It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America violates our rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
No one "has" to clean any of these people up. The people who do, choose their jobs. They choose their career. Why should they choose their job only to use it as leverage to force others to make their job easier?

I think that's a bit naive really, who the hell would choose to do that job?

A lot of people are not in a position to choose their job, or career, they have to take what they can, for many different reasons. The system we live in is set up purposely to make choices limited, it makes us easier to control without overt force. For example, if there was an abundance of 'jobs', and we could all really choose our professions, we would have power the employers. The employers would have to constantly raise wages, and improve working conditions, because the workers could just go get another job if they were dissatisfied. The 'owners of the means of production' are not going to let that happen, thus we get unemployment. An artificial scarcity of 'jobs' in order to maintain control over labour.

Those that truly get to choose their job are the lucky few, the media helps to makes it appear that we all choose our positions in life.

And as far as having the 'freedom' to choose to move if you don't like the social structure where you are is pure BS.
How many have the financial ability to quit their job and move to another place? Moving to a new place, especially a new country, is VERY difficult, even more so if you don't have much money. I know, I did it twenty five years ago. It's not just financially difficult, but psychologically also.

edit on 2/28/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

No one "has" to clean any of these people up. The people who do, choose their jobs. They choose their career. Why should they choose their job only to use it as leverage to force others to make their job easier?

I think that's a bit naive really, who the hell would choose to do that job?

A lot of people are not in a position to choose their job, or career, they have to take what they can, for many different reasons. The system we live in is set up purposely to make choices limited, it makes us easier to control without overt force. For example, if there was an abundance of 'jobs', and we could all really choose our professions, we would have power the employers. The employers would have to constantly raise wages, and improve working conditions, because the workers could just go get another job if they were dissatisfied. The 'owners of the means of production' are not going to let that happen, thus we get unemployment. An artificial scarcity of 'jobs' in order to maintain control over labour.

Those that truly get to choose their job are the lucky few, the media helps to makes it appear that we all choose our positions in life.

And as far as having the 'freedom' to choose to move if you don't like the social structure where you are is pure BS.
How many have the financial ability to quit their job and move to another place? Moving to a new place, especially a new country, is VERY difficult, even more so if you don't have much money. I know, I did it twenty five years ago. It's not just financially difficult, but psychologically also.

The last part, about not being able to move, is exactly my point. If it was that easy, there wouldn't have been a single Ethiopian die in the 80's from starvation.

However, in your first point, you do realize that EMT's attend quite a bit of schooling, right? The seatbelt laws...they are not that old. Maybe early 90's? Before that, there were still people scraping peoples brains off the pavement. Some folks just aren't bothered by that sort of thing.

The reason you and I are required to wear seatbelts is because the insurance lobby was able to convince the Politico's at that time that we needed to wear seatbelts. It is all about reducing risk for the insurance companies. That is all.

If "they" gave a damn about your health, we would see things like viable cancer treatments being approved, and a cessation of the medical testing that is done on US citizens via mass sprayings.
edit on 28-2-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Fair call
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The last part, about not being able to move, is exactly my point. If it was that easy, there wouldn't have been a single Ethiopian die in the 80's from starvation.

That quote wasn't in reply to your post btw but a previous one, sorry I didn't make that clear.

However, in your first point, you do realize that EMT's attend quite a bit of schooling, right? The seatbelt laws...they are not that old. Maybe early 90's? Before that, there were still people scraping peoples brains off the pavement. Some folks just aren't bothered by that sort of thing.

Well I wasn't really envisioning EMT's when I wrote that, just a metaphor for a crappy job. Replace that with street cleaner, any factory line job, etc.

The reason you and I are required to wear seatbelts is because the insurance lobby was able to convince the Politico's at that time that we needed to wear seatbelts. It is all about reducing risk for the insurance companies. That is all.

If "they" gave a damn about your health, we would see things like viable cancer treatments being approved, and a cessation of the medical testing that is done on US citizens via mass sprayings.

I don't disagree with that. I'm not supporting the OP's points here, just adding my own lol. My post only concerned your claim that people choose their jobs.

I know it's not about concern for peoples health.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
eventually when the NWO takes over,
you will need a license to have a child.
So goes the right to be a mother or father.
China already has this law in place and
are only permitted 1 child per marriage
with a license.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I agree with everything you said, but the format in which you present your opinion could use some work. At the end of the day, this amounts to a rant.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Sir you are wrong the 13th amendment was to free slaves emancipation proclamation.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The reason china has that law is because it is over populated.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4
reply to post by whatukno

Sir you are wrong the 13th amendment was to free slaves emancipation proclamation.

that is exactly correct. The 13th Amendment made the Emancipation Proclamation of a few years earlier an actual law. There WERE some problems still (because of the part where criminals can be forced to work), but you are correct.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 is what ended gun ownership for felons. A full on travesty. I DO support prohibiting gun ownership for people who are under sentence. But once your debt to society is paid, you should be square with the house. Voting rights and gun ownership should be restored.

I keep asking myself, "What part of "inalienable rights" do people not understand?" Good to see you do understand, and are going to keep Wukky on his toes.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Your absolutely right. Our rights as American citizens are slowly being stripped from us as we speak. Of course, us Americans are so brain washed to even understand the big picture here. We all have the right to bear arms. We should all be allowed to carry a gun down the street as long as we don't hurt anybody. I'm 19 years old and i see a big problem with the direction this country is headed. It makes me sick how like nobody care or takes ACTION for what is happening with our rights.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here is something to ponder - would a sovereign king or queen complain about their rights being violated? = Doubtful

if you have to ask how to be free, you are not listening

humans have misused a combination of force and words to oppose natural evolution ~ free ebook ~
www.scribd.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

we are not the retarded ones, well maybe you for claiming to be, no offense, but we elect these officials under the influence that they have our best interests at heart, obviously the majority do not, and i question if our votes are even really counted or considered in who actually gets in there or if they are mearly chosen by the elite and then they say O look who got "voted" in like it was some complete surprise. we need to have it so that those that vote one way stand on one side of some massive clearing of land and those that vote for someone else or something else stand in a different area and they get counted. or some better way of proving that these elections are not rigged, and there should be no difference in how much propaganda one candidate gets compared to another one, they should all be given the same amount of commercial time, and advertisment, that way every candidate gets a fair chance aswell.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join