It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Scatter Scanners Coming to the Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
And people will still say that it makes them feel safer......sad

Giving Transportation Security Administration agents a peek under your clothes may soon be a practice that goes well beyond airport checkpoints. Newly uncovered documents show that as early as 2006, the Department of Homeland Security has been planning pilot programs to deploy mobile scanning units that can be set up at public events and in train stations, along with mobile x-ray vans capable of scanning pedestrians on city streets.

blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
How can they say we need these both at the airport, and on city streets? if the ones at the airport help as much as they say, no one would get through. leaving the only people they could be suspicious of is the american population itself. The only reason to be suspicious of the population, is if you think they have some strong disagreement with TPTB's actions (or at least they would if they new the governments actions).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well, if they're going to be peeking, I may as well strut.

I assure you, if this becomes "intrusive," you'll see counter-measures - cloth woven with blocking materials, reflective materials, etc.

Seems that for every technology, there's a counter technology. And outside air travel, what you wear is none of their business.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think the more important question is, are they going to pay for everyone's health care once they get cancer from being overexposed to x-rays?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Why only air travel? What is it about air travel that makes us more deserving of these kinds of searches?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I read about them wanting to put scanners in at train stations, malls, and sporting events. If anything it will progress slowly so it's not rejected as much.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think this tech will be employed to soft kill troublemakers who are in data banks . Your license plate is read from x meters away than the out put is increased as you pass . And of course if the truth comes out, the exuse will be, " Well we have to employ deep scanning for poisible terror threats , the terrorist could use shielding materials". Once or twice would hurt you , but multiply it at every check point every day on your way to work and from work . A completely automated system compartmentalized
These devices can only be used for tyrantical purposes. If there are real threats I'd rather live in a free and open society and take my chances from a suit case nuke .
edit on 6-3-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well we all knew it was just a matter of time. They were obviously planning to destroy every shred of privacy that remained five minutes after 9/11. Whether you believe that was a conspiracy or not, it's indisputable that after 9/11, they knew nothing could stop them from finishing our rights off for good and they went for it with nearly reckless abandon.

They won't stop until the scanners are everywhere. And that won't be the end of it, either.
edit on 7-3-2011 by spicypickle because: Text added

join