It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Playing Violin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
While watching this i wondered what if one could program the robots to "feel good" say perhaps by allowing them to release an energy boost for themselves if they played a piece of music correctly or completing other tasks correctly then you could essentially have perfectionist robot junkies. What say you?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Don't be scared!

it will do it the same way every time..

My PC can play music too...

when they learn human traits then we worry...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If the robots are actually getting that music to come from the instruments, I'd say the degree of dexterity and fine motor control is impressive. Still, they must have been designed specifically to play one instrument. I doubt if the same robots can swap instruments, juggle bowling pins or eat with chop sticks.

I doubt if the robots are capable of jammin' with a jazz ensemble. Improvization and following another player's lead probably ain't their forte.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Don't be scared!

yeah thats my thoughts exactly,as amazing as it is to watch most robots could be programmed to do that every 10 or so minutes.
when it starts a jam sandwich on it's own is when we have to worry

nice video
edit on 26-2-2011 by rhynouk because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If we humans of today were to send this robot back to a violin concert from like the 1700's would they not think this was an alien creature? So what if the aliens people see today are just highly advanced robots from our human future?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Don't be scared!

Yeah, my logical self says that I shouldn't be scared, but seeing any inanimate object doing anything human-like is always freaky...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The day robots or AI starts "feeling good" is the day I start my campaign of techno genocide.

Orchestra string instruments would be very hard for anything other than a person to do well though. Robots could probably manage to do other instruments though pretty well

edit on 26-2-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join