It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google- the info junkie!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
so, I go to sign into my email like I do every morning and get this.

"Verify your account
We've detected unusual activity on your account. To immediately restore access to your account, type your phone number below."

FIRST off, I registered another email with them in case I forget my password or blah blah because I didn't want to give them my phone number.

So where is THAT option? NOWHERE.

It seems my backup email address was pointless and now they just really want my phone number. What do I do guys? seems like google isn't going to rest until It knows everything about me...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
if you can find a phonebox give them its number.

either that or mess with their heads and give them one of their own numbers

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

You would have provided a mobile number in order to verify your account in the first instance.

Can you remember when you registered they requested the number and sent an automated text advising you that your account has now been verified. Why they have flagged yoour e-mail account for unusual activity would be more of a worry.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hmmmm

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
doublepost!

edit on 26-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

You would have provided a mobile number in order to verify your account in the first instance.

Can you remember when you registered they requested the number and sent an automated text advising you that your account has now been verified. Why they have flagged yoour e-mail account for unusual activity would be more of a worry.

No I never had to verify with a phone number, That happened after I made my gmail account I guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I always give a false number, like type in your current number and change the last couple of digits or the phonebox idea is a gooden too

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
I always give a false number, like type in your current number and change the last couple of digits or the phonebox idea is a gooden too

I would gladly do that, except they are saying they will call or text me with my new password....? why do I have a new password... and why does it need to me text'd or called to me....?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This just happened to me too. My email went down around 8:30 last night.

I never have given Google my cell phone #. They want my cell phone # to send a verification text so I can enter my account and set up a new password.

This is very suspicious. I could have entered in any cell phone # there. After it happened I came to ATS to see if this was happening to anyone else and here it is the first thread I see.

I have a really bad feeling about this.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Be very afraid of Google.
If you use Firefox, try the plugin called Ghostery.
Go to www.ghostery.com to find out more.
Install the plugin and then watch the small purple bubble pop up when you surf. Most of the sites I see have pointers to google. Google adsense, Google analytics and others.
Try it by going to www.abovetopsecret.com. They are tracking you. Ghostery will block them.

snrRog

I wish I knew how to insert an image directly from my desktop, but it doesn't appear possible.

Think about it, if they have enough money to take pictures of every square foot of the planet, AND, drive on the streets and make videos of that, they simply have TOO MUCH MONEY!
edit on 2/26/2011 by snrRog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by denaliland
This just happened to me too. My email went down around 8:30 last night.

I never have given Google my cell phone #. They want my cell phone # to send a verification text so I can enter my account and set up a new password.

This is very suspicious. I could have entered in any cell phone # there. After it happened I came to ATS to see if this was happening to anyone else and here it is the first thread I see.

I have a really bad feeling about this.

well, were in the same boat I see, My other gmail account is still active. i sent them an email requesting my account be reactivated without giving them my cell number. waiting for a response now.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snrRog

lol the worst part might be that I use google chrome! ha! I guess im f'd already eh..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yup...this is insane. I feel violated.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yup...this is insane. I feel violated.

ok so i received an email back,
"Because we detected unusual activity on your account, we've disabled the
account for your protection. We want to protect your privacy and make sure
that only you have access to your account.

To recover access to this account, please fill out this form:............."

I have to fill out this form to get my email reactivated. no personal info required.
except this at the bottom.

"Please note that we need your IP address in order to resolve this issue. Your IP address will be captured automatically when you submit this form. "

In small print i might add lol.
edit on 26-2-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: ugh

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I just went threw some strange stuff with my gmail and google ... At one point it was impossible to use my google tool bar and search functions like my home page ..Explorer has a compatibility function that seemed to be interfering with my pc ...The only thing I could figure to do was check out ats ...I put google toolbar into the search and explorer came up unable to display this page ......I clicked on a google ad for cel phone apps and managed to navigate threw the privacy policy to google home where I downloaded chrome,and FireFox, I still cant access google threw internet explorer but am able to get to my mail threw chrome ....strange ....peace

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
WOOT got my account back without giving them my cellphone# - suck it google!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So I just got into my gmail account and there were many messages that were attempted sent last night at 8:30. Looks like we got hacked?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Great video, I would have saved it to my videos but youtube has locked me out of my account because I don't have Gmail. I'm still figuring out what to do about all that.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So I just got into my gmail account and there were many messages that were attempted sent last night at 8:30. Looks like we got hacked?

If you can log on and wish to salvage your account, you can change our password and security question. Also delete all suspect SENT mail. Worked for someone I know, that solved it. Just my .02¢

top topics

join