It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring back blasphemy laws.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xerxes1434

and people like you have the nerve to slag off muslim fundamentalists
god dam hypocrites

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
this member should be banned from ever posting again
i dont care what sort of experiment or whatever this is
this is baiting to the biggest degree
get rid of it mods

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The OP is part of what is seriously wrong with this country... we should have laws against religious people being hateful to science facts and people who think for themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434

(....)

Blasphemy laws should come back into effect and be NATIONAL. People that criticize and mock God, Christ, and or the Bible should be put in prison for a maximum of 30 years and all their property seized.

This country is going to bring the wrath of God down on itself because people have no respect or fear of God. You mock him now but you'll cry out to him when his judgement falls down on us.

You can't overestimate my feelings of relief as I realize you can't put you religious-fascism at work where I reside.

It takes a lot of arrogance and stupidity to plea for punishment of those who refuse to play the "imaginary friend" game.

In a true democracy, there's a separation of state and church, there's investment in decent education in order to give people the tools to deal with their realities, however confusing these realities might be.

I'm a European atheist and I really don't dig this kind of stupid, intolerant calls for fascism. But then again, we don't even shave our armpits, we must be very bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

This was founded as a Christian nation. People can have free speech as long as they want but their should be an exception to that rule for blasphemy.

That is why this country is spiraling down into a cesspool because people have no respect for God and his laws. God rained down fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah because of their blatant disregard for God and his laws. Our country is like they are now with open homosexuality, gay marriage, etc.

We need to turn back to God and his Word if we are to survive as a nation. Look at the Greeks and Romans, their nations fell because they practiced homosexuality, God did not spare them.

before starting a pile of bullsh*t, get your facts right! You won't get these from your big book or sunday school. Maybe reading some history studies might help, but then again, why should you? You have the big g's support, haven't you.

This kind of fascist calls is what makes it difficult for me to keep respect for believers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dear ChanceMusky and Czygyny,
First, let me say I WAS WRONG. The number is closer to 34% for the highest cited number (I did some additional digging. Second, let me say I'm delighted to find that other people want to learn. That's why I came to ATS. I really want to learn and I want to do it as quickly as I can, time is short.

One recent historical account of Freemasonry, THE TEMPLE & THE LODGE, boast instead of the profound influence of Freemasonry on the founding documents, (while carefully trying to avoid creating the impression of a Masonic conspiracy):

"Of the fifty-six signatories of the Declaration of Independence, only nine can definitely be identified as Freemasons, while ten others may possibly have been.

and

From American Masonic History - What Are America's True Roots?

"Some of the greatest names of the American Revolution were Masons: Ethan Alien, Edmund Burke, John Claypoole, William Daws, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, John Paul Jones, Robert Livingston, Paul Revere, Colonel Benjamin Tupper, and George Washington. Of the 56 signers of The Declaration of Independence, eight were known Masons and seven others exhibited strong evidence of Masonic membership.

Both of these came from:
www.watch.pair.com...

Here's another.

SIGNERS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Known Masons (8): Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, Joseph Hewes, William Hooper, Robert Treat Payne, Richard Stockton, George Walton, William Whipple

Evidence of Membership And/or Affiliations (7): Elbridge Berry, Lyman Hall, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Nelson Jr., John Penn, George Read, Roger Sherman

Summary: 15 of 56 Signers were Freemasons or probable Freemasons.

This comes from:
www.rapidnet.com...

I hope the links work. Again, thanks for responding.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I really have to question your approach. First, look at all of the hatred and anger that's been created by your posts. There are only a few circumstances where that is wise and I don't think this is one of them.

Second, we have laws against disturbing the peace and (I believe) disrupting church services. That will take care of a few of the cases.

Third, there is a difference between God's law and man's law. Blasphemy, in this country, is still in the realm of God's law and I would rather be punished by man than by God. You can agitate for changing man's law, any citizen can, but you have little support, you are not creating any additional support, and you will run into serious difficulty because of the First Amendment.

You've mentioned making an exception to the First Amendment. Sorry, you will run into even more difficulties in amending the Constitution than you will in simply changing a law. The Supreme Court just ruled 8-1 in the Westboro Baptist case, (the one where there were anti-gay protesters at veteran's funerals) that even incredibly hateful speech was protected. I'm sure they would protect anything resembling blasphemy, too.

Please, rethink what you are doing.
edit on 2-3-2011 by charles1952 because: Add last paragraph.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear ChanceMusky and Czygyny,
First, let me say I WAS WRONG. .

And it takes a level headed and earnest person to admit to it. We are here to learn and to teach, and we need to strive not to be right, but to be correct.

From quite some time our presidents have been handpicked for us, and they have all been involved in secret societies and most of them are related in some way with the British Crown and to each other (even Obama).

They are the elite who have no connection to, nor understanding of, nor real affection for the rest of us.

It is a conspiracy that makes this simple farmgirl very uneasy and dismayed by the human species' greedy lust for power.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thanks for the info! And no problem, I make mistakes all the time, and have to go back and try to correct them. Its all part of the process
And I came to ATS to learn to, seeing as there is much info here that is not "mainstream" and readily taught

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why is it that most of the amusing reads on ATS usually have something to do with religious nonsense?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

I'm not able to agree with you in this particular case. I find this thread to be frightening and saddening.

For humor, the jokes forum has good stuff. I also smile at the conspiracy theorists with "For the last 4,000 years we have been controlled by aliens, Caesar, the Pope, the Bilderbergers, the Council of 8, the international bankers, the Jews, the Illuminati, the Three Cities, European royalty, the military, the CIA, and industrialists, (I've forgotten the rest). They can see and control our every move, we are their slaves or will be very soon...Sorry, I'm getting carried away, I'll stop now.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was trolling I admit it. Just wanted to get a rise out of you guys. Looks like it worked.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hope the mods reprimand you, this is a place for serious debate and theories.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I was trolling I admit it. Just wanted to get a rise out of you guys. Looks like it worked.

I suspected as much but the trouble is, there are people out there that DO feel this way and if allowed their will they would make this world a disphoric and very unhappy place.

I have no problem defending a better way, even if this thread was a juvenile attempt at personal entertainment.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Blasphemy laws should come back into effect and be NATIONAL. People that criticize and mock God, Christ, and or the Bible should be put in prison for a maximum of 30 years and all their property seized.

This country is going to bring the wrath of God down on itself because people have no respect or fear of God. You mock him now but you'll cry out to him when his judgement falls down on us.

edit on 3/3/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: added Required source link

I am a Christian, and I say that's completely insane! You can't legislate faith... and any attempt to do so will only cause ridicule on your country and bitterness against God.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I just have one thing to say on this since I have already replied once, but I do feel it necessary to say.

I am shocked this thread still exists for one and for two people are still responding. You are only feeding this idiots ego by responding.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I just have one thing to say on this since I have already replied once, but I do feel it necessary to say.

I am shocked this thread still exists for one and for two people are still responding. You are only feeding this idiots ego by responding.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was old, I was intrigued by the title...
Vicky

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

god dam this.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If your god doesn't like folks talking smack about it/him/her, let him/it/her smite them.

Since she/him/it hasn't smited (smitten?) anyone lately, it must be ok with it/him/her.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

This country is going to bring the wrath of God down on itself because people have no respect or fear of God.

And what heresy is this? You claim to be a prophet for God? You claim to know his will? This is blasphemy.

As per your request, you should turn yourself in to the authorities.
Demand to be jailed (no more than 30 years though, any longer would an unreasonable punishment
)

edit: I missed this later post by the OP...

Pretty lame troll. I hope your future trolls are more entertaining.
edit on 7-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join