It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there could be a way to live without being connected to gas water or electricity!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phractal Philyea.its just this plan is a way to free ourselves from corprate greed in the U.S.A.there is just to much of corprate greed that people are poor and diying of starvation because of this....my point is if you can make enough money for this equipment you can almoast live somewere practicaly for free.people just need to be smart about survival and learn how to make enough money for this equiptment and you should be fine.just learn about survival.they have lots of good books on this stuff.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
reply to post by badw0lf

Read again, rolls your eyes up and down maybe you missed it.

Lol, me do my own work? you must be crazy...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by badw0lf

Have you heard of internet on your cell phone? Thats how I use ATS sometimes.

I aint in prison, we dont have cell pho.. Ohh you mean mobile phones..

Well I have one, but its a nokia that cant even play pictures.

can I watch tv on it now??

It rings however, when someone calls me.. Ironically, as a phone should!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

I HAVE been there and DONE that, without all of the add ons. For over two years. It was the best learning experience of my life

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

Girls with hairy legs, churning butter or not, really turn me on!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
This is an idea I got from reading about people who try to live away from civilation.with a motorhome you can install al kinds of add ons like a satelite dish,solar pannel,and a water well rig to drill into the ground for free water.sounds intresting.you might half to pay somthing every month for sattelite servace unles you are not afrade of comiting piracy.this is a way of living away from the governments capitolist ways.WARNING:this might be not be comfortable to everyone.expeshaly if you are clasterphobic.

I'm 2/3 of the way there already then. I have two 200 gallon water tanks in the basement, hooked into a pump and holding tank. It has lots of pressure for anything, showers, laundry, etc. I go to town and get my "city water", 200 gallons at a time for $2., but if ever it wasn't there, I would just have to pump out of the river nearby instead. I have a dugout pond, but it needs hooking up to the house still. There is also rain water run off from roofs as an option.

There is no gas lines where I am, so I am on electric heat and wood heat. To go off of the electricity, I would just need solar panels, and maybe wind power.

I also pay a small fortune to satelite service for the TV and a separate service for the internet. I do have a land phone line, because there is no cell phone service here. Lots of people in upper Canada live this way. There would be no way of getting the internet other than dial up without the satelite, neighbours are too far away to pirate off of them.

If I had a few thousand spare dollars, solar power would be easy, Saskatchewan is one of the sunniest provinces, with the clearest skies.

Its also a full size house, with a basement on 10 acres, so no claustrophobia here.
Unfortunately, there are still property taxes, but without them, there would be no roads or electrical.
edit on 6-3-2011 by snowspirit because: added

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

all that stuff about girls with hairy legs makes me grit my teeth. Like this day and age is SO much more civilized because we shave our legs? i think its rather retarded, i mean i once had the most beautiful blond hair coating my body, and then i shaved it like every other girl in my life did, now im SO horribly harry and damaged >.< it changed my hair color and growth with in a few shaves, and all that blond hair turned dark brown! >.< and each time i shave, it removes so much healthy skin cells.. and OMG it SUCKS, It would be quite the blessing if we lived in a place where woman never shaved. It would be better if we were more natural, we wouldn't be misled by all the fake blonds and all the hairless chested men when actually their genetics are quite different. its all fake here in our civilized world, and standards are high and unhealthy.

On Topic:
WELL FOR ME!!! here are my 3 Goals

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Different governments handle water rights differently. In Peru, the government has given ownership of all water to a corportation. They sold the idea on the premise that whoever owns the water will be motivated to prevent it being contaminated. The truth is that the rich mine owners weren't satisfied with the fact that they had already poisoned most of the water; they wanted to sell what little potable water remained at a price nobody can afford. So they paid the government officials to make it so.

Most cities in the USA have so much fresh water that it costs only a few dollars to fill an olympic size swiming pool with water clean enough to drink. Elsewhere in the world, people fight wars every few years over access to a single creek. A pint of water might be worth a pint of blood.

this is so true and so sad! but so many people dont even want to hear about it, becuase its too depressing, or there is nothing they can do. >:| but that is the path of our sins. We (in canada) are no better and are heading down that path faster then we can see, Canada has the LAST fresh water source, the only reason we are not at that state yet, is because we are one of the newest settled countries, Canada as its self is only 143 years old!! and yet we are just full of people too! and stupid people too! The damages is severe, you have to drive out of the city for hours before you can find any national parks that have been saved by the government, laws have been put in place to keep us out. but its not enough! laws dont mean anything when there is no heart in the people, and there is no common sense either. some people have it, but its not common, because those laws are only going to stay there until we need that land. and then they will be pulled and those beautiful trees and creeks, will be sold to the highest bidder. i saw 124 arc of forest and a small patch of water,(a lake) for sale on MLS for only $399'000.00 (canadian) last year not is NOT alot.. it made me sad

and why did the people even move up to the new world? was it because they wanted to start again? was it because they didn't like where they were, was it NOT GOOD ENOUGH? why is that? rather then staying in the $H!# your parents created, we just move away, and do the same thing to our children? why is it we spread like cancer? is there no more healthy productive cells?
edit on 7-3-2011 by Vlena because:
said a bad word
edit on 7-3-2011 by Vlena because: said a bad word
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There are many people that do this, and many who do something similar. It doesn't cost much to buy a rural piece of land and build a small cabin complete with solar panels, water well, gas appliances, etc. You could do it for as little as $20,000. Which isn't that much realitistically (few years saving?) compared with locking yourself into a $200,000+ home loan. If you spent a bit more say $50,000 you could get a really sweet setup somewhere and be set for life.

The thing is, for some people (like me) it just isn't practical or suitable. I would rather have a huge mortgage and work 9-5 and be a slave to the system, so I can have all my little luxuries and a nice home. If TSHTF I will just haul ass outta here and tent it or even just find a cave or something until TS passes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

That's good to know Eonnn. It helps with my plans for my future. I am tired of being connected to all this corporate bull #. That's why I want to plan this idea for living. what areas can you buy land for $20,000? also I wanted to ask, do you know anything about satellite wifi? is it free or can it be free?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Heres another idea.

You can rent and buy islands all over the world. How about create a model society based on free energy etc.? I would if I had the money or knew enough people excited by the subject. Look into private islands for sale and rent.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

I guess if you are lucky you can discover your own island instead of paying for one. They dont really charge someone for an uncharted they discover island do they? And the code of the sea says if you find it you keep it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join