It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA at it again, Nationwide Motorcyce ONLY checkpoints The war on Bikers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep, it'll probably be just another few check boxes on a new form for the troopers to fill out for the study. The and/or the DOT already work together is this very manner for both trucks and cars, if I'm not mistaken. Trucks for sure. Apparently there are some motorcycle safety issues in some states that they would like to address would be my guess. I almost posted this here too when I first heard of it about a month ago, but decided it was just a business-as-usual kind of thing after I looked into it. What I do now find amusing is they're threatening to boycott/avoid GA on their trip down to bike week because of this. That's up to them. Kinda hard to get to Florida without passing through Georgia

edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks L. That's what I get for being in a hurry, doing a drive-by posting, and not checking out the article first.
Spanking deserved.

Nevertheless, it makes me wonder if they'll keep taking it further. If one thing goes over well, then they always want to go the next step. And if we go for that...

edit on 25-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reminds me of the border patrol checkpoint.

I live on the Texas-Mexico border. If I want to go north for anything, I have to go through a checkpoint, which is about 60 miles from where I live. It has been there since the 60's. They even have X-Ray vehicle scanners there.

Pisses me off.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I wonder if this will affect Bike Week here in Daytona. It's only a week or so away. I'll be sure to ask around as to whether anyone has had issues with this.

Find out who the lawyers are and make sure each group has a lawyer with them. It does scare the C***P out of a cop when the group has a big mean looking lawyer grinning at him.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Don't get me wrong. It's wise and smart to keep an eye on things "like" this. Just in this case, it might not be as huge a deal as some are making it out to be. On the plus side, people are waking up, right? That's not a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. It's wise and smart to keep an eye on things "like" this. Just in this case, it might not be as huge a deal as some are making it out to be. On the plus side, people are waking up, right? That's not a bad thing.

1. It is a big deal because the law is being applied in a discriminatory fashion.

2. It is a violation of the fourth amendment despite anything the traitorous Supreme Court might say.

3. It is "crossing a line" If we allow the government to determine what "rights" the government will grudgingly grant us we no longer live in the USA but in a country that has been silently conquered without a shot.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

1. I disagree. Studies by their very nature are "discriminatory" as they target a specific problem or problem area, in this case motorcycle safety. This is an alarmist stretch to say this is discriminatory. Other studies target bicycles, cars, tractor-trailers and the like. Other checkpoints exist for things like DWI/DUI, snow chain checks, and the like.

2. Show me where it says there will be search and/or seizure here? Best guess is that it'll be a quick safety check and a form someone fills out for the study,

3. Doing a closed-ended, temporary study designed to improve safety conditions of roads and/or motorcycles and motorcycle safety equipment is hardly crossing a line.

Like I said. Pick your battles. This doesn't happen to be one of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I guess you didn't read the part about most of the tickets had nothing to do with safety and that they were detaining people in a makeshift stockade while searching their bikes, papers, IDs, etc. Also the fact that it was planed to go nationwide. But what the hell.....its just Bikers their harassing and they all deserve it, right? That is what is destroying this country the fact that everyone is only concerned if it is taking away their rights and see no problem with them taking away someone elses. It makes it easier for them by going after us one group at a time knowing that the other 90% of the population wont care or be activly cheerleading them.

As for it not being TSA.....when I am wrong I admit it, I got the initials mixed up, teach me to wear my glasses when reading.
If a Mod will change the title I wont have a problem with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You guys should have a mass protest - ALL bikers ride together to dizzy city at once then camp out in front of the whitehouse.. also would be hilarious to see t.s.a reaction if several thousand bikers rode up on their little checkpoint at once.. Doubt theyd be so brave if they were outnumbered...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
You guys should have a mass protest - ALL bikers ride together to dizzy city at once then camp out in front of the whitehouse.. also would be hilarious to see t.s.a reaction if several thousand bikers rode up on their little checkpoint at once.. Doubt theyd be so brave if they were outnumbered...

We are discussing it now, at Harley shops, Outlaw Club houses and Biker Bars accross the country, dont be suprised if not 1000s but 10s of 1000s ride on the whitehouse this spring............I would love to see that.......LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

As a biker myself Even though I despise the idea of the TSA harrassing me for simply operating a particular type of motorized vehicle .

And find the underlying principle Unconstitutional as well.

The Biker Gangs have a long history of stealing bikes and in particular very expensive Harleys and I personally know a few people whom have had their bikes stolen at these rallies.

Anyone who has had their bike stolen at one of these rallies might see this from another perspective and might see it as a means of tracing and or even recovering their bikes back.

I don't care how they feeeel about it. you cannot break a law to enforce a law. And if I'm wrong I hope some current leo will step up and enlighten me. If they were searching for:" a 2009 silver heritage softail with a craftsman crescent wrench in the riders right saddlebag; (with a warrant); that's legal; I'm gonna' look because you're hairy is not.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Originally posted by nh_ee

The Department of Homeland Security and it's TSA were products of the previous administration's Patriot Act before the President was even in the picture. He as with all Presidents are merely following orders from the powers who placed him in office only because of his allegiance to those who rule.
I can assure you that regardless of which elected official was elected to POTUS, we would still have the TSA as well as the ever increasing loss of our freedoms.

The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the house[2] and Ernest Hollings in the Senate,[3] passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. Originally part of the United States Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I am not denying that bikers do sometimes get harassed, just like truckers and cagers too. Down here in GA many of the cops seem to be bikers too and are pretty laid back about it, so maybe it's not so much of an issue. I also don't find it contrary to any other type of LE behavior that if you get stopped in a checkpoint no matter what its purpose, if you have other violations showing or there's reasonable suspicion, you will get ticketed or whatever the usual is. I'm just saying, that I believe this particular story is a bit alarmist, a bit exaggerated, and probably not going anywhere. This plus the whopping $70K apportioned for the study in GA might last them a couple of days at today's rate of inflation.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Huh? You want thousand of bikers to converge on the White House to protest a safety study
Mkay. I'm more worried about the war spending and the jobless rate. How about we do that ride instead?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
This isn't just an attack on bikers. Look long range about this. If they do it to bikers and no one cares. Next it will be door-less jeeps at jeep jamborees. This is a stepping stone. Rest assured once they start doing it to bikers, in a couple years it will be another group. There far-reaching goal on this will be interstate checkpoints. Where everyone will be stopped and checked.

Yep incrementalism has been thier MO for decades and has worked very well for them so they continue to use it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

...Studies by their very nature are "discriminatory" as they target a specific problem or problem area, in this case motorcycle safety....

If the owners actually volunteer for the study fine.

Anything else is an invasion of privacy without cause and without a warrant and the cops are acting "under the color of the law" That is they are lying through their teeth SAYING they have the RIGHT when they actually do not.

This is why the group with the lawyers were treated with kid gloves.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thatd be a beautiful sight to see.. Rode back in the late 60s early 70s had a 67 norton chopped and chromed.. One of the few things that actually miss about stateside is hitting the road on bike and seeing the countryside.. Goodluck and hope you guys do make the ride..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

We are discussing it now, at Harley shops, Outlaw Club houses and Biker Bars accross the country, dont be suprised if not 1000s but 10s of 1000s ride on the whitehouse this spring............I would love to see that.......LOL

BRING LAWYERS with you. I am serious. See if you can get a couple or more Constitutional lawyers to ride with you... UP FRONT

Forget the "protests" get some really savvy lawyers to confront the cops FOR you. Fight fire with fire as it were.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

only two word regarding this topic :
POLICE STATE!

edit on 25-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Would also suggest protesting the illegal wars at the same time- not sure how it is nowadays there .. But used to be alot of bikers were vets.. After my time in I rode also protested as part of vietnam veterans against the war..
Doesnt have to be about just one thing when protest - make good use and voice all greivances while there... hope making sense havent finished my coffee yet this morning - and sun wukong (my macaque) getting into mischief already .. Lol going to be one of those days here.. Apologies hope not sidetrack thread.. No rule that a protest must be limited to one thing lah...
edit on 25-2-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would be happy as all get up if the police found my motorcycle that someone wanted more then me. But this is not how I would like them to find it.

First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

First They came... - Pastor Martin Niemoller

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join