It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon's Temple

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Just back from browsing through "The Temple and the Word"....interesting read, thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by WalterRatlos

once you read it in the original hebrew (not the hebew into english back into hebrew, or hebrew into latin back into hebrew) then you can make claims about what it says/means with convincing accuracy i'd be leery, if i was you, believing the translated versions.

That will never happen because I will not learn Hebrew now in my old and retired phase of my life. I am also quite aware of translation problems especially with all the holy ancient scripture. It is worst than than: in short, it's a long chain of translations from original Hebrew to Ancient Greek or Latin then to your language of choice. Also, a lot gets lost in translations and in the old times, when they still copied everything by hand, mistakes might have crept in that went undiscovered. Who knows? *shrug*
I might be tempted to revive my Latin or Ancient Greek and use those as original sources, but in aint gonna happen anytime soon.
Because frankly I just don't care too much about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

here ya go. any word with a number after it, was in the original hebrew. any word without a number, was not in the original hebrew. select the little numbers after the words that do have numbers, to see what the original hebrew was, how many different ways it could be used in a sentence, how to pronounce it (with a sound file too if you want to hear it spoken) and the root word(s) if any
www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To go deeper into the Book of Enoch I wrote another one:

The Book of Enoch and Extraterrestrials

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Years ago i had read that the old aramaic was a dead language, and thats the dialect of one of the thousands of tribes in the middle east.We always gonna be lost in the translation of old books like the bible or coran.We just have and idea of the meaning of those books.I just know what they are NOT .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

here ya go. any word with a number after it, was in the original hebrew. any word without a number, was not in the original hebrew. select the little numbers after the words that do have numbers, to see what the original hebrew was, how many different ways it could be used in a sentence, how to pronounce it (with a sound file too if you want to hear it spoken) and the root word(s) if any

Just want to put a note here about why we need to look deep into Hebrew words. I used the blue letter bible for several years but found a few times when searching deeper into certain Hebrew words that they did not mean what the generalized translation has been.

The most perfect example of this is on the page that one goes to when clicking on the link you gave...we see the word 'created'. When we click on the Hebrew word for created we see the word 'bara'. After researching some on 'bara' I found things like this.....

The word "bara" does not mean, "create" (Hebrew actually has no word that meaning "create" in the sense of something out of nothing) but "to fatten". If we take the literal definition of "bara" in Genesis 1.1 we have - In the beginning God fattened the heavens and the earth. What does this fattening of the heavens and earth mean? This verse is not showing the creation of the heaven and earth, but rather the fattening or filling up of it. Therefore, Genesis 1.1 is a condensed version of the whole creation story.

www.ancient-hebrew.org...

Just wanting to note to not take everything at face value. I find that the 'to fill or fatten' translation of the word 'bara' actually makes alot more sense then 'created' out of nothing. In fact...from what I can gather...Ive yet to find a true word in Hebrew that really means 'created' (made from nothing formerly).

edit on 2-3-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Both Solomon's temple (body) and the Ark (soulual) are analogies for your soul and the path it must traverse to reach "illumination" or contact. I am sure someone else said this. I used to look for physical signs, watched all the documentaries, seen the "evidence"... From the pomegranate seeds to the golden chalace... it's all symbolism.

Ah, clicked a random page and prevenge beat me to the punch. Good to see.

edit on 2-3-2011 by donatellanator because: eeeek

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
Both Solomon's temple (body) and the Ark (soulual) are analogies for your soul and the path it must traverse to reach "illumination" or contact. I am sure someone else said this. I used to look for physical signs, watched all the documentaries, seen the "evidence"... From the pomegranate seeds to the golden chalace... it's all symbolism.

I likes. We could go further to say...take the 'guidelines of life' and place them within you, take the bread of life and place it well within your soul...know that within you, there dwells 'god'.

I do get alot more out of the 'book' when reading it as an analogy.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I do get alot more out of the 'book' when reading it as an analogy.

Any religious text is the same in their own cultural context. One just has to figure out the meaning, and for some parts it's purely personal and what applies to you...and for others it's a well-established ideal (love one another, seek peace, etc).

I have always seen the Bible as full of symbolism, not something to be taken literally. I would never argue with someone over it though, it's their choice.

One thing I will say, if you use your "book" for justification of hatred (any kind) you're on the exact wrong path. It used to anger me, now with time only brings sadness for that person...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
King Solomon's Dedication Prayer after the First Temple was completed. A House of Prayer for all Nations G-D's Divine Presence came down in the form of a cloud as it did when the Tabernacle was dedicated after it was completed during the Exodus. IS NOT a free pass for IDOLS to be placed inside the House of G-D. You shalt have NO gods before the ONE TRUE G-D. After the first Idol was placed inside the Temple. G-D's Divine Presence went out from the Temple. The bad thing that happened to King Solomon, His kingdom was divided into two. Israel in the North, Judea in the South.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

watch this watch this, WATCH THIS!

Google Video Link

alot of the confusion on this topic goes back to the stubborn insistence by skeptics that the vatican interpretation of the biblical text is the ONLY legitimate interpretation. this is because the guys who kick started science and the enlightenment in the first place, were catholic professors who were accustomed to people believing EVERYTHING they said (on pain of death and etc).

we're finally breaking away from the idea that the entire ancient world represents 7000 years of lies, . to me, the skeptic viewpoint of the ancient texts, represents the biggest cover-up in the history of the world. they've created entirely too many strawmen arguments based on what the vatican said, 500 years ago, before the advent of science or archaeology.

just to give you some idea of why that is bad precedent: the vatican took the ancient writings of people from other lands, compiled them into a collection and then proceeded to tell everyone else, what those texts mean. most people had never seen the collection *the bible*, and since it was written in latin, many would not have been able to read it, had they had a copy to read in the first place.

why are ordinarily thorough researchers, willing to just buy, hook line and sinker, what the vatican says about the bible and the rest of the ancient world? who knows. but whatever it is, doesn't sound good.
edit on 3-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey guys you need to go and get a copy of Hirams key and give that a read, Actually read everything from those to authors its truly well written and researched

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by LeoVirgo

watch this watch this, WATCH THIS!

Before I waste 45 minutes of my life, can you explain to how this documentary on supermassive blackholes relates to King Solomon and his Temple?

alot of the confusion on this topic goes back to the stubborn insistence by skeptics that the vatican interpretation of the biblical text is the ONLY legitimate interpretation. this is because the guys who kick started science and the enlightenment in the first place, were catholic professors who were accustomed to people believing EVERYTHING they said (on pain of death and etc).

Ok, no argument there The Orthodox and the Catholic Church are as far away from the teachings of Jesus Christ as you can get. There are however many translations that have nothing to do with the Vatican. The "Elberfelder" Translation into German that the Brotherhood uses, for example, which did not rely on the Septuaginta the Latin translation of all 70 official books of the Holy Bible.

we're finally breaking away from the idea that the entire ancient world represents 7000 years of lies, . to me, the skeptic viewpoint of the ancient texts, represents the biggest cover-up in the history of the world. they've created entirely too many strawmen arguments based on what the vatican said, 500 years ago, before the advent of science or archaeology.

I'd say you are too much hung up on the Vatican and the Catholic church. There are plenty of other denominations out there, you know. And I'd like you to name those "straw-men arguments based on what the Vatican said, 500 years ago", that supposedly the skeptics have fabricated for some nefarious reason. :down:

just to give you some idea of why that is bad precedent: the vatican took the ancient writings of people from other lands, compiled them into a collection and then proceeded to tell everyone else, what those texts mean. most people had never seen the collection *the bible*, and since it was written in latin, many would not have been able to read it, had they had a copy to read in the first place.

Yes, that was back then in the beginning; meanwhile we have progressed much further. We have today many competing translations and as I said there are translation that were made directly from the source languages, i.e. Hebrew, Aramaic and Ancient Greek.

why are ordinarily thorough researchers, willing to just buy, hook line and sinker, what the vatican says about the bible and the rest of the ancient world? who knows. but whatever it is, doesn't sound good.

OK, out with it: what is your beef with the Vatican?
Why blame everything on them?
Do you want to know where Christianity and the Christian faith went wrong?

1. It became a state religion under Emperor Constantine. 2. There was fighting with heresies during the initial phase and one important battle was the fight between those who believed that icons, idols etc. representing Jesus, Mary and the Saints should be in the church and should be worshiped and those who opposed this on the grounds that it breaks one of the ten commandments, namely the one about not making images and idols and not worshiping them. After that it went downhill; the schism came where the Catholic church split from the Orthodox church. Much later came Luther, Calvin etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Nice, but that's really not that interesting for me.
I trust that the Bible I used when I was a born-again Christian is correct. Besides, the whole topic does not interest me that much and, as a retired translator, I can tell you that while such sites are helpful a good knowledge of both source and target language is required to produce a decent translation. Nope, I will not study Hebrew, Aramaic and Ancient Greek to make sure that I can translate - and hence interpret - the Bible perfectly.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

it's a strawman to claim the bible said the earth was created 6000 years ago.
it's a strawman to say that noah's flood was not real because there was no global flood.
it's a strawman to say there was no way all the animals of the planet could fit on the ark.
it's a strawman to say jesus was born on december 25th.
it's a strawman to ignore the reality of things like air flight and space flight, yet claim such things in the bible are fantasies.
it's a strawman to ignore the reality of artificial insemination, cloning, cloaking technology, weapons of mass destruction, extra terrestrial life forms and teleportation and still claim such things in the bible are fantasies.

there are thousands of strawmen arguments, most of them based on things the vatican taught people, from thousands to hundreds of years ago. the reason i'm referring to the vatican is this is the christian organization most frequently referred to when building strawmen to burn in effigy

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

the video supports my theory that there was wormhole technology in ancient sumer and egypt, and that it literally created/harnassed a traversable wormhole. this device and the resultant wormhole were deified. i believe this is because earlier priests were taught how the universe was created, and part of the creation process involved galaxies being created by supermassive black holes. the super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy, the milky way, was deified in ancient texts and it is THAT you see in genesis creating the stars and planets. it doesn't mean there isn't a sentient group of deities behind the process, i was just pointing out that wormholes/black holes, became synonmous in ancient times, with gods because the "gods" came out of them..

i'd explain further but it would seriously take the thread off topic.
edit on 4-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

I think you might be right about that. Its what happens to the soul, not what happens on paper

edit on 4-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Very interesting information!...Thank you very much!..Best wishes!...Oleg.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Excellent video!...Thank you very much!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join