It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Had An Alien Encounter - Would You Report It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let's say you had a close encounter - not just a fuzzy light in the sky - but a close encounter of the 3rd kind. Aliens and the whole bit. Would you report it to the authorities? Would you tell others?

With all the doubt pointed towards the Government about them keeping their alleged knowledge on the subject a secret, would this make you hesitate telling them about it?

What about friends, or people in general? Would you accept the risk of being ridiculed?

Personally, I'd probably tell my family and closest friends about it. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I'd keep it to myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i would probably depend on how the encounter goes and what i learn from it.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i wouldnot report it because i would know it happend and that all that matters

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
No.

If the government knows I know, I may be in for some trouble.

So, I'd just slam my heel into the buggers face, throw the body in the middle of a shopping mall, leave, and just continue on with life.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No. I'd think I was loosing my mind. Also, who'd believe a story like that? I don't think I would.

If I told a shrink, he'd put me on medication...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
that depends on the nature of the encounter, and the information gathered from it.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
heck NO....NO REPORTING IT!
(there are laws against fraternising with UFO creatures and you'd probebly get a huge fine...or JAIL time)

I would tell my close friends...and the ATS board of course. I would write it down in my journel while fresh.......

no reporting...
NO FLIPPEN WAY!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't report it and I think the same goes for most folk. Taking that into consideration I guess there has to be a huge number of unreported incidents...

[edit on 18-7-2004 by John Doe]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I was going to report an encounter with an alien once, but after he showed me his green card, I didn't see the point.

The reason so many people will tend to answer "no" to this question lies with the fact that most governments, especially those of the United States, are openly hostile to anyone reporting a "close encounter" at all levels of jurisdiction, from the desk sergeant of the local police department to the FBI. They simply don't want to hear it.

In fact, they may even arrest you for filing a false police report or some such nonsense, even if you were to drag one of the little gray rascals in with you.

Part of this has to do with having heard it all before, and part of it has to do with the nature of actual encounters.

Some things are better left unsaid.

JAK

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am with TheRiverGoddess on this one.

I think you would have a duty to tell people, but I would be so tentative. The only people I would probably be comfortable with telling initially would be a couple of chosen friends and honestly, the members of ATS because of the combination of community spirit and support it can offer, yet still with an aspect of detached anonymity.

I don't believe I would choose to tell my family, at least not at first. I would be afraid of causing any undue concern, either over the state of my mental health or the situation itself.

Jack

[edit on 18/7/04 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why would I want to tell where I got the science info on the new type of power and engian Im building?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good question Durden

If it happened to me and it was a nice friendly alien it would be good. would tell people close to me etc as there would be nothing to worry about.

however, if it was a nasty alien and the alien said..our race are going to come and take over and wipe you all out. then in my opinion i would tell some1 .e.g police or something..about it..as i would want to be prepared for a war or something. but i think i would probally be riducled for saying such a thing

rynaldo

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would probably report it here before I told anyone else, because most people here believe in UFO's and Aliens, and probably wouldn't think I'm a loony. Where as, if I told somebody, like the police, or my friends, they would probably think I was loony.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Whats the point? No one is going to believe you. If you seen god people would say you was crazy. I would keep it to myself. You cant trust people who think your crazy. Ano body can trust someone they think is crazy.

In watching a couple of newer movies. Seeing a diffrent perspective on mental illness, Whos to say these people are crazy? Maybe they are seeing something we are not. should the be put in a nut house and medicated till they cant even think? The unexplainable strikes fear in humans. Or even better the unknown, You are always more scared when you are running away, and dont know whats behind you.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hell ya, I'd tell everyone I knew! My friends and family know me and know I don't make up things like that, ever. If I told them that I had a personal encounter, they would believe me. And I don't have friends and family that believe in that kind of stuff either, but they believe in me. And if they didn't, well, then that is thier choice. I just could never keep that kind of stuff to myself and don't know how anyone who had a real encounter, close up and personal, could either. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Let's say you had a close encounter - not just a fuzzy light in the sky - but a close encounter of the 3rd kind. Aliens and the whole bit. Would you report it to the authorities? Would you tell others?

Not likely. As with most people, the possibilty or ridicule etc would be likely. Plus I would have to factor in the effects on my family as well. My son is only 2 right now but can you imagine the effect on him if he was a teen? He would be also a target for ridicule (ie your dad is kook etc)

There also would be the paranioa angle as well. If I had an encounter, I would fear the government grabbing me to pick my brain etc. Better to keep it to yourself unless you had un-impeachable proof.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Definitely not, as most or all have said. I might tell some people close to me, maybe not. I don't plan on it ever happening, but if it did, I'd just be labelled as crazy like everyone else. Well, crazy in a bad way, not how people think I am now

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would probaly post it on here and tell friends that I could trust. My guess is that most would think that someone who claims to have encountered an alien is out of their mind. I would not inform the government or whoever would take care of that unless the alien instructed me to.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by jrod]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Depending on the experience I had, I would write down exactly what happened and send it anonymously to who ever I thought would benefit from the report. It could cause you too much trouble, and ridicule.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have seen a UFO and no I would not report it, why bother our gov. denies they exist; the general pop. ridicule you and no one takes it seriously. I know lots of other people who have seen them also and no one has ever reported them, why bother our gov. knows they are there? They have to show up on radar. It does not matter how many times we see them, record them, take picture, video, the general population is going to believe the government who still denies they exist. So until the gov. admits they exist this redneck out in the boonies ain't reporting nothing. LOL We hillbilly rednecks got a bad enough reputation as it is, they would just say we were making moonshine and drinking too much of the product which is why we are poor rednecks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join