It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenn. bill would make following Shariah a felony

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

So if US and State laws supercede Sharia law, why the need for Sharia law at all? Take out all of the civil-type Sharia laws and what is left?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Pretty damn ridiculous. While I agree that some aspects of Sharia law are terrible and have no place in the 21st century, there are other aspects of it that are very good.

Sharia law requires Muslims to pray five times per day: are we really in favor of banning Muslims' prayers?
Sharia law forbids usury. I can see why Western powers would be against this

Sharia requires Muslims to help the poor. Shall we stop that too?

These are just three examples of Sharia law that are very good. Of course it is easier to accept what the media tells us, that Sharia is only about genital mutilation and honour killings. By banning it in its entirety, we are throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Why the need for Mosaic law? Its a religious thing. I dont know, ask them. As I see it personally there is no need. But I dont belong to those religions.

The point is their religious laws have no legal meaning here in the US. Because our founders realized what a mess the various sects of Christianity had made of Europe and the British Isles with all its political meddling and whatnot, they made a rule, that religion and government should be separate here in the US.

You have the freedom to be any religion you want, you can worship Buddha, or Flying Spaghetti monsters, or Jesus, or Muhammad. You have that freedom. But none of these religions can take over the government, and impose their belief system on others.

Like I said before, the Christians who are so desperate to outlaw Sharia would not have to be so worried if part of their own agenda were not to compromise the separation of church and state. They are just trying to have their cake and eat it to. If they can ban Sharia, then they can continue their war on the separation of church and state in peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Pretty damn ridiculous. While I agree that some aspects of Sharia law are terrible and have no place in the 21st century, there are other aspects of it that are very good.

Sharia law requires Muslims to pray five times per day: are we really in favor of banning Muslims' prayers?
Sharia law forbids usury. I can see why Western powers would be against this

Sharia requires Muslims to help the poor. Shall we stop that too?

These are just three examples of Sharia law that are very good. Of course it is easier to accept what the media tells us, that Sharia is only about genital mutilation and honour killings. By banning it in its entirety, we are throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

These three elements of the law can be incorporated and made US law. Just because one law is written the same exact way on two polar opposites does not mean to get a panicky as that will cause social insability which we currently cannot afford right now.

Honour killing is a class issue and more prevalant amongst the heirarchy of Islamic Society and isn't really practiced by their either poor or middle class. That would be like if the American TPTB kill off their own because they disrespect the family in which they do in fact do so in reality it's already here.
edit on 2-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

So it's not true that when women are raped they're stoned to death?
So it's not true you could loose your hands if you steal? etc. etc. etc.
Really?

Look at crime statistics over there pertaining to thefts and robberies and you will see that it is almost non existant. These are only worst case scenarios for Enemies Of The State and is seen as the absolute maximum sentencing guidelines and continually gets abused.

This is to make sure that the family is respected and to respect other's property.

One of the Ten Commandments is "Thou shall not covet thy neighbour's goods" and that can be seen as Judism put the law into place while Islam passed and decreed the maximum punishment.

As said earlier the youth wants to change is to be more friendly and humane as a vast majority of Arab Muslims are sick and tired of the nonsense as completely expressed in the recent uprisings which have lead to the fall of at least a dozen dictators and a regime change in at least 20 others. This is the youth telling the elders that enough is enough and that they clearly will no longer tolerate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join