It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial terrorism suspected in 2008 economic crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My feelings are that this was simple and plain GREED transferred into a scheme like no other.
The rich guys and gals are laughing in their penthouses and we the people are crying over $4.00 a gallon spilled milk while trying to pay the bills.

Frigging disgusting I say.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by Someone336

But who is really going to control that global reserve currency?

Why is that people have in their mind that anyone 'controlling' a currency is a matter of course, or needed or not a reason to start shooting people in the face about.

The monopoly of money is vile and cancerous - if someone owned and controlled all the drinking water in the world - would people think that was a dangerous and unwholesome thing?

Money is as important to survival as water in the modern world - NO-ONE should control its issue or value.

Money should be created by everyone who needs it - when people realize that money is their right, and start using thier OWN money - then we start a road towards freedom.

The most widely accepted forms of money that anyone can have, issue and create are precious metals - silver and gold.

The original article is a vile piece of trash - the source of the economic collapse was the Federal Reserve, central banking systems and its member banks.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I always knew that Obama wanted to lay blame on some external factors instead of his own.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I for one am certain that this story is absolutely 100% true. No way is it the fault of big banks and their CEOs. They have nothing but mine and my family's best interests in mind and would do anything to make sure our money is safe and wisely invested, and I applaud the hard work of our federal government in uncovering those responsible for this heinous and unprovoked act of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Technically, you are correct. The reality is far more complicated than that.

For capitalism to exist the state must also exist. It is through the state that markets are regulated, maintained and protected. The government grants corporate charters, dolls out subsidies, and protects against monopolies.

But, many say isn't this a contradiction to free markets? Indeed, but imagine a world where there was no government interference in the markets. Look at Chile under Pinochet. It can't happen.

So, with the aid of hijacked state, capitalism has evolved into something monstrous, out of control, a series of government-sanctioned monopolies that can make or break currency trends of country by selling or buying stocks in reactions to external events. A certain politician gets elected? Massive dips in the stock market make sure that politician plays games. If there was no control at all the currency, the level of this manipulation would be far greater than it is now. It would be nothing short than cataclysmic. Can you imagine a world of globalized trade with no government oversight?

The only just solution to the whole mess is a government that operates in comity with its population democratically, and works for the benefit of its people to guard against oppression from the financial movers and shakers. Protectionist trade policies must be put into place to lessen international competition, and the domestic manufacturing base must be rebuilt. The currency must no longer be the global reserve currency and must be backed by precious metals.

The only way to achieve this is through a government that is forced to listen to its people. That means getting up and doing something about it!

The only other choice is to establish a strong, international central bank that operates a global reserve currency. One should keep in mind that this far more simple scenario still doesn't mean that the currency would be controlled by individuals, other than international exchange rates.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D

Financial terrorism suspected in 2008 economic crash

www.washingtontimes.com

Evidence outlined in a Pentagon contractor report suggests that financial subversion carried out by unknown parties, such as terrorists or hostile nations, contributed to the 2008 economic crash by covertly using vulnerabilities in the U.S. financial system.

Suspects include financial enemies in Middle Eastern states, Islamic terrorists, hostile members of the Chinese military, or government and organized crime groups in Russia, Venezuela or Iran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I hope there are organizations looking at the possible threat of this occurring in the future, as this poses real problems for all concerned. Very serious stuff. Also look at those algorithmic trading computers and their vulnerabilities. But I don't see the crash of 2008 as a terrorist plot. It was just pure greed and lack of oversight that caused the GFC.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

That's the kewlest thing I've heard all day........Financial Terrorism! That is exactly what it is and there are crimes that should be made accounted for within the justice system.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
dumbest thing ive ever heard, take responsibility.
not every single thing is al queda's fault

(didnt read the whole thread, i saw this on Faux news earlier, and laughed.)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

edit on 2-3-2011 by Chickensalad because: double post

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This reminds me of a little while back, when a guy was caught crossing the Italian border with a sh*t load of fake US Bonds. If he was able to cash in on those it would of definitely been able do do a little damage. But this is talking about screwing wall street I think. The whole dumping and buying large amounts at the last minute and what not..?.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join