel coming out seems to point that they may be involved in state sponsered terrorism. The US will not stand for this.

N Korea is another possability, but I don't see it going down any time soon. The US knows that there are thousands of artillary pieces pointed south. As soon as the US attacked, hundreds of thousands of south Koreans would die. Then there is the fact that North Korea also has around a million man army. The US does not want to get involved in such a large scale conflict. In fact, the only way that the US wouldn't take heavy GI KIA's would be to use tactical nukes - and when you consider world opinion of the US right now, I doubt that the US could afford to do this politicaly.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think its going to be Iran. But, not until AFTER the election...

PJ

[edit on 18-7-2004 by PlainJane]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrock24
now that the war in iraq is drawing to a close

What makes you think the War in Iraq is drawing to a close? The reality is that the United States is bogged down in an unwinnable guerrilla war in Iraq. At least the war is unwinnable without the committment of significant additional money and manpower. I don't think that is politically feasible.

For details, please see my post Iraq Insurgency Larger Than Thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrock24
it will be longer then 2 or 3 months but bush will probably use the 9/11 excuse to attack iran

Nope Iran is digging its own grave by saying to the world we wont stop trying to make nuclear bombs no matter what you say if the US or Israel attacks Iran for this reason then they have every right to do it plus we are in great position for going into Iran.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hmm, i feel the next area of conflict will be with Russia and Chechnya...iI feel this is a flash point awaiting another match. Europeans better be watching this area and the balklins for uprisings....didnt alot of both last world wars get triggered from events in/around this region first?

As far as another conflict for the USA, it will be Syria, or Iran...and id say Syria first....but all that depends on the actions and attitudes of those governments. I doubght the USA will attack Iran without provocation and/or or some type of coalition building first.....Syra is on thin ice if any wmd's could be traced there or any direct link in intelligence to terrorism is discovered.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Provocation from Iran? Isn't trying to enrich uranium and funding attack son US soldiers in Iraq and sending insurgents through the border and having ties to al qada that isn't enough provoking for you but you are correct though if we find out saddam put his WMd's in Syria before the war Syria is done.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Provocation from Iran? Isn't trying to enrich uranium and funding attack son US soldiers in Iraq and sending insurgents through the border and having ties to al qada that isn't enough provoking for you but you are correct though if we find out saddam put his WMd's in Syria before the war Syria is done.

- I hope you are getting you information from different people who told you all about why war with Iraq was just!

.....and what's this 'now the war with Iraq is drawing to a close'!?

Where do you get your information from 'Rush "pills" Lowbrow' or straight from the O'reilly tit?

LMAO.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I say Iran vs. Isreal, then China vs. Taiwan, then at some point in the future N. Korea vs. S. Korea + USA. And then a number of civil wars will take place in Africa. Lets not forget that eventually were going to take the rest of the middle east for the oil, I mean for good measure.

new topics

top topics

join