It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops talk about stealing man's property over bag of weed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Quit trying to sensationalize this with drama. If you actually read what I typed I said technically, and follwed up with in my entire time in this profession Ihave never seen anyone arrested or charged for that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefHuntingBear

Actually if you read my entire post I said its not with the exception of the State of Illinois. If the information you have is true, and the locals are doing this to you, then contact the local FBI field office and file a civil rights violation complaint.

42 USC 1983 is your basis for a violation. It will be up to the Feds to investigate the actions of the Police and if any civil rights violaions occured.

As far as the snuff film you talk about, if the city polcie wont do anything, or are involved as oyu say, then contact the County Sheriffs Office or the State Police. Worst case scenarion talk to the FBI if no one will listen.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Quit trying to sensationalize this with drama. If you actually read what I typed I said technically, and follwed up with in my entire time in this profession Ihave never seen anyone arrested or charged for that.

You said:

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Actually it means the officer were enforcing the laws of the State that were put into place by the elected representatives, who were elected to office by the people of the state.

So please take your values argument to the people of the State of Michigan and not the police.

Which is why I asked would you have a problem with 90% of the elderly being thrown in prison, because they are technically breaking the law. You say take the argument up with the people of the state, not the Police. So IF all the elderly were arrested (I never said this happens) then people should take up their argument with the people, not the police?

The point I was trying to make, is that blindly enforcing every single law on every little detail is very seldom done. There are many out of date laws, and technicalities that make criminals out of people who shouldn't be. And because of this, police CHOOSE to NOT enforce such laws. Just like with elderly people not keeping their meds in original packaging.

So, if the police choose to not lock up old people with pill dispensers, why can't they choose to not lock up some poor guy with a tiny bag of cannabis? They can, but they don't, so it's police issue, not an issue of the people of the state.

That's just my opinion, it's no more wrong or right than that of anyone else, and I respect your right to disagree with me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

uh, I think we are smart enough to conclude by now that they are like roaches if you see one or two theres a million of them!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You invoked the old person and the plastic container argument. That is what I was responding to. As I said before, I said technically, and followed up with I have never seen it done.

As far as the comment about Cops and marijuana, again the argument is against the wrong group. Law Enforcement has nothing to do with the laws on the books and how they come into existance. As far as the war on drugs and prison overcrowding, take it up with the legislative branch and the judicial system.

Law Enforcement has discretion in what we do, with a few exceptions (for some stupid reason in my state I can stop a car for speeding 40mph over the speed limit, but if they have valid proof of insurance and its not with them, I am forced to write a citation. The PA just requires them to show proof of valid insurance and the citation is dimissed.

Law Enforcement does not lock anyone up. If we make an arrest and book them into jail, its done on a 24/48 hold (depending on state) where we submit our intial reports and recomended charges to the PA. The PA reviews the charges, and will decide if a higher charge is supported, if a lower charge is warranted, or to drop the charges all together.

Our involvement is soley the initial call, the investigation, and the report. After that, its all in the hands of the Judicial.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The director of FBi "Squad Eight" Tom Knear has his agents living in all the apartments surrounding me on the *snip* and collaborates with the Chicago Police "Red Squad" in committing genocidal crimes against me. Knear is a behavioral scientist that speaks to me through an intercom system installed in my ceiling with a technique called "psychic driving". You can see how I am tortured everyday by looking me up the website inTeLiGator.com
My first name is: *snip*
My last name is: *snip*

Mod note: Please refrain from posting your personal information.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Duzey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hybridkate

I'm not understanding your corollary at all here. Are you inferring that because some cops are bad, that all must be assumed to be so and treated as such? Is there a mechanism of reform you feel would rectify the issue and insure that 100% of LEO's were ethically beyond reproach?

I reiterate, the article says that these cops have been charged. That means they are now criminals. They weren't harbored or protected by the system. They are being prosecuted by it.

reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I think you unwittingly trap yourself in a very dangerous area of thought. LEO's are not there to interpret the law. They are enforcement of it. Elected officials make laws, the judiciary interprets and imposes sentence. Cops simply enforce the laws that are on the books.

What makes for bad cops is when they seek to step outside of that boundary and try to interpret the law into their own "image" of it.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
nvm..
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree. There are a few good LEO out there,but...................You are finding more and more stories just like this. The Law and Above the Law is being blurred at an alarming rate.

A police memo from a California city under federal investigation for overzealous motorist prosecution appears to outline a game in which officers competed to write tickets, impound vehicles and arrest drivers.

The memo, from scandal-racked Bell, Calif., is entitled “Bell Police Department Baseball Game,” and assigns “singles,” “doubles,” “triples,” and “home runs” to various violations, The Los Angeles Times reported Monday.

Report: Memo Outlines Police Game for Writing Tickets

* A Miami FL police officer who shot two unarmed men during a traffic stop is now the subject of a lawsuit filed by the passenger who claims there was no reason for the officer to open fire resulting in him suffering permanent injuries from three bullets while the driver was fatally wounded. Police union representatives and official still refuse to say why the officer shot the pair other than to suggest that something made him afraid for his safety.

* An Escambia County FL deputy has been suspended after arrested on allegations that she injured her son when she hit him in the arm with her police-issue retractable metal baton.

* An Orleans Parish LA deputy was arrested on an aggravated assault charge for brandishing her firearm at her own son on a school bus while she was in uniform.

Link

Its kind of hard to justify the Police State,dont you agree?

edit on 1-3-2011 by sonnny1 because: added info

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

Originally posted by PaidDisinfoAgent
Why do cops behave like this?

Simple.

Because they can.

Cops are like anyone else. There are good ones and there are bad bad ones. I know many LEOs and many are honorable and out to serve the public.

On the same note, I know a few that's been investigated and thrown off the force because of their corrupt actions.

Don't let the actions of a couple of officers turn this into a 'cop-bashing' thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I am seeing a trend of prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination within this thread. It is no different than discriminating against any other race, religion, or type. I am not advocating the actions of the cops who have been proven to commit violent or heinous acts. However, to group them all into a negative category is also incorrect. I do not trust every 'average Joe' who I come across that appears to be the same as me, so why should I claim that ALL cops are evil? There really are some who are just good people.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by filosophia

How does it feel to look into the face of future America as the republic dies and Fascism takes its place.

This is the law that LEOs operate under.

public.findlaw.com...

Republics are fascism

2ndline

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Actually,I find this thread insightful. Yes,Officers are supposed to enforce the Law. I totally give those who respect me the same respect,officers included. I dont think its wrong to point out that officers abuse their powers. They should be held accountable,in even a higher degree,because they ARE officers.When those who are supposed to protect and serve,serving themselves first,protecting themselves first,it makes me mad,and rightfully so. Abuse of power,and excuses are not what the public wants to hear.Either serve the people,or find another job. Because,anyone can be a criminal,not everyone can be an officer. This isnt to bash LEO's,but heres a sobering Link to see just how rampant the corruption goes.Its like reading a weekly crime blotter in the newspaper. Be informed I say.

Link

What these officers in the OP's story did was tame,compared to some of the stuff here.Its quite the black eye.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
id bet you a couple of bucks these fellows did the same sort of things before they joined the force,

" bullying / shoplifting "all these things stem from some earlier age in their time ,

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
oh cmon! give the cops involved in this a break!
They are out there risking their lives everyday for you.
So they had a warrant to search this place? a judge, yes a JUDGE decided they had good reason to be there.
They found some dope, maybe not as much as they thought.
What else do you know? Are you privvy to all the facts? How do you know the person/people who lived there aren't assholes that just luckily evaded being caught red handed with a much bigger crime?
So the evidence wasnt there when the cops went in? They ate some food out of the fridge. Big deal.
Do you think they wouldnt still pull you out of a burning car, risking their lives, or pop a cap in some dudes ass thats trying to rape you?
Cmon, dont be so judgemental and give them a break.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am not actually disagreeing with any of that. Personally, I always try to avoid all cops, if I can. That is not my point. I just disagree with any type of discrimination or stereotyping. That is all I was attempting to express.

edit on 3/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

I am aware that my statement may sound contradictory, but I do not take my avoidance as being discriminatory. I do not go out of my way to avoid. I just do not purposely make contact. Basically, I just don't agree with people making statements such as "they are all corrupt", or the other similar statements.
edit on 3/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: preview, not edit. oops.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptilePete
So they had a warrant to search this place? a judge, yes a JUDGE decided they had good reason to be there.
What else do you know? Are you privvy to all the facts? How do you know the person/people who lived there aren't assholes that just luckily evaded being caught red handed with a much bigger crime?
So the evidence wasnt there when the cops went in? They ate some food out of the fridge. Big deal.
Do you think they wouldnt still pull you out of a burning car, risking their lives, or pop a cap in some dudes ass thats trying to rape you?

I think you're forgetting the most important part, they were caught on studio recording talking about stealing band equipment.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Civil Forfeiture laws are against the very fabric of what this Nation and her citizens hold dear.

Anyone who would create, support, or enforce these draconian laws are an enemy of the People of the United States and should be held accountable for their actions.

A citizen with eight grade reading skill can read and understand the fourth and fifth amendments.

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

We as a people have held these beliefs to be true and just. These beliefs are as valid today as they were in 1791.

The Evil that our lawmakers, courts, and police have created in our Nation must come to an end before our society is completely destroyed. These are the TRUE Enemy of the State.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by ReptilePete

I think you're forgetting the most important part, they were caught on studio recording talking about stealing band equipment.

LOL no that doesn't matter, they put their life on the line for "us" so they should be able to do whatever they want. /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

Yes on both counts....the later a result of the privatization of jails and the judge getting kickbacks for sending kids to "juvenile jail" for 2 years (at big expense to the state) when they should have been given probation given their ages (11-14) and lack of previous criminal history. As to the Civil Property Forfeiture Laws...they, too, are perverted by the conflict of interest in the fed govt and local police depts getting to divy up the proceeds. But the intent of the law was to seize property acquired from drug dealing before it could be sold off before the drug dealer is convicted and the property is seized as a result of a court judgment. We have all heard stories of grandma's home being seized b/c her 16 yo grandson who lives with her gets busted for possession in her home. Grandma owned the home free and clear before the kid was born and did not buy it with drug proceeds. Or the guy busted for having a prostitute in his car and his car is seized (without due process btw) as if the car was "guilty" of a crime. Now that we have made the jump from seizure for being purchased by ill gotten gains to seizure because it was "involved in a crime" the door is open for even more draconian property seizures.

The next thing is that property will be seized for mere suspicion of a crime and then you dont even have access to funds to defend yourself.. At some point in the future that could happen to people on certain lists (rural land owners for example that dont want to give up their land). People didnt speak out when they seized drug dealer's or solicitors of prostitutes because they do not represent the mainstream of society...and now it will affect us all (same principle for dui roadblocks and tsa intrusions which will now be merged with random searches in the future).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join