It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with this plume of smoke at the base of the two standing towers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I thought I'd seen it all, but I guess I missed this. Footage that aired only once clearly shows the two towers standing, with a plume of smoke nearly half way up the buildings coming from the base. Anyone?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

There were reports at the time of a truck bomb going off near the base, searching diligently you'll probably find it. It was reported during the mess of conflicting reports and later forgotten. It could be from a basement explosion as reported by witnesses.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This has been debunked so many times. It's the plume of smoke from the collapse of the first tower. Both towers are not standing.

I also like the implication that it's odd that live news is broadcast only once. In fact most live news is broadcast only once, by definition!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I remember wondering about that smoke on the day of the event.... but it was never mentioned again and I forgot about it.
edit on 3-3-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
This has been debunked so many times. It's the plume of smoke from the collapse of the first tower. Both towers are not standing.

I also like the implication that it's odd that live news is broadcast only once. In fact most live news is broadcast only once, by definition!

Did you even watch the video? Both towers are still standing and when they collapsed they disintegrated from the top down not the bottom up.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

.....Wow. If I bang my head against the wall for an hour I may be on the same level to understand that.

Step away from the internet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
very odd, I'd like to know what that was. seems to big to be a truck bomb. if it was a bomb, why would they do that? doesn't even seem liker it would affect the towers. there was another video showing car windows blown out and covered in dust maybe because of that huge plume

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Both towers are still standing

Ummm , no , they are not both still standing . Feel free to show us both towers in that clip . What you see in that footage are two faces of the same tower .

Look at the location of the antenna , it is centered . If that were two towers , the antenna would be out of place .
edit on 3-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I will say that i do not believe the OS on 911, but i will also tell you that it is hard to get a full picture from just a few frames.
The plume appears to be concrete dust from the base giving away as it is very white and thick.
Just my belief.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Am I the only one who only sees ONE tower in that video? I love my conspiracies, but this is one that i've never been able to jump on board with. Every 9/11 conspiracy ive ever hear has either been extremely fantastical, or logically disproved.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

No , you are not the only one . Read the above posts .

That clip does not show two standing towers . Period .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think it's just one tower. If the frame wasn't freezed up, the plume would probably travel higher up, indicating the building just collapsed/detonated. After all, what else could it be? 7 didn't collapse for 7 more hours. No other buildings blew up on that day.

this would mean that the car windows were blown up by the towers collapsing.
edit on 3-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

they also record live broadcast for later reports.got to milk the good footage
thats a common practice, i thought every body knew that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
While I have no faith in the OS, I have to agree it looks as if this is the onset of collapse of the south tower.
It certainly isn't smoke - it's too light and appears more consistent with concrete dust.
The only odd thing about it how far north of the south tower this plume is, seemingly right in front of WTC7.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

what the hell, people. Look at the clip again. In the middle of what you say is one tower is a slightly defined line, two towers. Hell, look at the top of the buildings closely, they are offset in elevation ever so slightly from left to right due to the perspective angle. Say whatever you want about this or that, but don't tell me it's one tower, that's just ignorance.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ok, just looked at the clip again. It appears that we are looking at the north tower and seeing face one and face two. I was questioning it at first, but then I noticed the holes at the top where the plane entered and sort of exited the other side. Also if you look at the bottom right of the tower you can see the cloud growing on that side as well.

I wish someone could find the youtube video of this so we can know for certain what they are looking at, but yeah, I am leaning towards this being a clip of the first collapse in progress.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I too would like more answers on the subway explosions and the basement explosions. There were also reports of the street exploding and collapsing. Funny thing about all of this, we don't have hardly any footage from the ground level in the street immediately surrounding the WTC towers. The reporters were there, but there is hardily any footage . On a side note, I had seen in the past TV footage with fake interviewee's where a witness deliberately turned aroumd and walked back to time his approach to the reporter. I've also seen footage from a reporting crew that was using each other as "fake" witnesses to what had happened. I can no longer find these videos and if someone has them or a link to them, it would be appreciated . Thanks.
edit on 3-3-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

what the hell, people. Look at the clip again. In the middle of what you say is one tower is a slightly defined line, two towers.

What the hell , that slightly defined line is the friggin CORNER of ONE tower .

Hell, look at the top of the buildings closely, they are offset in elevation ever so slightly from left to right due to the perspective angle.

There is no "offset in elevation" , the top of the ONE tower is partially obscured by smoke rising up and over it .

Say whatever you want about this or that,

but don't tell me it's two towers, that's just ignorance .

To claim that there are two towers in that clip is preposterous .
edit on 3-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Now I have seen it all and heard it all. A plume of smoke at the base, and yet both towers were still standing?? Why is the man in the video only showing the video in slow stop-motion video?

Here is the same thing seen from a slightly different angle. Notice the EXACT same cloud in this video:

Pay close attention to the left side of the collapse and the large white/grey cloud going up. The building in front of the cloud is WTC7. This can be seen in BOTH videos. See how the smoke and debris cloud rises up behind it the same way in both videos? It is and always was nothing more than the dust and smoke from the collapse of the south tower. Period. The man who made the video is a LIAR and nothing more.

Also, you mean to tell me that somehow, prior to the collapse of the first tower, NOBODY noticed a 47-story cloud of smoke coming up from the base of the WTC????? Not a single news crew, firefighter, police officer, workers in Lower Manhattan, paramedics, gawker, rubber necker, first responder?? Get real!!!

This video is nothing more than proof of how the truthers like to twist, skew, and fabricate crap to continue the delusions of "inside job" fairy tales. Its crap like this that makes the TM look worse and worse. Dishonesty is a prime force in the TM.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Forgot to mention, didnt anyone notice the "Earlier" caption in the upper left hand corner of the video? Gee I wonder what that could mean. Funny how it shows up in my video as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join