It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Enoch on Extraterrestrials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+94 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Book of Enoch is one of those books that almost made it into the Bible but was then rejected as "apocryphal", even though Enoch and the book itself are mentioned and referred to several times in the Bible. The only people who accept the book as an official part of their holy scriptures are Ethiopian Jews and the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and a few more obscure religious groups around the world. Official sources say the book was written 300 B.C. but since it is ascribed to Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah, some speculate that it was written before the great flood.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4010f28959ec.jpg[/atsimg]

The first part of the book is about "The Watchers", a group of "angel"s sent to earth to watch over humans. 200 of those angels committed transgression by having sex with humans, creating a hybrid race called the Nephilim. Of the Nephilim it is said that they were giants and savages that endagered and pillaged humanity. It is said that the "Watchers" taught humans reading, writing, weaponry, cosmetics, sorcery, about the stars, meteorology, and many other arts and that this was problematic because it robbed humans the opportunity to discover the arts by themselves. They "revealed the eternal secrets which were preserved for heaven, which men were striving to learn.” the book says.

"The Gods" were not pleased about the intervention of "The Watchers" in human affairs. (The same story of interventionists vs. non-interventionists is told in Greek Mythology, Sumerian Mythology as well as various Asian myths about the old days of mankind). Apparently there were also experiments in cross-breeding between animals and humans going on.

"And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood."

[ And then Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel looked down from heaven and saw much blood being shed upon the earth, and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth. … And they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth, and have slept with the women, and have defiled themselves, and revealed to them all kinds of sins. And the women have borne giants, and the whole earth has thereby been filled with blood and unrighteousness.

Disgusted by all this, "the Gods" decided to have a Great Flood to rid the earth of the Nephilim and other ghastly creatures (according to the Book of Enoch. The Bible says that the Nephilim are bound "in the valleys of earth" - beneath the earth?- until Judgement day).

Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spoke, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it. And now instruct him that he may escape and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world."

Another book in which the angels, sent by God, are referred to as "The Watchers" is the pseudepigraphic "Book of Jubilees", the biblical book of Daniel and throughout ancient Jewish legend and folklore. In the Book of Enoch "The Watchers" only became fallen angels after mating with humans and teaching them forbidden and secret knowledge which they, according to Enoch, were not ready for.

In Genesis we read the following about the Nephilim:

When men began to multiply on earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw how beautiful the daughters of man were, and so they took for their wives as many of them as they chose. Then the Lord said: "My spirit shall not remain in man forever, since he is but flesh. His days shall comprise one hundred and twenty years." At that time the Nephilim appeared on earth, after the sons of God had intercourse with the daughters of man, who bore them sons. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown. (Genesis 6:1-4)

The relevance of the first Book of Enoch was recently strengthened when, among the Dead Sea Scrolls the "Book of Giants" was found, dated to 200 B.C. and talking about a time before the great worldwide flood when giants and dragons fought each other. Some of the names mentioned in "The Book of Giants" are also mentioned in the Talmud.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b3a8253cff4.jpg[/atsimg]
The ancient Gods were often depicted as flying chariots and dragons

So in summary a group of angels were sent to earth as watchers. Since they had sex with humans we must assume that they had bodies, that they were present in physical form. Possibly the "higher ups" were non-physical or celestial or ultraterrestrial whereas the "Watchers" were what we would call humanoids, extraterrestrials.A part of those angels became "fallen angels" because they intermixed with humans, intervened in their affairs and taught them things they were supposed to learn by themselves. As a result of the sins a race of savage cannibalistic beasts that ate flesh and drank blood arose and turned paradise into a nightmarish place. Whoever had created earth decided to have it destroyed with a Giant Flood which only a few species should survive. Some beings fled or were locked into the "Underworld" which would either be hell on the astral-planes or dwellings below the surface of the earth or both. Apparently humankind are like children that need to be watched over by "The Watchers" but without too much intervention because it would stifle their maturity. Today, many thousands of years later, the non-intervention policy is apparently still ongoing (this time more successfully) with a few ocassionall interferences happening.

The Book of Enoch answers several mysteries. The age old question "why didnt the Gods leave evidence of their stay" is answered by the very policy of non-interference. The question of why certain knowledge is kept secret is answered by the "so that you can discover it out of your own power". The book also somewhat confirms legends and tales of an advanced people that existed before a great flood that were destroyed because things went bad. Of course, the entire tale is indirectly confirmed by other ancient sources...Sumeran, Chinese and Pre-Columbian to name a few...

This all sounds pretty simple and clear to me

edit on 2-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
did you just read erich von daniken?

it does put many things into perspective. there were quite a few books that didn't make the bible....that would be too much to explain to have a power hold over the people!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This all sounds pretty simple and clear to me

Ditto. Enoch was taken by "angels" into space, shown the rotation of the earth, the orbit of the earth around the sun, the moon, the seasons, how many months in a year, how many days in a year, etc. It's a great read for those that seek to further their bible studies.

For those that are curious, Enoch could've only gotten into space by space-ship, ya dig?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have often thought about this subject...

My conclusion is: Too bad Adam and Eve weren't Chinese.

They would of ate that snake...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its too bad the Biblical scripture became so contaminated over time (re-written, re-interpreted) and all the important books seemed to have been left out. As an above poster said, and I agree, the ability to control would have been limited had we been told the truth. I am not religious but I give biblical scripture the same credence that I give other ancient "myths". I am sure there is some validity in what is being said but it is difficult to interpret something correctly when only given small bits of the entire story.
edit on 2/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Ditto. Enoch was taken by "angels" into space, shown the rotation of the earth, the orbit of the earth around the sun, the moon, the seasons, how many months in a year, how many days in a year, etc. It's a great read for those that seek to further their bible studies.

I remember reading these parts a long time ago. I was looking for them to quote them here but havent found them yet. If ANYONE finds them, please post Enochs descriptions of "up there" in this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

For those that are curious, Enoch could've only gotten into space by space-ship, ya dig?

Or by Angels.
Can't dig, but can read.

SkyFloating: Excellent topic. Homerun. Do you ever hit a foul ball? The Book of Enoch almost seems to have been 'sealed up" until our time. No matter one's personal interpretation, it does seem to be a key that collates much of the intriguing mysteries that have previously only given us tantalizing hints as to our existence.

Looking forward to the commentary here.

Book Of Enoch - Online
edit on 2-3-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Its too bad the Biblical scripture became so contaminated over time (re-written, re-interpreted) and all the important books seemed to have been left out. As an above poster said, and I agree, the ability to control would have been limited had we been told the truth. I am not religious but I give biblical scripture the same credence that I give other ancient "myths". I am sure there is some validity in what is being said but it is difficult to interpret something correctly when only given small bits of the entire story.
edit on 2/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

Yes, its pretty muddled. On the other hand, if we allow for interdisciplinary examination and also allow for many different sources, the whole Saga kind of makes sense.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You cannot understand what your talking about unless you read The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, by John Allegro who reveals how the writers hid stuff in how they used words. So for example, angels (meaning 'messenger' in Greek) are really meaning psychedelic mushrooms and plants which when eat allow acces to other dimensions of experience---yes this can involve fairies, angels, UFOs etc etc

But if you dont understand this you get lost in literalism.
edit on 2-3-2011 by zimishey because: spelling

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zimishey
You cannot understand what your talking about unless you read The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, by John Allegro who reveals how the writers hid stuff in how the used words. So for example, angels are really meaning psychedelic mushrooms and plants which when eat allow acces to other dimensions of experience---yes this can involve fairies, angels, UFOs etc etc

But if you dont understand this you get lost in literalism.

I disagree with the psychedelic interpretation of ancient religious scripture for the simple reason that hallucinogenic experiences are markedly different from and also less linear than the ones described in religions.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
My conclusion is: Too bad Adam and Eve weren't Chinese.
They would of ate that snake...

The 'Serpent' gave us knowledge... the other guy got pissed off because he wanted to keep us ingnorant sheep...

Sound familiar?

So just who was the bad guy? The reptilian or the guy that expects blind worship and absolute obedience?

"the Lord is thy Shepherd... though shall not WANT..." Say MMMAAHHHHHHH

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Dang it
This was on my shelf to do next
I already started digging up the past

www.abovetopsecret.com...
UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608

Nice and timely thread... may save me some work
Never did finish the Untersberg thread yet

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I remember reading these parts a long time ago. I was looking for them to quote them here but havent found them yet. If ANYONE finds them, please post Enochs descriptions of "up there" in this thread.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Many of the chapters before the following are about Enoch describing his journey around the earth, orbiting the earth and seeing the sights. Then it starts to get interesting:

Chapter 43

1 And I saw other lightnings and the stars of heaven, and I saw how He called them all by their 2 names and they hearkened unto Him. And I saw how they are weighed in a righteous balance according to their proportions of light: (I saw) the width of their spaces and the day of their appearing, and how their revolution produces lightning: and (I saw) their revolution according to the 3 number of the angels, and (how) they keep faith with each other. And I asked the angel who went 4 with me who showed me what was hidden: What are these? And he said to me: The Lord of Spirits hath showed thee their parabolic meaning (lit. their parable): these are the names of the holy who dwell on the earth and believe in the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.

Chapter 74

...Thus I saw their position -how the moons rose and the sun set in those days. And if five years are added together the sun has an overplus of thirty days, and all the days which accrue 11 to it for one of those five years, when they are full, amount to 364 days. And the overplus of the sun and of the stars amounts to six days: in 5 years 6 days every year come to 30 days: and the 12 moon falls behind the sun and stars to the number of 30 days. And the sun and the stars bring in all the years exactly, so that they do not advance or delay their position by a single day unto eternity; but complete the years with perfect justice in 364 days. 13 In 3 years there are 1,092 days, and in 5 years 1,820 days, so that in 8 years there are 2,912 days. 14 For the moon alone the days amount in 3 years to 1,062 days, and in 5 years she falls 50 days behind: i.e. to the sum (of 1,770) there is 5 to be added (1,000 and) 62 days. 15 And in 5 years there are 1,770 days, so that for the moon the days 6 in 8 years amount to 21,832 days. 16 For in 8 years she falls behind to the amount of 80 days, all the 17 days she falls behind in 8 years are 80. And the year is accurately completed in conformity with their world-stations and the stations of the sun, which rise from the portals through which it (the sun) rises and sets 30 days.

Chapter 78

And Uriel showed me another law: when light is transferred to the moon, and on which side it is transferred to her by the sun. 11 During all the period during which the moon is growing in her light, she is transferring it to herself when opposite to the sun during fourteen days her light is accomplished in the heaven, 12 and when she is illumined throughout, her light is accomplished full in the heaven. And on the first 13 day she is called the new moon, for on that day the light rises upon her. She becomes full moon exactly on the day when the sun sets in the west, and from the east she rises at night, and the moon shines the whole night through till the sun rises over against her and the moon is seen over against the sun. 14 On the side whence the light of the moon comes forth, there again she wanes till all the light vanishes and all the days of the month are at an end, and her circumference is empty, void of 15 light. And three months she makes of thirty days, and at her time she makes three months of twenty- nine days each, in which she accomplishes her waning in the first period of time, and in the first 16 portal for one hundred and seventy-seven days. And in the time of her going out she appears for three months (of) thirty days each, and for three months she appears (of) twenty-nine each. At night she appears like a man for twenty days each time, and by day she appears like the heaven, and there is nothing else in her save her light.

That's just a few snippets from the good book of Enoch. It is a great read, very scientific, especially for those days.

I would like to point out one interesting tidbit:

And I saw other lightnings and the stars of heaven, and I saw how He called them all by their names and they hearkened unto Him.

The stars have names! The visitors, our creators, have names for the stars. Of course, any intelligent civilization would have names for major stars or star systems, or even star systems they, themselves, have visited.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Another great read sky

I have a few issues with Book of Enoch, the main being that it was not written when it was said it was written, it references Old and New testament in it, as well as hostorical and geographical references which were not around when Enoch supposedly was, therefore it must have been written well and truly closer to 2000 years ago.
As an example;
LAND of DAN is referenced at least 1600 years before there was any land of Dan or the nation of Israel ever came into existence, if we are to say the book is "pre flood"
The Book of Enoch is claimed to be the oldest book in the world, yet it is written in a language that fits into possibly 100AD. Hebrew is not a ancient language that would correlate to the claims of when the book was written.

That said, I believe most stories have some grain of historical truth to them. However, there is no geographical evidence for a global flood, which it would quite simply be avalable to us. We can trace back rain fall millions of years by certain methods, so a giant flood would leave behind a defninte imprint.

As for the giants....we have remains going back millions of years of ago or fauna and skeletal remains, where is this giant?
edit on 2-3-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I`m not sure if this is what you`re looking for :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I have a few issues with Book of Enoch, the main being that it was not written when it was said it was written

I haven't read the entire book, nor do I claim to be knowledgeable of your claims, but to put the Book of Enoch into a little more context, here's this:

Enoch lived 365 years, was the son of Jared, father of Methuselah, grandfather of Lamech and great-grandfather of Noah. His full genealogy can be found in the fifth chapter of Genesis.

And:

Enoch, the son of Jared, is mentioned several times in the Bible at Genesis 5:18-24, Hebrews 11:5, and Jude 1:14-15. The Verse in Jude directly quotes The Book of Enoch. The Book of Enoch was considered canon and exact by the early Christians. Early church authorities such as Justin Martyr, Augustine, Irenaeus, Origin, and Clement of Alexandria all made use of The Book Of Enoch and considered it genuine. Tertullian considered it scripture, calling The Book of Enoch "Holy Scripture". It was also added to the official canon of the Ethiopic Church. The Book of Enoch was widely read and used during the first three centuries after the death of Christ. The Council of Laodicia, 381 AD, discredited The Book of Enoch and banned it. It gradually disappeared, but in 1773 James Bruce, a famous explorer, returned from Abyssinia with three Ethiopic copies of the text. In time, several sections of the Greek version were found. Seven fragments of The Book of Enoch in the Aramaic text were discovered in Cave 4 of the Dead Sea Scrolls. The original Book of Enoch was composed in Hebrew. The Book of Enoch can be divided into five parts: The Book of Watchers, The Book of the Similitudes, The Book of Astronomical Writings, The Book of Dream Visions, and The Book of the Epistle of Enoch.

All very interesting!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

That backs up what I am saying, the Book of ENoch was written originally in Hebrew, (not a ancient language nor the languge it would have been written in for Enoch) and only about 2000 years ago, thats not to say it wasn't documenting a "old clan tale" But it is written not in Enoichs time, far from it, so whatever the story is documenting it is in a vastly corrupted form from the original 'tale' being documented thousands of years after the supposed event.
edit on 2-3-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Of course, zazzafrazz, the preponderant scholarly weight dates the Book of Enoch as you mentioned. There are some dissenting opinions/hypotheses.

Traditionally, the Book of Enoch was dated to the second century B.C.E. during the Maccabees times. According to some scholars,[3][4] however, the five distinct sections of the Book of Enoch were originally independent works, themselves a product of much editorial arrangement, and were only later redacted into what we now call 1 Enoch.

1 Enoch 6–11, part of the Book of Watchers, is thought to have been the original core of that Book, around which the remainder was later added, albeit this view is opposed by those scholars who maintain the literary integrity of the Book of Enoch...
www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

It might be interesting to note that St Augustine (AD 354-430) claimed that on account of it being too old the Book of Enoch could not be included in the Canon of Scripture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join