It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces It Is About To Blast America Into Zimbabwe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"China hopes to allow all exporters and importers to settle their cross-border trades in the yuan by this year, the central bank said on Wednesday, as part of plans to grow the currency's international role."

This seems to be good news for the U.S. and a chance to perhaps dump some of it's debt as the exchange rates are most definitely in favor of the States.

1USD=0.15CNY (yuan)

Look at what happened on the DOW Jones index today:

This is a change of almost +200 points or +1.69%

While this is good on one hand ... This also represents an exchange of economic power (however small at the moment.)

I don't know how this can contribute to the devaluation of the dollar if the Yuan is worth almost 1/10 of the U.S. dollar. More notes can be printed and the inflation of doing so can be offset by lowering the U.S. debt. Is that a fair assessment?

However if the Yaun is quickly propped up the positive aspect of this will, of course, be quickly negated.

Peace & Respect,

AS

PS: I'm not very versed in economics so if I'm not right please don't jump all over me lol
edit on 3-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: ps

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This has been coming for quite a while now - what suprizes me is that everyone in the world has been talking about it for months now - how come you guys just found out? Or is it you just weren't listening?

Welcome to the World

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
And imagine the look of suprise on the Chinaman's face when we slap a 50% export tax on their garbage products coming into the US...or better yet stop buying them entirely.

Then we cease all agricultural aid and food transactions....oh and default on that gigantic debt that they are holding. Maybe they can figure out a way to feed those $0.99 plastic keychains to the 1 billion starving people they wont have enough food to feed.

As long as Americans can still afford bullets there will never be any take over.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wherewe.ed

Intervention and isolation are contradictions.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

This is the PERFECT time to deposit money in the Peoples Bank of China. They turn your dollars into yuan and as their dollar continues to be valued you can make a ton! Just looking out for all my fellow ATSers that what to make money from this disturbing news.

In the U.S. there are only two branches of the BOC, Los Angeles and New York and you must open an account in person

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Star for you good sir.......and I definitely saw it coming

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Dragon33
Very misleading title...
Shame, shame, shame...

It is only misleading if you are ignorant of Zimbabwe's currency problems.

I have, on my shelf, a 100 trillion dollar bill from Zimbabwe. It is the largest note (in terms of zeros!) ever printed, and at the height of their currency woes it would have purchased exactly 3 eggs.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

This isn't an issue of a Chinese invasion of America. Its an issue of the dollar losing its position as the global reserve currency.

And we can't very well force a country to do business in our currency, can we?

And as for Chinese goods... the only way for those to stop flooding our market is through government intervention in the marketplace and rolling back the power of corporations by slapping them with trade restrictions and regulations.

So much for free markets, huh!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Well you're totally wrong but it's ok I won't jump all over you Ill just explain. first, the exchange rate is currently $1= 6.57004 (info can be found HERE)

Second, the Chinese gov't has been keeping it's currency undervalued to crub inflation and in reponse to QE 1 and 2. That means that it has been keeping the value of the Yuan low in comparison to the dollar (about 1:6). As soon as their currency starts to be valued again, that ratio will move in their favor (1:5 or even 1:4). That makes all of their goods more expensive for us to buy. That will have a detrimental effect on our economy.

I know this is ATS and you'll have to take my word on this: I have a minor in Economics and still in school, so I study this fairly regularly

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You guys aren't seeing the big picture.

Think about it. If the yuan goes up and chinese products begin to cost more.
Then naturally manufacturing will have to come back to the states.
Companies will have to remain competative.
this will mean more factory jobs for workers.
meaning economic recovery and strengthening of the dollar.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

And imagine the look of suprise on the Chinaman's face when we slap a 50% export tax on their garbage products coming into the US...or better yet stop buying them entirely.

Then we cease all agricultural aid and food transactions....oh and default on that gigantic debt that they are holding. Maybe they can figure out a way to feed those $0.99 plastic keychains to the 1 billion starving people they wont have enough food to feed.

As long as Americans can still afford bullets there will never be any take over.

Trouble is that their products are not garbage, and are of pretty good quality build, it's the way of production that is not up to western europe at least, standards. That's why they have so much toxic waste. No secret then that so many US patents are built in China, it's not just because of labour. If you want to make a difference, make sure you buy something homemade and pay the extra....as long as it is a quality product, that could be the hard bit. I thought I should add this,

www.businessinsider.com...-baseballs-1

Thought I should also add, a lot of your newer cars are definitely better products.
edit on 3-3-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Things being harder to buy does NOT mean companies will move back to the U.S. Not as long as they can pay a dollar an hour (if they're lucky) to workers in Indonesia.

What will happen is we might have a lot of start up jobs and companies making things that we can no longer easily afford, but that cannot be in every industry because China may have many of the nessecary resources.

The most likely scenario is that the U.S. just gives "Foreign Aid" to a nation with the resources that it needs so we can obtain the materials that are costly from China. Or start a war with that country to forcibly take them

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
If this is "news" to you, then you haven't been paying attention. Forget 2012, UFO's, and all the other things discussed on these boards, this is something that WILL impact everyone that gets anything from China. Welcome to the Communist States of Zimbabwe, collapse of our American society is inevitable,

It's all in your perspective; this could turn out to be the next BOOM. Of course it would be painful, but it's just the jump start needed to force America back to the great industrial and manufacturing nation of the past. Maybe we will be forced to drop the miles of red tape and over the top environmental legislation that has basically forced manufacturing out of the U.S.

Amen...the anti-NAFTA kick in the ass we need!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Thanks you for your response Skerrako. It appears I have much to learn in regards to Economics
I very much appreciate your explanation of the situation at hand (even if to me it is a bit fuzzy).

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 3-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

In 1986 this Commercial was made its talking about 2 trillion Debt ! its now over 14 and counting !

the Commercial is based on the year 2017 it is now 2011

wr grace -deficit trials.mp4

That Commercial Was Banned?
Networks ban W.R. Grace's Deficit Trials (1986)

Chinese Professor

edit on 3-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ridiculous! It's not going to help China at all to set prices so high, yeah not smart on their part lets make everything unaffordable for Americans which is a huge part of China's income, everything is outsourced to China, why would they hurt their own economic growth. this won't happen, just like they wont come bomb the US and blow up 1,000s of Wal-marts that generate them so much revenue, The dollar will be fine give it time. plus not to mention the dollar is already worth nothing it's a piece of paper not backed by anything,gold,.silver,nothing. it used to be until the federal reserves

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Just like the toys that had lead in them? Yeah great products.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawgator406
reply to post by spy66

the reserve at the current rate would last 2.05 yrs.
but could last long if the would unlock all the suppressed resources and technology out of the patients office.

Wrong.

If we unlock all the suppressed resources and technology the oil wouldn't last a year. Because you would produce and consume "sell" it at a much faster rate.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
China Announces It Is About To *Economically* Blast America Into Zimbabwe

/title edit

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Actually China doesn't have to do anything
The USSA is doing all the hard work to bankrupt itself.
The solution is simple, just add some more ones and zeros into the Banks Computers.

And just think, the Poorer the average American gets, the richer JP Morgan gets, Brilliant.
And of course JPM are run by Jews, and every year your Government "gives" Israel a free
tax payer funded handouts, Brilliant. But the real Irony is, the Harder Americans work, the
richer the Jews and Israel become, Brilliant. That truely is doing GODS work.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join