It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll finds huge support for far right 'if they gave up violence' UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Level of far-right support could outstrip that in France or Holland, says poll for Searchlight

Huge numbers of Britons would support an anti-immigration English nationalist party if it was not associated with violence and fascist imagery, according to the largest survey into identity and extremism conducted in the UK.

A Populus poll found that 48% of the population would consider supporting a new anti-immigration party committed to challenging Islamist extremism, and would support policies to make it statutory for all public buildings to fly the flag of St George or the union flag.

(This part is very interesting)

According to the survey, 39% of Asian Britons, 34% of white Britons and 21% of black Britons wanted all immigration into the UK to be stopped permanently.

(Even Asian Britons agree that immigration needs to be stopped)

63% of white Britons and 17% of black Britons agreed with the statement that "immigration into Britain has been a bad thing for the country.

Just over half of respondents – 52% – agreed with the proposition that "Muslims create problems in the UK".

--

www.guardian.co.uk...

Yet again more evidence to back up my opinion that we need to sort out our own problems before opening the floodgates to immigrants.

Stop immigration now.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Flag and Stars but no comments?

This is kinda big news for the Social Issues in the UK

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Now if we could only get such a movement here in the US. Wait, we already do but owebowma keeps suing them when the laws get passed in their states.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
And this is a surprise how. If you have a brain cell and listen to what people are saying and doing, many in this country question why are are continue to allow more people in.

It's just the our Government and leaders do not want to listen to the people but it is not what they want to hear, because its goes against the last 40 years of the left wing agenda, that we should all live together and be one happy global family.

And just wait for the supposed left majority to jump in, insult and condem you, but they is what happens on ATS when people do not bother to think and just do not like what you say.

S & F

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And of course searchlight and the uaf will need more funds to combat these horrible fascist ideas.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Agreed.

This country is too small, and it's too much too fast. The jobs are all gone, the opportunities all taken and immigrants are fast tracked into these opportunities leaving British born British people with nothing left.

I'm certainly not racist I like all people dependant on their character, if you're a good person I will like you no matter what. However something is going to go seriously wrong for the younger generation if something isn't done fast.

I don't like the idea of being forced to wave flags, sounds like Nazism to me. There does need to be a new party though, a party which actually lives in the real world and understand real problems.
edit on 27-2-2011 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Thanks for sharing this Haydn_17

I agree that wholesale immigration needs to be stopped.

However, I don't believe that immigration should be stopped in its entirety - we need controlled entry into the country and assurance that only those who offer the UK some benefit (whether skills or financial etc) be allowed to remain.

That said, I think as a country we also need to step back and acknowledge that our problems do not begin and end with immigration. There are internal "issues" posing an equally serious threat to our resources and way of life that also need to be addressed.

To be honest, this topic makes me somewhat tentative. In my opinion, it presents a balance that's so easily tipped into something unpalatable - both ways. I am a UK citizen only because of immigration (grandchild of a post-WW2 Polish refugee) and rightly or wrongly, the echoes of Nazi Germany remain a faint ringing in my ears.

Just my 2p

edit on 27/2/11 by lizziejayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne
reply to post by Haydn_17

However, I don't believe that immigration should be stopped in its entirety - we need controlled entry into the country and assurance that only those who offer the UK some benefit (whether skills or financial etc) be allowed to remain.

I think this is a common mistake. Immigrants are imported to fill in "skill gaps" when the younger generations leave school the opportunities for apprenticeships are gone, there's no need to train the young British people because the skill gap has been filled from overseas, and we're left with nothing.

I wish more people could see this, unfortunately only those whom it's affected understand.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is a complex issue both inthe long and short term.
My biggest concern with this in the short term is that if a party like this ever took power once they closed the borders, that they would then procede took kick out foreigner citizens or those with tracably foreign ancestory.

In the long term, theres the fact that our population is declining and we won't have enough people to look after our elderly in 20/30 years unless we bring in imagrents.

This is a major issue and I'm begining to suspect that the government is intentionally winding us up with this.

To be honest though I think we've got two bigger issues than this in this country, the first is "politically correct" and the other is "health and safety"
edit on 27-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I don't know about the UK, but it would be much less an issue here if we stopped murdering our preborn children.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Thanks for sharing this.

I wasn't aware that this was a massive issue - or indeed, an issue at all. Could you provide examples?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I don't know about the UK, but it would be much less an issue here if we stopped murdering our preborn children.

Abortion should not come into a thread like this. It's a complicated issue, one I have no side on. Some people are unfit to be parents for many reasons (age, financial situation etc).

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
[nevermind, I spoke too soon, sorry]
edit on 2/27/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this.

I wasn't aware that this was a massive issue - or indeed, an issue at all. Could you provide examples?

Well I have my own story and those of friends and also ones I've seen posted on here. I'm 23, and although I'm not stupid, work hard, try my best, am presentable I've found it almost impossible to get anywhere in life after education.

I work two jobs, neither of which offer me a real career chance, I work at Domino's Pizza, and I'm also a retained firefighter (budget cuts are in place and wholetime firefighters are no longer being recruited). I worked hard to get these two "jobs". The opportunities just aren't there for me to get any kind of career.

A lot of my friends have just left uni and find themselves working at McDonalds as foreign workers are imported to fill they jobs they've studied for, many of them medical professions amongst others.

Schemes such as apprenticeships are few and far between because it's simply easier to get someone with 10 years experience in a different country to jump right into the job at the deep end.

It's simply cheaper to import than to train the young generations, and the simple fact is that the young generations simply go without.

I have an experiment for you to conduct.
Take Northampton Town in England, take the population census here There are 211,000 kids ages from 0-24 in Northamptonshire, of which 84,000 are in the age looking for apprenticeships (15-24).

Go to the government apprenticeship scheme website here and search for all available vacancies in Northamptonshire. I see 11. I also searched the job centre plus, and found one more there.

That's 12 places in the last 3 months, for 84,000 kids. 84000/12 = 7000. That's 7000 kids for each vacancy.

You see the problem?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Cheers for sharing GodForbid

A lot of my friends have just left uni and find themselves working at McDonalds as foreign workers are imported to fill they jobs they've studied for, many of them medical professions amongst others.

I know that jobs in the Medical Sector are notoriously difficult to attain and that these are somewhat a "hot spot" for immigration-to-order, as it were. However, this isn't a recent thing - it was happening as I left Uni and happened to my parents before that. And at both times, immigration wasn't the "issue" it is now.

Schemes such as apprenticeships are few and far between because it's simply easier to get someone with 10 years experience in a different country to jump right into the job at the deep end.

The lack of apprenticeships can be directly placed at the door of the Government (the Conservatives under John Major I believe), who significantly reduced the number available. However, this reduction wasn't in any way linked to immigration.

I suppose what I'm saying is that as an impartial observer I still don't believe these issues are necessarily linked to immigration in a widespread, deep-seated way. However, I am willing to learn more if you're willing to share

I acknowledge that we've had days where jobs were there for the taking. But even then, they were only certain types of jobs. I remember looking for a job until I decided on my next steps (I was a degree educated and experienced Research Psychologist). I ended up soldering in a Sony factory because that's all they had for me. Nothing to do with immigration - I just didn't have the required skills or experiences for what else they had. Not the job of my choice, but it was a way to get by until I planned my next move. Much like you're doing now.

Please don't think I'm trying to take anything away from your experiences - obviously, I'm not in your shoes and having to fight the battles you're facing. I wish you luck in your endeavors and in getting the job you want

Edit to add: I totally agree that we need more apprenticeships in the country.
edit on 27/2/11 by lizziejayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

Thanks, and I understand your points. Immigration is not the only cause of the problem, but it is part of it. Do you see no correlation between 3 million immigrants in the last 13 years the biggest population growth since saxon times and 20% of 16-24 year olds unable to find work?

Does it make no sense that skilled workers filling positions has a lot to do with the problem? Not all of the problem, but come on.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I will be open to the fact it may be part of the problem.

However, playing devil's advocate:

1. How many people do you know who are unemployed not because they can't get the job they want, but because they can't get any job at all? Just asking because I live in what would be considered a lower-class district, with a high level of unemployment. I do not know a single person who wants to work who is unemployed - those people are doing all manner of jobs in order to bring in a wage. The people I do know who are unemployed, either are such only until they get any job they can get their hands on or actually have no intention of working in the first place.

N.B. I acknowledge that may just be my experience - so I'm very open to being told that this doesn't apply outside my community.

2. What do Government statistics tell us? They tell us how many people are claiming Employment Support Allowance. This doesn't necessarily equate with how many people are genuinely seeking work. Not "actively" seeking work (as there are certain "hoops" one needs to jump through in order to remain on benefit) - but actually and genuinely seeking employment. Therefore, does the 947,000 claiming unemployment benefit automatically equate to:

about 947,000 unable to find work

By no means am I saying I'm correct, but this is what my current understanding leads me to believe. I am open to expanding my knowledge and learning more

edit on 27/2/11 by lizziejayne because: clarification

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It certainly is a complex issue, and it needs to be solved in the short term as too many governments have failed to solve this issue in the long term.

And what would be so bad if our borders were more secure and we stopped all immigration? Of course, if there is a skill shortage we need to look around the world to get the right skills, but I do not see we need that many skills in this country that we do not already.

So why not elect a party that wants to shut our borders and looking at the quoted survey, a cross section of the British party are in favour so I do not see that a party that wants to close and secure our borders will just as quick starting kicking out foreigners. I expect our border agency to be ruthless in search out those not entitled to be in this country and kick them out.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I will be open to the fact it may be part of the problem.

However, playing devil's advocate:

1. How many people do you know who are unemployed not because they can't get the job they want, but because they can't get any job at all? Just asking because I live in what would be considered a lower-class district, with a high level of unemployment. I do not know a single person who wants to work who is unemployed - those people are doing all manner of jobs in order to bring in a wage. The people I do know who are unemployed, either are such only until they get any job they can get their hands on or actually have no intention of working in the first place.

Actually for me where I live it is the opposite. It's literally and I'm not exaggerating 50% of my friends / family who're desperate to work and will work anywhere any hours any pay, but find themselves unable to.

It's a vicious cycle because the longer you go without a job, the less appealing it is to take you on..

2. What do Government statistics tell us? They tell us how many people are claiming Employment Support Allowance. This doesn't necessarily equate with how many people are genuinely seeking work. Not "actively" seeking work (as there are certain "hoops" one needs to jump through in order to remain on benefit) - but actually and genuinely seeking employment. Therefore, does the 947,000 claiming unemployment benefit automatically equate to:

about 947,000 unable to find work

No of course not and you're right. I do know one person who just dislikes working, and in the definition of a benefit fraudster, however if he did, I am 100% certain he would now find it impossible to get one anyway without a lot of luck as he's been unemployed for so long. A big percentage of that 947,000 though do want to work but are unable to. There will always be people scamming the system but not only should they be allowed to steal our taxes but using them as examples of pretending that the problem isn't as big as it is just causes further difficulties for those who are trying to find a job because people say "Well I bet most of those on benefits don't even want to work and therefore it's not a huge problem" Maybe it wasn't 10 years ago, but it is now, it's ruined my life. I have potential. but the potential isn't there for me to use it.

By no means am I saying I'm correct, but this is what my current understanding leads me to believe. I am open to expanding my knowledge and learning more

edit on 27/2/11 by lizziejayne because: clarification

Well we do agree that there aren't enough opportunities for young people regardless of the reasons for that, we agree change is needed and that's important.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Also, I just want to say:

Ask anyone who works in a warehouse who the majority are there, they are always filled with eastern Europeans, they've taken nearly the whole warehousing sector.

Ask farmers, factory workers, manufacturers etc which nationality of work people are prominent in those sectors.

Would the unemployment be so high if the immigrants were not here? The jobs would still need filling, only there would be less people going for them and more available to the actual English people.

As said I have no problem with the immigrants themselves, who are mostly nice people from my experience, but there's gotta be recognition of the problems such large scale immigration has caused for young people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join