It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbis vs. Glenn Beck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Rabbis vs. Glenn Beck

news.yahoo.com

A group of 400 prominent Rabbis have called on Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch to bar Glenn Beck from making references to Nazis and the Holocaust on Beck's nightly show. In a full-page ad published in the Wall Street Journal, another Murdoch property, the clergymen ask that Beck be "sanctioned" for making "literally hundreds of on-air references to the Holocaust and Nazis."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, it appears even Glenn Beck can be smacked down by tptb - even if he is one of them, and he most certainly is. But, his mouth ran afoul of the Jewish lobby. He should have known better since they are basically his bosses (hello Rupert Murdoch). What is crazy is that Beck says this was the worst analogy he's ever made.

Now that's crazy.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
jews always gotta be complaining about something. (no i am not racist, but its a common thing to see in the news)

if he is not making fun of jews for being killed in the holocaust, then he should be able to make all the references and analogies about nazis and the holocaust all he wants.

its easier to repeat history if no one brings up what things that have happened.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

What is crazy is that Beck says this was the worst analogy he's ever made.

As bad as this analogy was, anyone who regularly watches GB knows that this is only the tip of the iceberg. He's a total lunatic and imo, should have his show transferred to Comedy Central. Would be like having 2 Stephen Colberts...pure awesomeness, and people would realize he's the comedian he is.

Anyone taking this man serious or what he says as facts is DELUSIONAL!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If it's his opinion, he should stick by it. If people don't like it, they can quit listening to him.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by pirhanna

What is crazy is that Beck says this was the worst analogy he's ever made.

As bad as this analogy was, anyone who regularly watches GB knows that this is only the tip of the iceberg. He's a total lunatic and imo, should have his show transferred to Comedy Central. Would be like having 2 Stephen Colberts...pure awesomeness, and people would realize he's the comedian he is.

Anyone taking this man serious or what he says as facts is DELUSIONAL!

I used to watch Beck nightly (even DVR'd the show). I was a tea party supporter, in that I understand the liberties that are being assaulted constantly and the need to protect those liberties. With that being said, I had to stop watching him, and a host of other fox characters, after hearing his consistent condoning positions on the OS of so many arguable instances i.e. he backed the OS of 911, the birther conspiracy and so much, much more.

He is not a friend of truth, he's a propogator of the OS given to him to promote. A shill to say the least. Needless to say, I don't watch beck anymore or fox to be quite honest. Furthermore, I don't watch any news on the TV anymore - you can't get real coverage of the actual news in the world.

Peace,
Sirclem

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Glen Beck, his show, his demeanor, his goofy conservatism and ideology has all been researched and scripted to appeal to a certain demographic.

He has a staff of writers that know exactly what will work on his show to keep his faithful tuning in and buying old people stuff that is advertised on his program.

It's absolutely brilliant marketing in the same vein as Hanna Montana, Zac Effron, or other manufactured media darlings.

As a producer I can tell you that it's not about news or political commentary, it's about ratings and advertising.

What is so pathetic is that there is a large segment of the population that believe Mr. Beck is the second coming and take every thing he says as the gospel truth.

edit on 26-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I couldn't agree more. Of course it's nothing but clever marketing, anyone who ever studied marketing should be able to see right through it. And yes, it's incredibly sad that there's so many dumb people (impossible to put it in a nice way) who blindly follow his hogwash.

No one highlighted his goofiness better than Stewart:

He's about as nuts as O'Reilly...who targets the exact same viewer segment as Beck.

It would be funny if it weren't also so sad at the same time. We live in the 21st century, great information is available for free or very little money...yet some fools chose to follow people who mislead them on purpose.

edit on 26-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by SirClem

I was I'm Thea same boat as you, but never like his TV show. I would religiously listen to his radio show. I subscribed to his website and Fusion magazine.

All of that changed with the Debra Medina fiasco. I finally saw his true colors, and it pissed me off.

His old show when he was in Tampa then Philly was awesome. He changed once he got a TV deal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The Jon Stewart doing Glenn Beck was priceless. One of the best comedy bits ever done imo.
He nailed it.

If rabbis can control Glenn Beck, do they have too much power? No one else can control the guy. It's like they have super-powers not meant for man.

edit on 26-2-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
If it's his opinion, he should stick by it. If people don't like it, they can quit listening to him.

Some of us don't want him dumbing down the nation

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Speaking of gosple truth, most of you hav your mind made up about him, no amount of anything will change it one way or the other.

After doing what I'm about to do, not only will you still hate hime for being a 'hyocrite' but you'll probably think less of me for doing this, but I must. Think what you will.

www.glennbeck.com...

Watch that.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by MrXYZ

The Jon Stewart doing Glenn Beck was priceless. One of the best comedy bits ever done imo.
He nailed it.

If rabbis can control Glenn Beck, do they have too much power? No one else can control the guy. It's like they have super-powers not meant for man.

Agreed. Doesn't even matter if you're left or right, it was funny. I have friends in the US that are VERY conservative, one of their parents are even friends of the Bush family...but even they found it funny when I sent it to them. Fact is, that man is beyond crazy and even if you're a conservative, there's way more trustworthy sources...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaykun
Speaking of gosple truth, most of you hav your mind made up about him, no amount of anything will change it one way or the other.

After doing what I'm about to do, not only will you still hate hime for being a 'hyocrite' but you'll probably think less of me for doing this, but I must. Think what you will.

www.glennbeck.com...

Watch that.

“I made a mistake on Tuesday and I want to make sure that you understand that I was wrong on this and I also apologize for it.”

So he apologized for ONE (!!!) mistake he made...he got a few hundred left to go

Fact is, the guy is misleading his viewers so often, he'd require an entire new apology show to fit all the apologies. Just look at how he completely misrepresented net neutrality, something all of us on ATS should be concerned about.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by SirClem

I was I'm Thea same boat as you, but never like his TV show. I would religiously listen to his radio show. I subscribed to his website and Fusion magazine.

All of that changed with the Debra Medina fiasco. I finally saw his true colors, and it pissed me off.

His old show when he was in Tampa then Philly was awesome. He changed once he got a TV deal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Indeed. I suscribed to his fusion mag as well. The Medina fiasco was another one that i didn't catch i guess because i stopped watching TV news by the time that went down.

Side note: Fox' coverage of the Ron Paul CPAC win...need i say more...

Beck is cut from the same cloth as Hannity, OReilly, Baier etc.. as well as (believe it or not Beckites) Chris Matthews, Olbermann etc.. One thing is for sure: these people are NOT journalists - one thing Beck readily admits to personally... and they are not in the business of promoting a "balanced" view. The 'faux news' they successfully feed to a large portion of our populus is just one of the systems in place geared to pin us, the citizens, in to a corner.

Along with the pharma system, fed reserve system, prison system, credit system, college loan system (i know i'm missing a few, feel free to add) our 'news' system is just another tool of control. A shame for a country that displayed such epic sense of journalism in the past.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So you don't think people can make smart enough choices for themselves? Sounds like you think the job is already done, and has been for some time.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by MrXYZ

So you don't think people can make smart enough choices for themselves? Sounds like you think the job is already done, and has been for some time.

Well, he has around 1.8mil viewers. And sure, some watch it as a comedy show (like me sometimes...when Colbert isn't on), but apparently there's still way over 1.5mil people who aren't smart enough

Originally posted by SirClem

Side note: Fox' coverage of the Ron Paul CPAC win...need i say more...

Pretty much says it all. It isn't a news channel, it's a fully owned subsidiary of the GOP/TP and nothing but a propaganda network that doesn't care about facts. I'll admit though, they can be pretty entertaining, and are showing the Simpsons, so they're not all bad if you don't take their stuff serious

edit on 26-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
See a formula here GB on radio GB on telly...mmm Alex jones on radio,alex jones on ?Very interesting

Get enough listeners,get sponsored ,get more listeners, get bigger sponsor and GB2.Will AJ sell out the same way.
edit on 26-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Look for more outlandish comments in the future. Although his ratings are still good...they have slipped quite a bit. He's at about half the viewership he once had..which was topped at 3 million.

If they continue to go down...he'll take it as far as he possibly can to get them back up.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Have you heard the "EndofAmerica31" commercials on the radio? They are all over the place including regular music stations...not just political radio.

Alex Jones is speaking on it telling people about a "dire prophesy" and to check out this website. Basically it's a long video of some douchebag wall street firm trying to get people to buy information. The company itself has already been caught scamming people. Check it out if you can.

Alex Jones is scum who preys on the weak minded....just like Beck and anyone else who preaches fear and hate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join