It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there could be a way to live without being connected to gas water or electricity!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is an idea I got from reading about people who try to live away from civilation.with a motorhome you can install al kinds of add ons like a satelite dish,solar pannel,and a water well rig to drill into the ground for free water.sounds intresting.you might half to pay somthing every month for sattelite servace unles you are not afrade of comiting piracy.this is a way of living away from the governments capitolist ways.WARNING:this might be not be comfortable to everyone.expeshaly if you are clasterphobic.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i think that would be awesome , however i have 8 kids it would be a little cramped

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sadly if you have kids and live without running water, electricity & heat they claim it isn't a safe household for children and child protective services will take them away from you.

I guess all the people that grew up in the old days were not in a safe environment.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You could just go ingratiate yourself with the Amish community
www.holycrosslivonia.org...
mmmm girls with hairy legs, churning butter on the back porch in August, just waiting for the weekly communal bath

It's tough fighting The Man

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
you would have all of the utilitys you need with the option of adding things to make it comfortable based on a persons standards.you would get runing water if you conect the water well with the motorhome's water filtration/pump system.you can buy a water well drilling rig for around $500 to $600.
edit on 25-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

You know,now that I think about it,I don't live to far from an Amish community with the horse and buggy
tied up at the super walmart.And thats not a lie,horse and buggy tied up at Walmart!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceAssassin
i think that would be awesome , however i have 8 kids it would be a little cramped

What!!

you better be well off - 8 kids in this day and age in almost murder!!

Oo

throw 7 of them away...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

8 kids?!

I cannot imagine. I have 2 and that is enough for me.

On topic:

It wouldn't have to be a trailer, you could build a house, drill a well, alternative energy, generator, wood/corn/pellet burner for heat, etc..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Are you kidding? we in in Asia country do and done it, no water and electricity..look now we are flourish!! what's the big deal about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by decadence

also die by the millions.

"i think that would be awesome , however i have 8 kids it would be a little cramped"

8 kids? then you need 2 MH's teach em all to drive!

edit on 25-2-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ok, so I am trying to consider this as a possibility for the long run, and to never end up on mortgage road. Can someone help out with these questions. ( keep in mind I am Australian )

1. What is the law when it comes to motorhomes i.e How long is your motorhome allowed to be stationery before its loitering or trespassing etc.? Is there certain land in a country that is "not owned by government?
2. Is there technology that is illegal to use? i.e if I study some of Tesla's ideas, and build an alternative power source, am I at any risk for breaking the law or endangering life?
3. Are you guys saying water is free? As I am writing this I feel really stupid. Why do we pay for water? Do we pay for the easy access to it, or does someody actually own water?
4. Is it actually possible in this day and age to live completely off the grid?

So at the moment I am thinking that my objective in life should not be to secure a "home" as such, but rather to secure land. Cheap land surrounded by nature. Trade my partner in for a survivalist that can hunt my food and make games for my child out of sticks and rocks.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

People are dying everywhere in the world, not just in Asia. But we still stand by billions and millions every year is = nothing.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
Are you kidding? we in in Asia country do and done it, no water and electricity..look now we are flourish!! what's the big deal about it.

You're doing it wrong if you have no electricity but but get on the net!

WE believe woo..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There are ways to earn a living via the internet, but avoiding the snooping eyes of governments takes a little more savvy. Many shell corporations and trusts may be necessary, as well as ISP accounts that can only be traced to other ISP accounts in different countries. You might have to pay an army of straw men to sign paper on your behalf, and they should not know who they're signing for or where their cash pay envelope comes from. (This same sort of arrangement will someday be used by an AI program to take over the world.)

The future of independent power generation is gassification. With a portable gassification system, you will be able to get electricity and diesel fuel from wood or even garbage. They tend to be big and noisy, though. If you're on the go, it will need to be on a trailer parked a good distance from where you sleep.

In areas where water is scarce, you'll have to buy it. So don't go where water is scarce. In most parts of the US, it's hard to get a permit to dig a well, and the fines are pretty high. In wet climates, you can always collect the runoff from your roof in a cistern, which doesn't have to be underground.

Parking on land you don't own is usually a problem. If you do own the land, you probably have to cope with lots of rules. Best to be well outside any incorporated area. It will help if you grease the palms of the local code enforcers with the excess proceeds of your internet enterprises. Best to deal in cash. With traceable cash coming soon, you should try to go on the gold standard as much as possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by decadence

is it jut me or do I hear AMY WONG's parents voice from futurama when reading this guys posts.. lol

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phractal Phil
There are ways to earn a living via the internet, but

Aww there's always a but..

JUST TELL US SLOBS HOW TO GET MONEY!!!

Oo

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Read again, rolls your eyes up and down maybe you missed it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86
3. Are you guys saying water is free? As I am writing this I feel really stupid. Why do we pay for water? Do we pay for the easy access to it, or does someody actually own water?

[color=deepskyblue]
Where I am (US), depending on where you are (small towns, out in the sticks, etc), you have a well. It costs a lot to have someone come out to drill it, but its well worth it in the long run. There is always the chance that your well could dry up though. The depth they have to drill dictates the amount that it will cost. Ours was around 3000, pump included. I think when you pay for water, you are paying for the access. You also have to have a permit from the health department.

But it could all be very different where you are, but that's how it is in Ohio. At least in my county.

edit on 25-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Have you heard of internet on your cell phone? Thats how I use ATS sometimes.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86

There's plenty of fresh water in places with few people and pleanty of people in places with little water. People tend to congregate where most of life's necessities are plentiful. The few places that have all the necessities are owned by a few of the richest people, and they sell their surplus to the poor people who live elsewhere. The rich also own water rights in the mountains and they make the poor pay the cost of delivering that water to the vallies.

Different governments handle water rights differently. In Peru, the government has given ownership of all water to a corportation. They sold the idea on the premise that whoever owns the water will be motivated to prevent it being contaminated. The truth is that the rich mine owners weren't satisfied with the fact that they had already poisoned most of the water; they wanted to sell what little potable water remained at a price nobody can afford. So they paid the government officials to make it so.

Most cities in the USA have so much fresh water that it costs only a few dollars to fill an olympic size swiming pool with water clean enough to drink. Elsewhere in the world, people fight wars every few years over access to a single creek. A pint of water might be worth a pint of blood.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join