It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High court rules for military funeral protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This is exactly what they had in mind. Popular speech doesn't need any protection, despised speech however does. I think it was jefferson that said something along those lines.

I agree in principal but despised speech doesn't cover threats. have you watched any of the videos taken during their many protests? They make serious threats and not just the vengeance of the Lord either!
Justice Alito has a point about 'Fighting Words'! Those words meant to elicit a reaction and taunting to create a problem, even violence are not protected speech! Westboro has a history fo doing just that. They, the lawyers in the family, have used this practice in Kansas many times to make money for their church. It's not a secret either. How is it these folks have the money to travel all over the country with 30+ protesters all this time? They don't work other than their law practice as far as the family is concerned. The rest are full time protesters!

Zindo
edit on 3/3/2011 by ZindoDoone because: spelling

edit on 3/3/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

In my opinion, ALL speech is protected speech. If there were exceptions to the rule, they would have been put in there. Then again I am of the mind that only weakminded people are offended by words. The only exception to the rule I can understand is yelling fire or bomb in a crowded place, and people get trampled hurt and dead. Also keep in mind, I am from a poor backround as well, so I am also of the mind that you better not get into any type of hate speech, or threatening, unless you are willing to fight. Calling the cops like a pussy will get you ostracised or even dead there lol. Try any of that lawsuit crap, you are likely to get a visit from some gang members to shut you up.

I really don't care to see any more videos of these jerkoff people than I have already seen to be honest. I am not really sure how these nutjobs are still alive TBH, you would think some of the pissed off soldiers would have shut them up permanently by now...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join