It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S offer "Any kind of assistance to Libyans"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just caught this on the BBC news:

Hilary Clinton has offered any kind of assistance to the Libyan people in their pursuit to overthrow the current regime.

So I guess we can expect an invasion soon, unless Gadaffi decides to bail out before, but I think he will stay to the end.

Should the west get involved in a civil war?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I think with a few well placed airstrikes and a no-fly zone, the Libyan military would willingly fold up. Once that happened, the mercs would run like rabbits.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The US is just positioning itself for the oil feeding frenzy and to base up next to Egypt. Just in case they get any Ideas on Isreal

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If I was libyan my responce would be "declare no fly zone and keep the CIA and big buisness away"

They're in a tough situation and while american "assistance" will help them win quicker with less casualties it's a false victory.

does anyone know what the libyan rebels want? do they even want the US to help or not?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Yes it would be interesting to see how long the mercenaries hang around, but I'm guessing they will have to minimise collateral damage with their airstrikes.

I think things are going to get a bit messy!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Everthing I've heard from citizens there leads me to believe they are desperate for help. Unarmed people can only withstand so many assaults by helos and snipers.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I've just looked into and it seems they don't want us help, I've started a thread about it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join