It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll finds huge support for far right 'if they gave up violence' UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Actually for me where I live it is the opposite. It's literally and I'm not exaggerating 50% of my friends / family who're desperate to work and will work anywhere any hours any pay, but find themselves unable to.

Cheers for clarifying. I was open to the possibility that my experience could be locality-dependent and now I know this is the case

Well we do agree that there aren't enough opportunities for young people regardless of the reasons for that, we agree change is needed and that's important.

Definitely. We need more apprenticeships, vocational and skills-based opportunities. One of the biggest mistakes our government ever made IMO was pulling most of the in-role opportunities for up-skilling and pushing everything towards an university-based education.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne
Definitely. We need more apprenticeships, vocational and skills-based opportunities. One of the biggest mistakes our government ever made IMO was pulling most of the in-role opportunities for up-skilling and pushing everything towards an university-based education.

Yeah I have to agree.

So if for you immigration is not a cause of the problem, what is your opinion? And what are your suggestions concerning how to fix the problem?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ask anyone who works in a warehouse who the majority are there, they are always filled with eastern Europeans, they've taken nearly the whole warehousing sector.

Ask farmers, factory workers, manufacturers etc which nationality of work people are prominent in those sectors.

I'd say this summary would be area dependent. The employees of factories, warehouses, manufacturers in my locality are British - there are very few immigrants.

Just my 2p

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

Well yes, I assume you're correct however that doesn't change the fact that it is a reality in many parts of the UK, a quick news search confirms it. It's widespread and certainly true in my areas.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Honestly, I have no solutions... and that's because I don't think I (or anyone else) has rooted out what the true problem is.

From your experiences, you believe that immigration is a causal issue. From my experiences, I don't believe immigration is a key causal issue, as I have not witnessed it but have seen individuals choosing not to work because the job "isn't good enough for them".

The fact that you and I (two intelligent and reasoned people, if you don't mind me grouping myself with you) from the same country can have vastly different experiences and therefore be at odds as to what the key issue is, perhaps lends itself to the fact that many issues may be at play - possibly including ALL the issues we've already discussed.

As a nation, I've seen us assume that we know what a causal issue is and jump whole heartedly into grand and expensive "fixes". However, because they're not addressing the "true" causality, these are mere fixing plasters - temporary and ineffective.

Personally, I would be tentative on applying any solution until the true causal issue (or indeed issues) are identified. I don't claim to be the owner of that knowledge, although I believe it's there for someone who has access to all the relevant information.

Hope this doesn't sound like a wooly answer GodForbid. I've enjoyed our exchanges this afternoon

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

Yes I've enjoyed it too, and actually it's very useful to hear the opposite point of view sometimes.

I agree with your answer that there are many problems requiring many fixes. I wish the government would spend the money they spend daily on war on fixing these social issues, but that's for another discussion

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think that once a country, any country, is actually bankrupt, those not born in that country will leave, those people who are born in the bankrupt country will get really upset when state benefits keep being cut, so the foreigners with sense will leave.
Looking at Britain's imports of food, 40 million tons per year ( it was 30 million tons a year 1n 1939) I think Britain going really Bankrupt is not all that far away.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

''According to the survey, 39% of Asian Britons, 34% of white Britons and 21% of black Britons wanted all immigration into the UK to be stopped permanently.

(Even Asian Britons agree that immigration needs to be stopped)
''

I think you mean 'Even white British agree that immigration needs to be stopped' ; let's not pretend that Asians are the proudest immigrants, although we do all appear to share the same hypocrisy.

This far right propaganda is nothing but muck spreading for repression of a more preferable saying.

''just over half of respondents – 52% – agreed with the proposition that "Muslims create problems in the UK". ''

So the 48% agreed that no muslim has ever created a single problem, at any given time, for, or whilst residing in the UK?

Can you appreciate that there is little disernable information that can drawn from this 'Populus poll' ?

There are actually very few things that the British should be proud of concerning global affairs, one of the few is that people actually want to limmagrate here at all.

I'm white and I'm British. So what?

edit on 27-2-2011 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

Not sure what your trying to get at.

Asian Britons are just that, they are classed as Asian Britain, there not White British because there not White LOL! Simple as that!

We live in a Democracy, 52% Beleive Muslims cause trouble, usually that means it wins the vote.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Concerns about immigration have nothing to do with racism, as this survey shows many people of other ethnic backgrounds are worried.

We do no have the infrastructer for more and more people living here, we have a housing shortage, the NHS is stretched to its limit etc., etc.

Wages have been kept low because of cheap labour from abroad, and the many who work cash in hand.

There is a small number of Muslims who who have been very vocal re their rights, their dislike of Western culture. Take Anjem Choudary we and his followers are very vocal about the Britain they would like to see..not one that many of us would recognise...

I would hate to see a right wing government or MP's but our main party's have to listen to the majority else it is a path Britain will go down.

I am not a racist I am at the moment fighting for a young Afghanistani who has lived here for almost six years from the age of 12, but that's another story.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is quite scary.... since the UK is already a police state, a far right government added to that would mean even a worse police state... would be very very very bad.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join