It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 New Charges Against Pvt. Bradley Manning, Accused WikiLeaks Source

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Pfc Manning

Pfc Mannings Lawyers were told that the Govt. would not be seeking the death penalty. What a crazy world we live in. I read a lot of the released docs and did not find anything that I would consider to be of a National Security risk.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if the guy released a secret recipe of blueberry muffins. The point is he took classified info (a whole lot of it) and passed it along illegally, that in my book is treason. I'm very concerned with the current American generation and our lack of Integrity and discipline. They should make an example of this pathetic soldier and throw the book at him.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
It doesn't matter if the guy released a secret recipe of blueberry muffins. The point is he took classified info (a whole lot of it) and passed it along illegally, that in my book is treason. I'm very concerned with the current American generation and our lack of Integrity and discipline. They should make an example of this pathetic soldier and throw the book at him.

Because war crimes are best left under the rug. Completely agree with you. The less people know about the cluster bombed children and innocents blown to pieces by drones and remote gun ships, the better.

Much braver and noble to throw away a man for the rest of his life. At least the pigs ruled out the death sentence, which is a little mercy.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is just a 22 year old kid, who saw what was going on and not being reported, and decided to make it public. It wasn't right that he alledgedly gave top secret info out, but I don't think he should spend the rest of his life in a FEDERAL PRISON. What he did is possibly the lowest form of treason possible. I could understand if he was selling weapons to the enemy, but what did the enemy gain from the Wikileaks documents? More propagana is all the enemy got out of the released docs. They didn't cause any deaths, they didn't give out blueprints of U.S. technology. It was just information that should be public anyway. As long as all the names are left out of it, it is completely harmless.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
According to an Army press release, Manning is being charged with introducing "unauthorized software onto government computers to extract classified information, unlawfully downloaded it, improperly stored it, and transmitted the classified data for public release and use by the enemy.

Yea, we are the enemy !!!! That is all I can say as 1 more warning and they throw me off the site.....lol....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Yeah the truth is the enemy of what is going on over there right now. God forbid that the truth get out. I thought he was just downloading a Lady Gaga CD!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If Bradley Manning was the "whistleblower" I think he can add among things to his resume, that he almost single handedly brought down 2 brutal dictatorships (going on 3 and counting) and is responsible for introducing democracy to the Middle East. Not bad for a 22 year old kid! God bless him for letting the truth be known. As if that wasn't enough it appears he might bring down BofA and some of the Wall St gangsters that have plundered our nation. Now that was one well placed monkey wrench Bradley!
edit on 2-3-2011 by Leo Strauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
According to an Army press release, Manning is being charged with introducing "unauthorized software onto government computers to extract classified information, unlawfully downloaded it, improperly stored it, and transmitted the classified data for public release and use by the enemy.

Yea, we are the enemy !!!! That is all I can say as 1 more warning and they throw me off the site.....lol....

It blew my mind to see in a book I was reading a few years back, to see a list of "official enemy nations" of the USA... (I am sure the list has changed many times since then, although we're only talking about 2007 or so!)
AFAIK you guys have always had this list of official enemies. That's just mad! (In the true sense of crazy, insane etc, not the slangy sense of angry...)
V.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

Pfc Manning

Pfc Mannings Lawyers were told that the Govt. would not be seeking the death penalty. What a crazy world we live in. I read a lot of the released docs and did not find anything that I would consider to be of a National Security risk.

Respectfully, its not your opinion that is causing the issues for manning. With the amount of classified information he leaked, I can see the charge count going a lot higher than just 23. Your not looking at one charge for releasing all of that info, but seperate charges for each piece leaked.

Wikileaks aside, Manning broke the law and got caught doing it. Same with the other intelligence analyst who was Navy who just got caught a few months back.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
If Bradley Manning was the "whistleblower" I think he can add among things to his resume, that he almost single handedly brought down 2 brutal dictatorships (going on 3 and counting) and is responsible for introducing democracy to the Middle East. Not bad for a 22 year old kid! God bless him for letting the truth be known. As if that wasn't enough it appears he might bring down BofA and some of the Wall St gangsters that have plundered our nation. Now that was one well placed monkey wrench Bradley!

What?

He had nothing to do with what is going on in the Middle East. Unless someone can cough up some facts to support otherwise.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

What?

He had nothing to do with what is going on in the Middle East. Unless someone can cough up some facts to support otherwise.

Manning is the one who leaked the files for Iraq and Afghanistan, which included military operational plans among other things, which in fact does provide aid to the enemy, since it reveals operational material they enemy can use.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Manning is the one who leaked the files for Iraq and Afghanistan, which included military operational plans among other things, which in fact does provide aid to the enemy, since it reveals operational material they enemy can use.

Right, but Leo is trying to make it out that what he released caused all of the "excitement" going on over there now.

Can anyone prove that what he did led to the uprisings? Or in some way helped them?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Poor kid. This is what happens when the right thing is done. Absolutely crazy. The man exposed war crimes, including the July 12, 2007 Apache Baghdad air strike.

Makes me sick.
edit on 3-3-2011 by lucidclouds because: sp

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Google is your friend. Here is one among many...

The Guardian

Paradoxically the leaked comments by the US ambassador in Tunis, widely read across the region, played a major role in boosting Washington's image on the Arab street. Ordinary Tunisians liked the way in which the Americans – unlike the French – had so frankly highlighted corruption.

They now wanted the US to support their ongoing jasmine revolution. They asked Washington to exert pressure on neighbouring Arab leaders, and prevent them from interfering.

Muammar Gaddafi, the despot in neighbouring Libya, had no problem in acknowledging a link between events in Tunis and WikiLeaks – a demonic link, so far as he was concerned. Gaddafi said he was pained by Ben Ali's overthrow and "concerned for the people of Tunisia, whose sons are dying each day". He warned Tunisians not to be tricked by WikiLeaks, "which publishes information written by lying ambassadors in order to create chaos".

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Depends on what people will accept. The Taliban has gone on record talking about the leaked documents, and said they were going through it to look for traitors (which some people dispute). The fact is though they have the info, and are going through it. Aside from people who are helping NATO, any other info that talks about military operations is detrimental.

It also exposed rifts between Pakistani ISI and the CIA, which their cooperation just ended last week.

I personally believe the release of the information made our job a lot harder, and I believe he placed people in jeoprady.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I still don't even know why we are there in the first place. This thing has gone on longer than WW2 and WW1 combined.

Now I am pretty sure Iraq did not attack the US on 9/11

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I still don't even know why we are there in the first place. This thing has gone on longer than WW2 and WW1 combined.

Now I am pretty sure Iraq did not attack the US on 9/11

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

What?

I do not agree with that other poster, who said the WIKI-LEAKS APACHE Afgan video, was a war crime. It's possible the poster, did not see the whole video. But the Apache crew might have gone a bit overboard, by attacking that van. If you just looked at CBS News, Katie Couric's cutted news report of the incident, you would swear it was indeed a war crime.

But whoa, Bradly Manning, did indeed, play a huge factor in these Middle Eastern country's struggle for democracy and freedom by causing civil unrest and rebellion against these autocratic dictators.

It was Jullian Assange's release on Wiki-Leaks, about Hosni Mubarak, and his son's luxurious lifestyle's, which included Hosni's grooming, of his son, to be be the next dictator in power of Egypt; according to leaked U.S. diplomatic cables. Based on a news report, by the New York Times, that brought the whole house down in the Middle East.

I consider Bradly Manning, a U.S. war hero; and demand his release from the brig; and the dropping of all charges against him. I accuse the U.S. Marine Corp, of using "gitmo" style torture tactics's against Manning, by degrading his manhood, by forcing him to live an solitary life- stark naked. The U.S. Marine Corp's should be charged with torture, against Manning, and put on trial themselves.

They threw, another 22 charges against Manning, by trying to give the kid a mental breakdown torture tactic, by threatening his execution upon conviction; so he could be in the prosecutions pocket against Jullian Assange and Wiki-Leaks!!!

FREE BRADLY MANNING: A HERO OF THE FREE WORLD!!!

Erno86
edit on 5-3-2011 by Erno86 because: ADDED MORE INFO

edit on 5-3-2011 by Erno86 because: error in grammer

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

"Respectfully, its not your opinion that is causing the issues for manning. With the amount of classified information he leaked, I can see the charge count going a lot higher than just 23. Your not looking at one charge for releasing all of that info, but seperate charges for each piece leaked. Wikileaks aside, Manning broke the law and got caught doing it. Same with the other intelligence analyst who was Navy who just got caught a few months back. "

Respectfully, it's only your opinion Manning is guilty.. there's new thing called a "trial" that hasn't happened yet. Yea I know, crazy pre-911 formalities.. not to worry, news isn't called "programming" by accident... the unwashed masses downloaded Manning propaganda 1.0 and have been programmed to crave BBQ Manning flesh extra crispy.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
But whoa, Bradly Manning, did indeed, play a huge factor in these Middle Eastern country's struggle for democracy and freedom by causing civil unrest and rebellion against these autocratic dictators.

It was Jullian Assange's release on Wiki-Leaks, about Hosni Mubarak, and his son's luxurious lifestyle's, which included Hosni's grooming, of his son, to be be the next dictator in power of Egypt; according to leaked U.S. diplomatic cables. Based on a news report, by the New York Times, that brought the whole house down in the Middle East.

So, then Bradley Manning can be listed as an accomplice to all the crimes that have been committed since this started?

Guess we can add that to his charge list. If what you say is true than the blood of everyone who has died is on his hands.

Maybe he realized that, and that was what led him to make his suicidal gesture/statement?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join