It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could You Pass The US Citizenship Test?: (try it, I dare you)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
45/50... pretty easy if you read the news

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Correct!

Thanks for taking the U.S. Citizenship quiz. We hope you enjoyed it.

Your final score is 50 out of 50 questions.

Of Course being a Military Officer and having a Master's IN History helps I guess.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The real citizenship test is basically 4 parts. Speaking, Civics questions, writing and reading. The speaking part consists of questions about the aplication (Form N-400) and some general basic questions like how did you get here today?

The civics part is based on 100 questions. The apllicant has access to the questions and has time to memorize the correct answers.

The reading part is based on about 70-80. These words are used to create simple sentences which applicant must read.

The reading part is also based on about 70-80 words. These words are used to create sentences that are then dictated to the applicant.

Overall the test is pretty easy with preparation time and has about a 92% passing rate since October 2010.

Test Material on writing, reading, civics test.

Passing rate

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wish there was a way to know how many US citizens actually took the online test there. Since there were statistics of how many people got each question right.

There were some questions that would just show the sad state of US education when only 60% of the people knew how many senators there were and only 40something % knew how long house members served for.

I can understand people not knowing, or remembering who wrote the Federalist Papers, but too many people just don't know who is 3rd in line for the President either....

For the record, I was 50/50. I did also pass the UK test.

edit on 2-3-2011 by webpirate because: Additional thoughts.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
******Correct!

Your final score is 48 out of 50 questions.

I think I could pass becoming a U.S. citizen. If people would actually pay attention in History class it wouldn't be that hard.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i got a 47 out of 50 on the us and 19 out of 24 on the UK test i passed both

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I thought it would be interesting to post the test questions from 1940. My grandparents had clipped these from the newspaper that were written in English and their native language. I post only the English version. Interesting to see the
questions from then and now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/621728cb9770.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9115f9009ff4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56b8e784abda.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b946b9498774.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I got 20 out of 24 correct on the UK Test. I guess even I, an American, know a lot about the United Kingdom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7d770e2495e.jpg[/atsimg]

To the OP | I took the test and received a 47 out of 50 for the American citizenship test online. I know a lot even about my country. The 3 I missed, I should not have missed!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That was pretty cool. Missed three.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Total Questions: 24
Answered: 24
Unanswered: 0
Correct Answers: 20
Wrong Answers: 4
Time Taken: 5 Min & 27 Sec
Score: 83 %

Result: PASSED

As a Yank I passed that one ? Blimey ! ..........

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
I got 7 out of 10, I guess they wouldn't let me in

The UK has one too as well Life in the UK test

I missed five (involved was a lot of guessing).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Correct!

Your final score is 50 out of 50 questions.

Woohoooo! I did pay attention in History class!
I actually did love History though... still do!

I once dated a French guy that had lived here for 24 years, yet hadn't taken his Citizenship Test. He joined the army at the ripe old age of 34 and took the test after boot camp. The first time, he failed miserably. I can understand how it would be hard for someone who was just coming into the country to fail, but this guy had been taught in our school systems for the majority of his life and still failed. Don't know if it was his fault or the school system's.

But then again, this guy also hated the government in just about every way imaginable and then went and joined the army. Yeah, way to go!
I never did understand that, but then again... he was a prick.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
49/50. I screwed up the draft one. I thought you were required to register early, but his says 18-26. Of course, that's not on my radar screen, but still.

Actually, it was kind of a trick question. The draft says:

You may register as soon as you reach the age of 17 years and 3 months but must register within 30 days of turning 18.

so you can't just register at 26, but the only other answer was 16, so I guess 18026 was closest.

edit on 3/2/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

50 out of 50, though I disagree with some of the questions. Senators are supposed to represent the states, that is why we originally had them. That is part of the reason for the rampant federalism we see today. And "what happened on 9/11"? I knew thenswer they wanted, but it is not the truth imo. Stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

" And "what happened on 9/11"? I knew thenswer they wanted, but it is not the truth imo. Stuff like that. "

Yes , I was somewhat Teed Off at their Limited Answers for that one too . .......

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am just a little disappointed for my not good score,
... I still have many things to learn....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dccruibay

I was going to write something humorous for some of the replys I have read. Then I saw yours. Don't be bumming. Use it as a guide to better yourself etc.

Nothing worth while comes easily my friend.

Have a good night/day.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

tell your mom way to go.
we want more like her, and to raise her kid's to respect the country .
who could ask for any thing more.
star and flag my friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Your final score is 45 out of 50 questions.

missed both questions on congress, had time elected turned around
missed fed papers was thinking jefferson, should have been madison
and cant remember the other two.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If only it were as simple as walking up to the border office and going "Hi, I'd like to take the test." If that were all it was, there'd be no damn problem.

Of course, that's not the case at all; you can only take the test (this is the literacy and education test) after five years legal residency.

Becoming a legal resident requires the investment of several thousand dollars, and doing so for five years comes with a wildly divergent set of conditions, depending on who you are and where you live (A brit moving to Boston is going to make the 5 years, easy; a Somali living in Fargo... maybe not)

In other words, you have no problem with wealthy people coming in, bot those tired, poor, huddled masses can just go piss up a tree

49/50. because the Senate isn't supposed to work that way, gowdangit.
edit on 2/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join