It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi king to buy Facebook to end the revolt: report [edited: humour article]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
edit:

It appears that this article is meant to humour audience only. Originated probably from dawnwires.com, which Tehran Times picked for some reason. dawnwires.com... Thanks to Cheesefacedogbone to point this out.

here's the original post though if someone wants to humour themselves:

www.tehrantimes.com...

Left with no option, Abdullah advised by Goldman Sachs has decided to buy out Facebook and “clean out the weeds”. The offer on the table is $150 billion. Facebook balance sheet was shown to King Abdullah and his kingdom advisors had mentioned that it is not even worth $1 billion given that it generates no profit. But the King threw the report into the dustbin and fired his advisors and decided to hand over the investment banking mandate to Goldman Sachs who put the value at $150 billion. The deal will be all cash.

Most analysts believe that Zuckerberg will not take the offer and will wait for King Abdullah to up the offer to at least $500 billion.

I find this quite amusing.
If the deal was to materialize, I wonder what terms there would be for the old owners. Would they be allowed to start another social networking site elsewhere?

edit on 28-2-2011 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by inthemistandfog

f HIM , what is this?!
what does he mean "BUY FACEBOOK"? THAT S.. OF A B..!!!

edit on 28-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

f,,, HIM , what is this?!

Chillax before you burst a blood vessel

As for the story - it seems a bit silly to me. I can't see there being much credibility to these claims.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For some reason I smell [HOAX].
The Tehran Times isn't exactly a reliable source.

To hear that he fired all his advisors upon getting bad advice seems misleading.

Anywho.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I would suggest taking the money and using an extremely small portion of the cash to create another more better social networking site.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Let him buy it. That won't stop he revolt and it will be a perfect opportunity for someone to start a new social networking site to replace it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sorry I can't buy this story.. For one the plan is seriously flawed.. There would be nothing to stop users of facebook to defect to another social networking site, also the protesters could find many other ways to communicate, they have thousands of other sites.. Social networking sites, forums even places like you tube could be utilised.. In fact the vast space of the whole Internet could be used.
Also Another new social networking site could be formed due to this, by someone with the protesters in mind, designed and used for this purpose.
Anyway, I know Saudi is rich but do they really have 150 billion lying around to buy as stated in the op a non profit making (which I cannot believe either) website.. I think that could potentionaly cause protests and start riots in Saudi.
It would be much easier for them to just block facebook and censor parts of the Internet like china do..
edit on 28/2/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It is a hoax. Here is the source: dawn wires

note the line at the bottom of the article:

Sunday Humor

Follow us on Twitter

Dawnwires.com

(Sunday Humor article at Dawnwires.com are meant to humor our readers. They may or may not be the truth.)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: to make it look right

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
$150,000,000,000 in cash?

Yes, that sounds like something that is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
It is a hoax. Here is the source: dawn wires

note the line at the bottom of the article:

Sunday Humor

Follow us on Twitter

Dawnwires.com

(Sunday Humor article at Dawnwires.com are meant to humor our readers. They may or may not be the truth.)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: to make it look right

If it really does say that on the bottom of the article... I'm very disappointed that the op has posted this..
Either the op knew this already or didn't read the whole article and pick up on it.. Either way there is no excuse for posting it..
Blatent dis info..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Ahh. ..wonder if tehran times knows this too.

I guess this thread can be closed to avoid spreading any misinfo (?). I'll edit the original post

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Buying Facebook will do exactly two things:

1. Move the citizens to another venue.
2. Pump a great wad of cash into an American's pockets.

The leaders are yanking the straws out of the hand at a faster and faster clip every day. At least you can say the old fart is being proactive instead of reactive.

This has got to be one of the most outstanding false flags I've seen in the past 24 hours. I wonder what information the TT has about removing rods from reactors this past week.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It says that on the Dawn Wires web site. That's where the story originated from. The OP's link doesn't say that, because apparently Tehran Times was fooled as well along with a ton of other websites.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
reply to post by Misterlondon

It says that on the Dawn Wires web site. That's where the story originated from. The OP's link doesn't say that, because apparently Tehran Times was fooled as well along with a ton of other websites.

Ah ok.. I understand now.. Sorry op..

Well done for picking up on it.. Star for that..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by leaualorin

f,,, HIM , what is this?!

Chillax before you burst a blood vessel

As for the story - it seems a bit silly to me. I can't see there being much credibility to these claims.

Hahaha they burst all their vessels long ago man.. Looong long ago..

I've never see someone so angry at everything...

new topics

top topics

join