It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces It Is About To Blast America Into Zimbabwe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by donatellanator

quote by donatellanator,

"Everyone is so fearful of China and most have no confidence in America even though we do manufacture a great deal of goods here! They are of higher quality and because of that more expensive, BUT SAVE YOUR MONEY and this means nothing. We also are one of the biggest countries landwise (horizontally)... Since we have more horizontal space instead of vertical we can produce an abundance of crops in mass quantities in many states. China also has this advantage, but is nowhere near the producer we are in big ag."

What do you mean by higher quality and what goods are you talking about? if you mean a same article like a B&S lawnmower motor, there is most likely little difference in quality and durability, the American product however is more costly to make because of regulation and higher labour cost, not on a quality basis. The regulations however are a good thing, as long as they are abided by, the labour cost is an economic equation.

The sheer number of utterly clueless people on this site is staggering. China makes garbage. Look at ANY competing American vs Chinese product and the American product is better. I dare you to go find one thing the Chinese do better than the US...well, except violate human rights, steal technology, and manipulate their economy. The Chinese haven't had an original idea since the Ming Dynasty.

LOL to call others clueless and continue on your little ignorant rant was too ridiculous. Get your facts straight.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i heard about this on prisonplanet.com - well looks like i have to convince my dad to move to canada... -or------ stay and wait through what could be the greatest uprising the world has ever seen the US public v. its own govt and their military contracts

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1[/ni]

If this is true--it only confirms the fact that we have been sold out by our corrupt political system. The time will come and it may be near for us all to rise up and hold our political representatives responsible. We need to prosecute them in the courts for failure to protect America! The state of affairs of our country is in shambles--our politicians should be prosecuted for TREASON! They are treasonous in the inaction! We will have to come together people. Illegal immigration is another drag on our economy. The China's of the world should have to compete on the same premise our U.S. comanies compete i.e, living wage, not using child or prison labor, safety considerations, the list goes on and on. We should double tax any company moving jobs overseas and let them pay for the recovery. We should nationalize all oil fields in the U.S.! Especially the ones off shore or that are in Alaska reserves. Why should the residents of one state get money every year? It's all our tax money that provides the infrastructure to support the industry. No oil company should get any, ANY tax breaks! They should have to pay Triple TAXES!!! PEOPLE!!!! IT"S TIME TO WAKE UP!!! GET INVOLVED!!! DEMAND ACTION!!! WHERE HAVE THE STATESMEN GONE? YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO CALL THE UNITED STATES YOUR COUNTRY!!! DEMAND ACTION!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Isn't the American dollar only backed by about 2 cents of gold for every dollar out there!? You can't keep devaluated your currency by printing more! I realize that no currency is fully backed by gold, the last one was the Swiss Franc...and that wasn't even close to being current. This had to happen sooner or later, just wondering who would have the balls to call the US out. Watch out for war China.

I weak dollar helps us

Look...(obama voice) let's make this clear. The yuan is undervauled. The dollar is still overvalued. This has caused an all time high trade deficit with China.

When the U.S. spends $5 on imports from China and China only wants to spend $3 on imports from the U.S., China has $2 sitting around that it can't use to purchase goods in China since China's currency is the yuan. Therefore it has two choices, sell the dollar for the yuan, which decreases the value of the dollar, or purchase U.S. securities, most often treasury bonds. Since treasury bonds are in essence loans to the U.S. government, the trade deficit and the trading partners of the U.S. fund the national debt

Overall we are at -10% GDP. Either the yuan needs to get stronger (china won't let that happen) or the dollar needs to get weaker. Obama cannot announce such a thing because the market would crash. Wall street likes a strong dollar. The stock market isn't based on anything real per say but its all speculation and confidence in the dollar. The dollar was at 80 cents when Clinton was in office because of the Presidents before him...Reagan and Bush Sr.. Obama needs to spend more (print more) and devaule the dollar slowly.

What the US needs is produce is more exports...alternative energy maybe. China is a dirty place and could use it...we need to export them that technology asap.

edit on 3-3-2011 by knell1906 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueGrit

About that....

You know who's really to blame, the American Public
You allowed the Bush Dynasty to start 3 Wars, You voted for the Bush Dynasty 4 Times
You bought houses, cars you could not afford, and the Banks allowed you to
You keep buying V8 cars
You keep buying SUV's with V8's even though you have no real use for them
You Bought Chineese Crap, killing off Locally made goods

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey do you know what happens when foreign currencies appreciate? People start shifting their purchases to cheaper, domestic products. Isn't this a good thing? Or do we just like to look for the negative in everything?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

So when this doesn't happen, I assume that the OP will return to ATS to say "Hey guys, i was wrong again"

doom & gloomers are a scary scary breed.

Will you, OP, admit when you're wrong?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

thats how people get 4000 stars, they come on here and try and scare us all.

In all honesty my dad's a pretty savvy business man and he's been preaching about this china monopoly problem for a long time, It's true that if they stop exporting to us we are screwed. But i'm not going to hold my breath just yet, I think china still has a long way to go before they take over the world

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by TrueGrit

About that....

You know who's really to blame, the American Public

You Bought Chineese Crap, killing off Locally made goods

and what other "crap" were we to buy. Incase you didn't notice there is a lack of production of the necessary goods around here. And don't be fooled by companies like Apple that say designed in California, but then in the fine print its made by Foxcon in China

I'm sure if I came to your house I'd find all sorts of "made in china" tags

don't try and act like you didn't help this market, everyone is a consumer. I bet the computer your using wasn't made by you so where'd you get it.

hypocrites

iconic products no longer made in the USA

Read the link i bet you'll be shocked at some of these products. Do you own a cell phone because it wasn't made here, nor was any of your silverware

GummB
edit on 3-3-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by GummB because: add link

edit on 3-3-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

No, he's right. China makes absolute garbage. I bought a gas powered water pump from Harbor Freight (Chinese reverse engineered Honda), and bought the 2 year extended warranty. Just tonight, I took my 6th or 7th one back. They run okay for about 2 to 3 months, then they self destruct. I got a friend who's gone through well over 20 of them. If I had bought a good Briggs and Stratton or Honda pump, I'd still have the same one. And don't get me started about products from Wal-Mart. Zippers snap in a week, they just fall apart. CHINESE PRODUCTS SUCK. You get what you pay for.
edit on 3-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

my point is that china has taken over production of the goods we used to produce, and that is where our problem stands.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Well, whoever buys the goods are gonna get real tired of the terrible quality of them and eventually realize sometimes it's worth it to pay a little bit more for quality and dependability.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I believe they are purposely dropping the US dollar value so that it brings it a great opportunity for a one world currency.

The US dollar is the world's reserve currency, when you can purposely make that drop(which they have), you allow the opportunity to make a one world currency, since of course you are the power behind the worlds currency.

Two things to fulfill the NWO agenda.

World War III, and a one world currency by economic crash.

The tactic that has worked for 9/11 is you purposely cause a disaster, make the people beg for a solution, and then give them a solution, which is always planned ahead of time.

So with 9/11 we had the twin tower attacks. People wanted security, so this allowed Bush to do a lot of things, the most obvious two being the patriot act and of course going to war in the ME.

Now we see with the US dollar, make it purposely drop, people beg for a solution because of the poor living conditions, and then give them a solution(one world currency?).

edit on 3-3-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I dare you to go find one thing the Chinese do better than the US

Manage their economy?
Not allow their Corporations to hijack the government?

Pretty critical things is you ask me.

I said "manipulate their economy"... There is a difference between managing and manipulating. They manipulate.

Not allow corporations to hijack their government? Are you freaking kidding me? The corporations have more power there than they do here! Why do you think the corporations pay nothing towards the things that make it expensive to do business here? Like wages and employee safety measures...

You China leghumpers make me sick. Not only are you leghumpers, but you are clueless leghumpers.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by donatellanator

quote by donatellanator,

"Everyone is so fearful of China and most have no confidence in America even though we do manufacture a great deal of goods here! They are of higher quality and because of that more expensive, BUT SAVE YOUR MONEY and this means nothing. We also are one of the biggest countries landwise (horizontally)... Since we have more horizontal space instead of vertical we can produce an abundance of crops in mass quantities in many states. China also has this advantage, but is nowhere near the producer we are in big ag."

What do you mean by higher quality and what goods are you talking about? if you mean a same article like a B&S lawnmower motor, there is most likely little difference in quality and durability, the American product however is more costly to make because of regulation and higher labour cost, not on a quality basis. The regulations however are a good thing, as long as they are abided by, the labour cost is an economic equation.

The sheer number of utterly clueless people on this site is staggering. China makes garbage. Look at ANY competing American vs Chinese product and the American product is better. I dare you to go find one thing the Chinese do better than the US...well, except violate human rights, steal technology, and manipulate their economy. The Chinese haven't had an original idea since the Ming Dynasty.

LOL to call others clueless and continue on your little ignorant rant was too ridiculous. Get your facts straight.

"ignorant" would imply that I don't know what I'm talking about. Instead of making a meaningless remark, show me where I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Don't shoot I'm only the Messenger

Of course there's tons of made in china crap everywhere in the House
All the 'Lectronics is either made in Taiwan or Chine, all cloths made in China.

Manufacturing is Probably less than the US.
The difference is in My country, Employment not as crazy as the US
We don't have JP Morgan providing Food Stamps.
And our Financial System is "not as" corrupt as the US, however our
Politicians are.
We don't buy what we can't afford.
We are not the Reserve Currency

There isn't a single thing that got the US to where it is today.
But just like a Train Wreck, a series of Failures leading to it eventually coming of the rails. It's not off the rails yet, it's more like a car heading towards the Grand Canyon at 100MPH, but it's Ok because Bernake has Fixed the Brakes. When it gets to 100ft from the Edge Bernake plans to Light the Rockets to speed it up and make it Jump the Abyss.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Found this old article, but it is still ringing true
January 11, 2011

Chinese regulators early last month increased the number of exporters that can use yuan to settle international transactions from a few hundred to nearly 70,000. Some analysts have predicted that it will be only a few years before 20% to 30% of China's $2.3 (€1.8) trillion of imports could be conducted in yuan rather than US dollars. Today, less than 1% is done in yuan, according to Standard Chartered.

How True, this is what is about to happen, and we'll see how far the U.S. will go to stop it

Future of the yuan

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Wow people are really believing in this crap lol, oh no china will own us lol, cant wait to see the millions or poor chinese farmers and factory workers start there revolution, the chinese army is 8 million strong, how will they stop the 1 billion people fed up of the lies there told.

But heck where in the america bashing years, too bad people bnelieve in that garbage and get scared of lies fed by the oh so nice and non bias news..

ehhehe

thanks again for another non story, with a funny title.

no stars and no flags for ya buddy boy eheheh

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

If true, couldn't this re-open US domestic manufacturing of goods? If imported crap is too expensive, and outsourcing becomes too expensive, those processes and jobs will come back home to roost.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by GummB

Well, whoever buys the goods are gonna get real tired of the terrible quality of them and eventually realize sometimes it's worth it to pay a little bit more for quality and dependability.

Not likely.

Chinese goods are cheap and they do the job for most people. Professionals will want better stuff, but the Chinese goods suffice for many.

The Chinese have made it easier for the poorest Americans to obtain the items they want but previously could not afford.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join