It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solfeggio Frequencies, The Music Industry and You

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just discovered:

Animal Collective tunes to open G# major in just intonation where C=528 hz. At least, that is how things appear. Just intonation (Pythagorean tuning) is tricky on a guitar, but it can certainly be done, even if not perfectly. Well apparently that's their secret! Now I can do all the crazy falsetto dancing they do with their voices. It's almost impossible in equal temperament because the harmonics are wrong!

I may have thought Shpongle and Bonobo used A=444 hz because they actually use standard just intonation, which is still much better than equal-tempered 440 hz.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Sunspots because: sexiness

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I would love a radio station that only plays music in solfeggio frequencies.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
I would love a radio station that only plays music in solfeggio frequencies.

I too am looking for a radio station that alters the tune. I would guess that they would be altering the copyright in some way, though.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think there may be at least two parts to this. Sound itself definitely can have an effect on the chemical basis of mood. I've read for years about endorphin release and soothing music (although a quick search to source that claim failed to turn up a plethora of double-blind experiments on the subject) and Muzak's effect on people, positive or negative, is well known.

Some kinds of music will soothe me, I will physically relax, my capillaries will contract less in parasympathetic response, blood flow to my extremities and viscera will increase, and I am physically healthier. Other kinds of music have other effects.

Frequency itself (A=440?) can produce these effects but only very briefly. It's the perceived interplay between the frequencies that sufficiently engage my mind for these prolonged physical effects to be produced. Different scales based on different frequency patterns will have the same effect on the listener if the perceived interplay between the frequencies is the same.

The other part seems to be imperceptible to us but the effects are no less real. The interplay between frequencies, if timed correctly, creates a "pulse". Like two waves merging and creating a third wave motion. Our brains work at very low frequencies, roughly 3 to 40 Hz. Everything in the Universes is, by entropy, convection, conduction, diffusion, et al, endlessly approaching resonance. Our brains "attempt" to match these local "pulses" just as air tries to "match" the frequency of a falling tree.

Whether A=440 or something else, I think what counts is giving the mind a toy to engage it while the body responds to its natural inclination to heal and then creating "pulses" that affect the mind.

Reading over this, I worry that I sound as if I think I'm an authority and I think the opposite. This is an intriguing question for me that I've been looking into a while and have more questions now than before. I'm not dissing the idea that A might better be another frequency but I do think I've noticed it's the interplay between frequencies that have, at least, physical effects.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi anyone knows more about grooveshark, enhancing audio, is this on all streamings?

Curiously i was typing in an excel the solfeggio notes with the numpad and i found that the main notes all are in rows or files in the keyboard:

Ex.
Numpad

B: 963
A: 852
G#: 417
G: 396
F#: 741
F: 174
E: 639
D: 285
C: 528
Why?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zxcvbs

Whoa! That is cool. Any mathemagicians out there?

Nice find

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You cleary dont know nothing

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is so blatant scam. All you need to know about them is worth 3 and a half minute of the vid:

Can you see the silly pattern? 123456789 into 33, 24, 33 which gives you 666. It's some kind of evil joke

edit on 26/12/2013 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Several years ago while preparing my thesis defense I kept thinking about frequency distribution and theory. Thanks for reminding me about it. Quite intriguing.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunspots

bumping this for future reference.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join