It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lingering Dream [ Dream Interpretation ]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
A little bit of background for this thread :

I am currently engaged to the love of my life for 2 years. We have moved in together, are making it in the gritty but loving way young couples do, and are very happy. Before him, however, I knew this other guy ( let's call him C ) for quite a while. He was many things to me ; teacher, lover, friend, ect. However, he had no idea how to truly love and respect a woman, and I spent a few years being his "other" girl and main girl as he had weird as mess mood swings. Finally, I couldn't take waiting and passed over ( I think I kinda started to realize things also, underneath my skin as it were ) and knocked him down to friendship. He wasn't too happy about this change, and when my husband ( let's call him A ) proposed, he acted liked we never split up and left in a big fit. I haven't heard from him in months.

Fast forward to my dream last night!

I do not remember how it really started, but my first clear memory in the dream is of C and I, and his family, sitting in a room, talking amongst ourselves. Things do feel strained between C and I, so I ask for some alone time with him to talk. We seem to talk it out like adults ( him realizing his problems with women, time heals all wounds, ect ) when a group of people I have never seen before, carrying medical bags and whatnot, come into the room. They tell C that they are going to give him "vitamins". He agrees, and soon they are shooting him up six ways to Sunday. He falls asleep at the first needle-prick.

In my gut, even in the dream, I feel that something is horribly wrong with this. I either just flat out ask them and they tell me, or I do some research ( I cannot remember which, but I know that there was some conversation involved ) I find out that his family is giving him and his older brother drugs to slowly wipe out their long term memory, effectively erasing who they are so they can work only to bring the family money.

( In real life,they do dedicate a LOT of resources to their family, who speaks pretty ill of them at times. There are a few good apples in there, but the bad ones cause more of a stink) I decide to "Save" C and whisk him off under the cover of darkness to the North Carolina Mountains. We get there, get into a cabin, and chill. C and I find out that our favorite band is playing a concert not to far from us.Risking is, we don disguises and head on out. It goes well, until the head singer starts to cover really bad songs in a really bad way REALLY unlike him. C tries to take a picture with a random dream group of other people,and gets promptly hauled off by the rent-a-cops keeping the band "safe". I bust him out of that hole, and then the dream kinda fades out.

When I woke up, and all day today, I had this strange mix bag of feelings. A dash of hope, contentment, and... not quite finality, but something a peg under it. Since I am very new to this dream interpretative realm, and since it is quite close to my heart, I'm looking for insight as to what this could mean from my peers.

Any feedback is welcome!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

My opinion is if you dream about C then some part of you wants him back, or at least to actually be friends with him. Maybe he does/has something your husband doesnt have, or maybe he could just be a good friend, the possibilites are endless in your situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This is obviously a personal dream, and there is zero chance of me, or anybody else who doesn't know you at least as well as your husband, "interpreting" anything.

As to why you had the dream:

I haven't heard from him in months.

Dreams are thoughts. Some part of you, let's call her "the source of dreams," felt it would be a good idea for you, the waking you, to think about this person, your relationship to him, his relationship to his family, etc.

So, you had a dream, another way to say that you thought about those things. Maybe it matters what happens in the dream, maybe not. That would be interpretation.

But the practical effect is that you have now devoted some time in waking consciousness thinking about the person, etc.

Maybe that's a good idea. Good idea or not, now you've done it. I recommend that you make a mental note to thank the source of dreams for bringing this matter to your attention. If the source of dreams thinks you need to think about it some more, or has anything specific to add to what you've already thought, then she has your number.

Good luck with it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

I have had some dreams about him before... Some scary ( him stalking me for wronging him, pretty mundane ) to bordering on fantasy like ( him wearing different totem masks as I made a pilgrimage to different holy sites ). I think the line is starting to blur between him being an actual person, and him standing for some ideals in my life. Once you go so long without seeing someone, they do become somewhat... unreal in some cases.

I love your thought about the inner person wanting me to think about him though! I tend not to listen to myself sometimes, no matter what/how I think of the person. Thanks for your feedback!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

I think you did a good job explaining that/sharing your opinion, thank you.

Sorry OP (Original Poster), but I am not one/a person to/that try/tries to interpret dreams really/that often/usually/if at all, but I do like to explore them though and try to make some sense of them if there is a sense to be made.

Sometimes dreams seem to be for fun, sometimes to practice something, sometimes to re-create something, sometimes to learn something, sometimes to deal with something, sometimes to prepare for something, sometimes to organize memories/thoughts, sometimes for distraction, and on and on and on...

But they seem to often/usually be personal and so the Dreamer has the advantage in deciding What, if anything, in the dream has an Unique/Interesting Meaning for them
; there are so many possibilities that it can be hard trying to make sense of them some times.

Often/usually exploring the dream itself, your feelings in and after the dream, your thoughts in and after the dream, your actions in and after the dream, the dream environment, your real life environment, the theme/themes of the dream, character/characters of the dream, connections with your real life, symbols, etc. can help you make better sense of them.

Try to use your Intuition and trust yourself, you are the Dreamer, now go explore your dreams like a Detective/Scientist/Whatever.

Good luck,
-John Jr

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

I have been diving more into my dream and the feelings I had after, and I'm pretty sure C now stands for the helpless people I see each day who I want to educate. They are being "pumped" full of "drugs" (poisoning ideals, laziness, a variety of reasons ) and I want to save them.Of course I miss C too, and that lended itself to the dream.

My question is, do the symbols themselves mean anything? The drugs being injected, the mountains... I remember lots of warm colors in the start, then colder colors as it progressed.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

I have been diving more into my dream and the feelings I had after, and I'm pretty sure C now stands for the helpless people I see each day who I want to educate. They are being "pumped" full of "drugs" (poisoning ideals, laziness, a variety of reasons ) and I want to save them.Of course I miss C too, and that lended itself to the dream.

My question is, do the symbols themselves mean anything? The drugs being injected, the mountains... I remember lots of warm colors in the start, then colder colors as it progressed.

I am going to throw out some wild guesses/opinions/thoughts (but I am terrible at this/trying to interpret dreams, I am usually too literal with my interpretations & I lack imagination
) , but since you asked, I will try though normally I would not do this.

Yes, I think the symbols mean something.

I think your guess on the, pumped full of drugs part, sounds good to me.

I think the mountains represent a safe place/hide away/a saved/created moment in time that could represent a more positive time and/or another chance to somehow help him and/or save part of your friendship (if that made sense
)/a place to keep part of him/your friendship closer/etc.
(I am doing terrible!)

I think that part of you does have hope and found some peace, in the thought of a more positive outcome and improvement in your friendship and/or that part of your life, and maybe part of it was exploring some the possible negative influences that you perceive in his environment.

Okay, that was terrible, I know; but you asked me, so I tried.

I know nothing about interpreting dreams, so all of that is just jibber jabber.

I wish you well in your journey,
-John Jr

new topics

top topics

join