It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loganville Officer Faces Grand Jury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Loganville Officer Faces Grand Jury

www.myfoxatlanta.com

A grand jury is trying to decide if the assistant chief should be indicted for alleged police brutality against Kenny Dixon.

"I didn't swing at them, I didn't cuss at them, I didn't do anything to deserve what they did to me," said Dixon back in July of 2010.

Dixon said he called Loganville police to his home in July of 2010 for help and ended up being beaten by officers.

Dixon said he arrived home to find his stepson dead inside his garage. The 24-year-old had committed suicide.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is a pretty crazy story.

So this father arrives home, finds his stepson had commited suicide, calls the cops in for help, and winds up getting the living crap kicked out of him in the immediate aftermath.

As always, there may be more to this story and we will have to wait to see if more details emerge, but on the surface of what has been disclosed thus far, this seems pretty horrible.

The guy was likely already distraught, then got man-handled and pounded on to top it off, and sent to jail for "felony obstruction"?

His neighbor said she saw officers punching the heck out of him. And his face is all jacked up in the video.

www.myfoxatlanta.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
How sad. I hope these jurors send that punk cop to jail a long time. Sadly, I think even if they do he will get special treatment. Lets see how tough he is without a badge and multiple weapons and numbers.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

The full story hasn't even come out...you people amaze me everyday

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Uhg. When will people learn that cops can't solve problems & most likely end up escalating the situation?

Thanks for the post OP.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Felony obstruction for what?
I didn't read that any crime had been commited by the guy, the cop 'grabbed' his arm, I don't know how hard or at what angle he pulled it.
The cop on the other hand tried to get the guy to sit down and be calm, but there are better ways to do that than to grab someone.

My mother found her stepson dead in his bed and tried to resusitate him till the medics got there and there's always high emotions going in a situation like that but this guys story sounds a little like that the cop just thought he had a murderer bang to rights and wanted to 'arrest' him, the bogus felony obstruction is just bunkum to give him a reason, as for the others jumping had not one of them an ounce of common sense and take a step back and ask " what are you doing that for?"
All the stories about the police we hear about are the bad ones kicking off and assaulting the public, but we never hear the good ones do we?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Of course we don't. The people want something to complain about...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Maybe if cops stopped acting like jackboot thugs people wouldnt have things to complain about.

When I was growing up, cops were always happy to help, have a joke with you, or give you a bollocking if you over stepped the line. Looks like the new training modules are too whoop you upside the head if you have the nerve to ask questions & try & push fake charges on you.

I hope this scum bag gets exactly what he deserves

editted to add -

Don't get me wrong there are a few good apples trying to do there job, but with so many bad apples in what seems like every department it looks like the whole fruit pile is going to turn rotten
edit on 25/2/11 by Bun-G because: edit to add

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Theres plenty of good police. Out of thousands in the state you may hear of 10? Hell even 20...that still would leave plenty more good ones. Why don't you complain about construction workers? You know how many fights and serious injuries that occur from fights with them? Multiple times a day. Not to mention how many of them are on drugs. All you hear about is police and military. Let's hear about all of the citizens, why only post instances with police? Don't screw up and you wont have to worry about getting excessive force. You don't know exactly what happened in this case.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Like you said...in the good days cops could give them a bullocking when they over stepped the line. The only reason that's changed is because people like to cry and moan because they can't take blame for their own actions.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You don't hear about construction workers (IE) ect because they are privately employed, police are public servants & they have much more powers than most private sector jobs.

I do agree though, that nowadays in this me me me, i'll sue you for the littlest thing society we live in, the majority is not willing to take responsibilities for their own actions, feeling afronted when anyone points out their errors & are too quick to try to point the fingers of blame at anyone in sight. People need to man the hell up
& take a little responsibility for themselves.

Edit to add - I don't know the full story admittedly, but if you can home to find your son / stepson had commited suicide i'm sure your emotions would be running high. It doesn't the police the right to lay a finger on them, are they not trained to handle these things?
edit on 25/2/11 by Bun-G because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

I can agree...all I am saying is with power, comes corruption. There is no way around it and it will never be fixed. We tend to dwell on the lower percentile of corruption than we do the police who are first responders to multiple car accidents, stop rapes, domestic violence, all day. That's another big problem we have... people only want to focus on one side. You asked me what I would do in that situation? I don't know because I don't know the exact situation. I can tell you I've only been back from Iraq a few months, struggle with PTSD, and own many guns. Whether I would have been right or wrong someone would have died.

top topics

join