It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny spy planes could mimic birds, insects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Tiny spy planes could mimic birds, insects

news.yahoo.com

You'll never look at hummingbirds the same again.

The Pentagon has poured millions of dollars into the development of tiny drones inspired by biology, each equipped with video and audio equipment that can record sights and sounds.

They could be used to spy, but also to locate people inside earthquake-crumpled buildings and detect hazardous chemical leaks.

The smaller, the better.

Besides the hummingbird, engineers in the growing unmanned aircraft industry are working on drones that look lik
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wwlp.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
HA.. I seriously doubt they will be used for rescue much. This could be the thing to send someone who is paranoid over the edge.
They are trying to to figure out how to implant the devices in the larva during metamorphosis as well....
"Besides the hummingbird, engineers in the growing unmanned aircraft industry are working on drones that look like insects and the helicopter-like maple leaf seed.

Researchers are even exploring ways to implant surveillance and other equipment into an insect as it is undergoing metamorphosis. They want to be able to control the creature."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Already posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oops. well, I did search 1st. All I saw were pages about spy planes.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I used to be involved in some of this R&D. Specifically "Energy Harvesting for Small Air Vehicles" on an SBIR contract funded by the AFRL. Here is a concept video from a coupke years ago. Neat stuff!

edit on 11-26-2012 by Springer because: Broken link removed

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's funny they would let us in on such a "new technology"......Just think why they would tell us about this? I'm sure that they have much better equipment than this and this invention is an old junk one that they threw out for people to see and eventually forget about. Above top secret is the Sh*t

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My computer is Watching me!!!!!Ahhh

top topics

join