It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think: Barbaric it scares them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Just a thought, you know with all this debate of are they good or evil, we will never now. I'm with another member who said "i just hope my bullets hit them or i grab one of their weapons"

I was against this pig headed idea until I realized, you know what?

This is OUR planet.

If WE went to someone elses PLANET, we would land and meet with them, not sneak around and cause confusion.

If I see one, it better be VERY HUMBLE in its approach because as soon as I get an inkling of thought that says they have evil intentions, im bringing them for a trip to the darkside, barbaric style.

Hopefully they will come peacefully, and in few numbers. Or else they are screwed.

Greys, may I suggest, 1 UFO and no more than 3 Occupants, on the white house lawn in broad daylight. Oh dont worry about those tanks and guns, remember you're here on a peace mission. Calmly wait for the president to be evacuated, and make sure LIVE TV cameras are there so they dont snatch you up and take you to area 51. Hover for a few hours before you land. That'd do it.

-Grey

[edit on 21-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
And to whoever's gonna post "well they wont do that they have a deal with the government, they dont need to publicly announce themselves."

Well hey, until they do, I better not see one because since you didnt let me know you were coming, you're un-invited.

-Grey

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrey

If WE went to someone elses PLANET, we would land and meet with them, not sneak around and cause confusion.

Depends on who you mean by WE.
If it was our government then that's exactly what they would do.
(And who else would go?)

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Depends on who you mean by WE.
If it was our government then that's exactly what they would do.
(And who else would go?)

lol, yeah, earth governments are morons though.

I agree with TheGrey on this one. Its not right to sneak around ppls back. When your in someones turf, you dont sneak around, you let them know your there. Its just the right thing to do. In the case they are here to invade or whatever, have the courage to show yourselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Just a thought, you know with all this debate of are they good or evil, we will never now. I'm with another member who said "i just hope my bullets hit them or i grab one of their weapons"

Since many people would react the same way as you, maybe that's why any ET's (if they exist) haven't announced their existance to us.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Since many people would react the same way as you, maybe that's why any ET's (if they exist) haven't announced their existance to us.

maybe. but somehow i don't think a few loonies with some pistols will scared away an advanced race.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Usually when we sneak around it's to try and get some information without disturbance, or we want to kill who ever we're spying on without alerting the others.
Like a splinter cell.
Maybe that's what Extra Terrestrials want.
They either want to kill us without detection, or they want to gather information without alerting us.
If they are visiting us from other planets without the government knowing.

[edit on 7/17/2004 by GuerrillaFuunkstaahh]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
again, a reason why I think they are melevolent in nature.

If you come in peace, make yourself known. They are uninvited by the general population, but probably invited by our government.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You know, it's not just the sneeking, but the kidnaping. Even if 10% of the abduction info. is true, it is cause for concern, and reason for retaliation. Although they may not veiw it as any worse then we do when we tag wild animals, that is no excuse for us not fight back. I'm sure 90% of those who think they may be abductees would love to face one with their full capacity about them and a weapon in hand, to say "take me from my home now, you evil little grey SOB."

To think we cant fight an advanced race may be foolish. Can a dog kill you? No tech, but a mean one is certainly scary.

It may be that the reason we have seen no formal invasion is that they are afraid of us. Mabey a reason for the anti-gun ideas we are seeing alot of.

From the member with the "pig headed idea" that they don't outgun me too bad. Thanks for thinking beyond the knee-jerk.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by cavscout]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Is this planet ours then? Did we get an invoice? Can I see it? Perhaps we're all squatters and the greys are coming to evict us...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think some of you need to squeegee the testosterone fog from the screens of your computers for few minutes and reread what some of you have written lol...

This reaction is not too far off from the attitudes held by those hunting for witches. The unknown always seems to whip the uneducated and overly emotional into rambo's but in all honestly are we to believe that a species advanced enough to crack interstellar travel would be so low tech as to allow you to "shoot them"? Or get "barbaric"? Come on now...did the Native American population get barbaric enough to stop the onslaught of the white man? Did getting barbaric stop the raid of African villages by slave traders? Instead of giving into fear we should first start coming to terms with the fact that alien visitation is a THEORY. There is no solid evidence of visitation. UFO's are not proof of visitation...just possible advanced technology.

Before stoking up the flaming torches, grabbing your Bibles and strapping on your crucifixes don't you think you should first wait until contact has been established? lol

[edit on 7/21/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
NO the planet is not ours the universe is not ours nothing is ours!
We did not create nothing of this why should it be ours? These things created us therefore they owes us. We hang in a so thin thread everything could joust BANG! nothing existence in this universe no more. Why not joust be satisfied for got to live?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
if aliens came to our planet in numbers i would be more anxious to talk to them then fight them. But say they where here in hostile manner i do not care if they created us or not im fighting like they have never seen. Think barbaric it will probably scare them is right, a shotgun in one hand and knife in the other, maybe some mild hallucingens(sp?) to produce adrenalin rushes that are huge and to stop pain and im ready to go.

Hostile take over needs to be dealt with harshly, personally i would be looking more to the everyday person then to the army, i can just see it now an army so civilains armed with make shift weapons, holding back snarling dogs ready for the head on assualt.

But think logicaly here people, if they wanted the planet for resources now is really no the best time, we are after all running out, they shoudl gave come about 200 years ago when the population was down and resources more plentiful. I think they are just interested like we are with things we do not know or completly understand, we have probably just as many questions for them as they do for us.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cardu
NO the planet is not ours...

The planet is not ours just because we didn�t create it? I think the planet IS ours. We�ve been "paying the rent" for thousands of years, living here. Earth is our treasure and our responsability, and no one can take it from us.

Originally posted by Cardu
These things created us therefore they owes us

I think that�s false, although I don�t have any proof (and there�s not proof that it is true neither). But if it is the case, if they did created us, well they lost all rights on us long time ago. We built a civilization, we are intelligent beings, we have rights, we are nobody�s cattle anymore.

Besides...if they created us, why they abduct people to make experiments and take tissues and fluids? I mean...they created us, can�t they create their own humans? Maybe they lost the blueprints at Roswell...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Okay, maybe aliens exist in secret, maybe they don't look at Drake Equation and way it in. I see, make exotic weapons designed to jump through wormholes and folds in space. Triangulate where they came from and open a worm hole over one of their cities then a black hole to swallow their planet. Hey these things could be made cheap. Then clone our bodies and ship them to the location of their area of space.

Or, don't show force and mr Alien better play nice, or we turn em into cat food.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is a fundemental truth that life no matter
how evolved is precious........if aliens would
like to control our actions then they are by
our standards evil.

Evil, whether local or foreign is still evil and
must be dealt with. I for one will take any
soul alien or not.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
It is a fundemental truth that life no matter
how evolved is precious........if aliens would
like to control our actions then they are by
our standards evil.

Evil, whether local or foreign is still evil and
must be dealt with. I for one will take any
soul alien or not.

Untrue. Mans "standards" on evil change depending on various factors. Murder is wrong but abortion is okay. Abortion is wrong but killing abortion doctors is okay.

Evil and Good really depends on the individual. It's subjective.

We would deem a person who tears another human apart for food, evil. And yet a spider that kills for blood is considered a part of nature and it's acting on instinct. Now if a spider were the size of a dog and began tearing humans apart we would quickly demonize them as "evil" but does that change the instinct of the spider? Nope.

We can't assume our ideas of right and wrong are shared by an extraterrestrial species nor can we hold them to those standards. We couldn't hold a dog sized spider to our standards so why hold an alien species to those standards?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Beyond the general, and glaring, point that if the aliens were evil our cities would be radioactive dust piles right now...

Has anyone here ever considered that their methods fit in with what a visiting species might do if it was trying to preserve the native culture? As the Brookings report noted, less advanced societies usually collapse when they HEAR of far more advanced societies. If they simply landed on the white house lawn in 1947 and said, "We're here" human culture could have collapsed within a few days.

So, what would you do if you wanted to contact a civilization YET still preserve its basic elements? My guess is that you'd conduct some long-term recon, slowly get the populace use to your presence through sporadic sightings, show your physical self in isolated incidences in a way that your image would 'get out' yet the story behind it wouldn't be believed... and gradually give ideas to 'contacts' that, when released into the media, might condition the public for your landing. You would not, if you were responsible, land on a planet and show yourself off without preparation.

Ok... so you bring up abductions. The last time I checked we 'abducted' dozens of endangered species every year for the sake of preserving them... often using methods similar to what the aliens use. If they wanted to they could invade and keep a pool of human livestock somewhere.

In the end, I think the 'evil invaders' scenario -- especially the one that relies on 'reptilian overlords' -- is just a product of our own cultural conditioning. Heck... note how it usually ends with people talking about how they are going to shoot at the aliens and win a war against them... commentary that sounds distinctly like macho posturing.

I'm not going to repeat long posts I've written on ATS in the past... but let me just say this: You will never learn the truth about UFOs/Aliens if you are not ready to hear it. The government will only reveal that info when they feel society is mature enough to take it without shooting their guns up in the air like morons. Talk of getting into gunfights with aliens only DELAYS disclosure. If you really want to know the truth, think and write about what you would SAY to an alien instead of what you would shoot him with.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I cant say why, but I do feel they are evil. As such, it would not be very smart to shrug them off and not prepare as best I could. If they turn out to be harmless observers, I think the first thing I would want to hear from them is a good reason for the abductions, and I dont think there can be one. This was based partialy on me saying i hoped my bullets would peirce their body armor, and this was in context to a post about what we would do if aliens tried to kick off the Earth. I would say this would not be an unreasonable response to such a situation. So far as the knee jerk idea that we would just start "shooting their guns up in the air like morons", that was just silly. If you think that, mabey your writing would be better suited in Hollywood. And what is all this about us having no chance at defending against them? are we so arrogant as to believe that they are so much like us that they would have weapons developed. What, they can travel here, so they must be able to snap their fingers and destroy us? what if we learned to "fold space" next year? would another race in a distant system at the same level of tech we are in at this moment have to fear not being able to defend itself against us? Just because they are here does not mean they are that much more advanced than us.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Aliens may have a complete spectrum of types as we do. We have religeous zealots, govenment officials, complacent couch potatoes, criminals (some possibly in the government), soldiers, corporate types, blue collar people, mothers and so on. To treat the Aliens as a monolith is possibly incorrect. You may be dealing with a mellow criminal (to the Aliens) Alien looking for an outlet from an oppressive life. You may be dealing with an ideologue of one sort or other. You may be dealing with a drone, or military type. Keep your mind open and observe.

My initial reaction would be keep a BIG distance and approach very slowly. If Aliens are smarter their treachery is probably worse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join