It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Abortion Billboard is Removed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Anti-Abortion Billboard is Removed

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com

The campaign, according to leaders of Life Always and New York church leaders opposing abortion who attended the news conference, was in response to the high rate of abortions in New York City, particularly among black women. A recent report by the city’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene said that the abortion rate in 2009 was 41 percent. The rate among black women was 59.8 percent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
And this sign made people mad why?
Does the truth hurt people?

Then again the restaurant owner didnt want to take a chance.
Heck 59.8 murder rate is pretty high lol

All jokes aside.
Dont you people find this sickening look at new yorks abortion number's.
dang that is a lot of dead babies.
Even sadder none care.

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-2-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
www.earnedmedia.org...'

So where else should the debate take place than in the city where more black babies are aborted than are born alive," asked Catherine Davis of the National Black Prolife Coalition. "Sixty percent of the abortions in New York City are performed on black women.

Folk this is why people avoid new york.
This terrifies me as a country boy.
They need to put this on there state flag or something.
Since when in history has more babies been aborted then born alive?
In the bible?

Or never...
In other words they have made a new world record for aborted babies.
Be proud Hold ya head high women.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
man that is crazy! thats more tha half on average between black and white females! wonder why the rate is so high? craigslist hookups comes to mind..all the women who lok for gnagbangs, random hookups with couples and tagteam men.. the bar scen is long dead, and so is hip hop culture or partying and dancing..so thas hwy i wonder if places like craigslist have some thing to do with it
i wonder about latino women>? whats the percentage on them? ive never known a latino woman who got an abortion..never they value a new life so much thier willing too keep and take care of the baby even if its not thiers..so ive learned.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Margaret Sanger, the racist, eugenics supporting Queen, would be very proud of herself today. All those "undesirables" never had a chance to upset her progressive utopia.

Yeah, I know she wasn't a republican. Neither were the KKK, the Dixiecrats, the Union thugs, etc...Surprise!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

With the government trying to discontinuing their subsidy of Planned Parenthood, virtually shutting them down
How many more abortions do you think we'll see?

Thisdoesn't seem cost effective to me. Not at any level.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have to say, someone on this site has finally pushed a button I can't ignore.

Ever been a single parent, dependent on govt or minimum wage job? Ever had a few kids of your own to feed, clothe, provide health care for?

Perhaps you're a product of such a background, and I am missing your point. If so, please excuse me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bertapearl

Ever been a single parent, dependent on govt or minimum wage job? Ever had a few kids of your own to feed, clothe, provide health care for?

Ever had a chance to do better than the parent/s that loved you?

Ever had a chance to love?

Ever had any chance at all?

Thank your mother...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It's sickening and morose to see those statistics. It reflects the culture were living in. People are becoming more desensitized to violence and casual sex. And when they see a billboard like this they are struck through the heart with the truth. And they don't like it.

What's even more sickening is that doctors are being PAID to do these procedures. BIG BUCKS.

By the way, if my parents had listened to the advice of the doctors who delivered me, you wouldn't be reading these words right now. The hospital was so convinced that I was going to be born brain dead and horribly disfigured that they made my parents sign an agreement that they wouldn't sue them. Well, I came out fine. And the doctors were so shocked that the whole practice stopped doing abortions that day. On my birthday. I'm very thankful that my parents didn't kill me, and grateful that God spared me.
edit on 25-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bertapearl

I have to say, someone on this site has finally pushed a button I can't ignore.

Perhaps you're a product of such a background, and I am missing your point. If so, please excuse me.

Yes i have to everyone of those questions.
And at no time in my life have i thought because of any of the reason you gave. i needed to kill my child .
Yes it was my child IF GAVEN A CHANCE.
it didn't ask to be brought into this world or made.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Do any of you guys have adopted kids?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
Do any of you guys have adopted kids?

This summer, after school is out, I'll have two girls.
edit on 25-2-2011 by TreadUpon because: to add the reason I have to wait

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So, how any are rape victims or whose life was in danger? Or is it just being used as contraception?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In terms of the billboard, taking it down seems perfectly reasonable. If people are being harassed that have nothing to do with it, then it should come down regardless of what's on it. There are many ways of discussing abortion, even for the pro-life side.

In terms of abortion, I'm pro-life and an atheist.

As a father of 4, my wife and I can understand the fear and trepidation of having a child. We would rather have the problems associated to few to no abortions than the problems we have now. Large portions of our population are being wiped out. Our parents made a big difference in our choices to keep the children, marry, and build a life. Parents can make more of a difference than laws can really.

Giving a child a chance isn't really asking too much in my mind. Our collective opinions on when life begins vary quite a bit, so in those circumstances I'd really suggest we err on the side of caution, on the side of life.

Life is important to every person ever to live.
edit on 25-2-2011 by KrazyJethro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
So, how any are rape victims or whose life was in danger? Or is it just being used as contraception?

Can they all add up to 60%? It's sick.

If I have to say I second line, I think I'll be nauseous...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think that if anyone believes that a first-trimester abortion is murder, they definitely should NOT have an abortion ever ever ever.

Meanwhile, the procedure is perfectly legal in this country and its legality has been confirmed by the Supreme Court. Patients choosing to have this legal medical procedure and/or their doctors should not be threatened, harassed or assassinated.

It's interesting to me that people who believe that abortion is murder have no qualms whatsoever about using violence on those who have actually been born. The anti-abortionists have certainly cornered the market on that.

I also believe that the billboard is perfectly legal and the group that created it has a right to their freedom of speech. I think the public just feels they're constantly bombarded by these militants and that a woman has a right to make her own decisions, and they're just tired of the assault.

I believe the pro-life (depending on whose life they are talking about) movement would do better to try to be less in-your-face and rely more on persuasion and moral example.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I think that if anyone believes that a first-trimester abortion is murder, they definitely should NOT have an abortion ever ever ever.

Agreed.

Meanwhile, the procedure is perfectly legal in this country and its legality has been confirmed by the Supreme Court. Patients choosing to have this legal medical procedure and/or their doctors should not be threatened, harassed or assassinated. They have experienced all three on many, many occasions.

That's true, they have every right and shouldn't be endangered.

It's interesting to me that people who believe that abortion is murder have no qualms whatsoever about using violence on those who have actually been born. The anti-abortionists have certainly cornered the market on that.

I'm anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, and enjoy a very classic libertarian value on foreign affairs. We do exist, as a frustrated minority trying be heard.

I also believe that the billboard is perfectly legal and the group that created it has a right to their freedom of speech. I think the public just feels they're constantly bombarded by these militants and that a woman has a right to make her own decisions, and they're just tired of the assault.

I tend to be tired of it myself. It's funny that I'm an atheist who wants to change things in a positive way socially. The ideas work and can be done by anyone. I was under the impression that this movement should be about the love of a child rather than condemnation or scorn to those who choose abortion.

I believe the pro-life (depending on whose life they are actually for) movement would do better to try to be less in-your-face and rely more on persuasion and moral example.

Agreed. I have 4, one is adopted and he's the oldest, so that's pretty cool. We decided if we EVER decide to make it a nice 5 kids (which would make us seriously crazy or just came into a bunch of money), we would adopt for the 5th also. Adoption can be a great thing, and open adoptions are a great thing too.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc9fd4d4c405.jpg[/atsimg]

Apparently this billboard was offensive enough to people on both sides of the abortion debate to lead them to demand that it be removed. I can see a few interpretations here that would strongly support this result. Using a child of that age is questionable to me, and overall, this is a slap in the face of all women, particularly African-American women, everywhere, no matter what "numbers" they think they have to rationalize this claim. And targeting Planned Parenthood yet again? This is getting just ridiculous. They need to get real and lighten up on this organization in general unless they can come up with some equivalent and affordable alternatives for women somehow. Period.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc9fd4d4c405.jpg[/atsimg]
...They need to get real and lighten up on this organization in general unless they can come up with some equivalent and affordable alternatives for women somehow. Period.

The only alternative to life is...

a justifiable make-believe argument...(added for a second line. I think you understood without it)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join