It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Abortion Billboard is Removed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've said it before on this subject and been discounted and shrugged off, but the bottom line is, as long as poverty levels are on the rise, so will things such as abortion rates.

I am VERY pro-choice, but the fact of the matter is that many in poverty don't feel as though they have any other choice than to have an abortion, and that is truly a sad statement on the society we live in.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Don't play coy or stupid about what Planned Parenthood does as a whole for the underprivileged. And if that's not what you're doing, I feel very sorry about your ignorance.

reply to post by captaintyinknots

I wouldn't discount that at all. And it is very sad.
edit on 2/26/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

"Stupid", no. But "coy" is my middle name. What Planned Parenthood is doing is exactly what Sanger set them up to do. Wipe out over half the population of "undesirables" and have them thank you for it, nay, demand it!

Abstinence was/is too much for Sanger, or modern progressives, to expect from the "animal" class, right?

WTG. The icing on the cake is getting ME to support it financially through the tax burden.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

There are plenty of women that were only able to safely carry a baby to term and keep it and care for it properly after it was born because of the help they got at planned parenthood. The clinic near my home offers a great many HEALTH services for women, as well as helping them have a health child and helping poor mothes figure out how to clothe and feed children they might not be ready to support. The do NO ABORTIONS at that clinic. You have to go to a hospital here for that.

So dropping funding from planned parenthood but not closing down hospitals here will result in more complicated and unwantd births. But you all go that route because I believe the goal has nothing to do with preventing or stopping abortion. If it went away, most "pro-lifers" would be lost without a cause to use to push what they consider right on others in the FREE COUNTRY of the US.

This much is obviousl. Cutting funding from planned parenthood will only damage expectant mothers without doing anything to impact abortions in this country. It is a hotbutton talking point, use by the powerful to rile up the ignorant and get them out to vote.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Just send people to your link www.blackgenocide.org...

And to the opposing view too www.opposingviews.com...

And tell you what—you pretend your exact tax dollars are going to fund killing one million Iraqis or whatever it is you wish to support, and I'll pretend mine go where I wish, and we'll all be happy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c9b9f06dd32.png[/atsimg]
edit on 2/26/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Excellent, another victory for the baby-killing crowd!

I for one think that babies are innocent of any crimes so far in their lives and do not deserve to be brought into a world of rape, violence and mayhem. If you have the gall to bring a child into this world, then you had better be read to answer for it when they're 18 and all $%&^ed up on the shrink's couch!

I actually am pro-choice, anti-life.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The little girl's mother is pro-choice and was offended by the ad. I saw her on TV at some point.

No one is forcing these black women to have abortions. They are choosing to. People just want to take away their choice, as if they don't have the means to decide for themselves!

I don't like the idea of abortion, either, but I will never stand in the way of a woman and her reproductive choices. And it would be unconstitutional for the government to do so.

The mother of the child depicted in the ad had also been on the offensive. Tricia Fraser told Fox 5 News on Wednesday night that she wanted the billboard taken down. The image of her daughter Annisa was a stock photo, and not taken specifically for the purposes of being used on the billboard.

The Root

To think that PP 'targets' black women or that black people can't make their own decisions and choices is just racist. YES, there's a problem with too many abortions, but this is NOT the way to deal with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I say we start supporting post-natal abortion. Parents should have the right to choose if they want to raise children. If those little b-tards get out of line, remove those parasites from the face of society. Everyone should have the right to kill parasites that feed off them. Abortion is permissible until they get jobs. Plus it will help causes like overpopulation and global warming. In fact, we should feed them to the poor.

Well, why the hell not? We already decide to kill them until they're out of the womb, in which case they magically morph into human beings.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So..
they aborted the bill board ...
so sad..

I read they abort around, or maby even slightly more then, half the black fetuses.
I guess they saves killin folks after they are born.

like they would like to kill most of us, except some government /cwivil swervice jobs require live victims.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by TheAmused

It's sickening and morose to see those statistics. It reflects the culture were living in. People are becoming more desensitized to violence and casual sex. And when they see a billboard like this they are struck through the heart with the truth. And they don't like it.

What's even more sickening is that doctors are being PAID to do these procedures. BIG BUCKS.

By the way, if my parents had listened to the advice of the doctors who delivered me, you wouldn't be reading these words right now. The hospital was so convinced that I was going to be born brain dead and horribly disfigured that they made my parents sign an agreement that they wouldn't sue them. Well, I came out fine. And the doctors were so shocked that the whole practice stopped doing abortions that day. On my birthday. I'm very thankful that my parents didn't kill me, and grateful that God spared me.
edit on 25-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

What a great story to share, thanks.

I'm one who feels it's their choice, if they choose to abort well it's not for me to try to stop them. The information that was on the billboard will resonate long after being removed. I'm sure it educated quite a few and their choice to abort or not.
In due time they will face their decisions whether they like it or not be it a medical mistake to their bodies or what they try to erase from their heads. Those children didn't exist for not and those who abort will always hide behind an excuse for what they did until they are ready to face it or until it faces them. I speak for the abortions that aren't due to rape or medical need although those reasons are clearly exploited and abused.
The billboard was is a very sad reality and speaks volumes about us/society.

edit on 27-2-2011 by sweetliberty because: to omit "that"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join