It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Field Resonance Propulsion Concept - NASA PDF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I just stumbled across this this interesting PDF titled 'Field Resonance Propulsion Concept" and couldn't see it mentioned anywhere on ATS. I downloaded it directly from the NASA website and you too can download it here: ntrs.nasa.gov...

This PDF is dated August 1979, and they want us to believe those massive chemically powered rockets are the best form of propulsion we have. I simply don't believe it. Here is the first part of the PDF, so much golden information:

FOREWORD

The speculative "propulsion" concept described in this paper was presented at a special session of the 15th Joint AIAA/SAE/ASME Propulsion Conference (June 18-20, 1979), "Propulsion Concepts for Galactic Spacecraft". The concept was developed as the result of private, unofficial research. NASA is not involved in UFO research. However, the research which may be stimulated by this paper could result in the verification of the essential elements of this concept and in feasibility studies concerning the development of a new generation of NASA spacecraft.

Alan C. Holt

ASTRACT

A new "propulsion" concept has been developed based on a proposed resonance
between coherent, pulsed electromagnetic wave forms and gravitational wave forms
(or space-time metrics). Using this concept a spacecraft "propulsion" system
potentially capable of galactic and inter-galactic travel without prohibitive
"travel times" has been designed. The "propulsion" system utilizes recent research
associated with magnetic field line merging, hydromagnetic wave effects,
free-electron lasers, laser generation of megagauss fields, and special structural
and containment metals. Research required to determine potential, field resonance
characteristics and to evaluate various aspects of the spacecraft "propulsion"
design is described.

FIELD RESONANCE "PROPULSION" CONCEPT

ASSUMPTIONS

The field resonance "propulsion" concept has been developed utilizing recent
research into the causes of solar flares, magnetic substorms, black holes, quasars,
and UFOs. The concept is based on two assumptions: (1) Space-time is a "projection"
of a higher dimensional space in much the same way that a hologram is a projection
or a subset of our space-time reality, (2) A relationship exists between electromagnetic/hydromagnetic fields and gravitational fields - that is, Einstein's long
sought for unified field theory can be developed.

Mathematical relationships have been developed and theoretical concepts have been
proposed to describe the causes and effects associated with the above assumptions,
but experimental data is required to develop the correct theoretical basis for the
assumptions (Rachman and Dutheil, 1979). Specific research in a number of areas
is needed and will be described later.

ASTROPHYSICAL RESEARCH

There does exist, however, some astrophysical data which tends to support these
assumptions. For example, astronomers have speculated that a relationship may
exist between black holes and quasars (.white holes). The energy and matter
which leaves space-time in a black hole may reappear at a white hole at some
distant space-time point. For this transfer of energy from one space-time point
to another to occur, some type of hyperspace or higher dimensional space (4th & 5th)
is required.

Assumption 2 may be the cause of the large amount of energy release in solar flares.
In sunspot regions where solar flares occur, the 2-3 thousand gauss magnetic fields
are configured such that the positive and negative polarities are in close proximity
with each other. Where the positive and negative magnetic field lines are nearly
anti-parallel a process called magnetic field line merging can take place. In this
. process the oppositely directed field lines break and re-connect expelling fields
and plasma out the sides (See Figure 1). As a result magnetic energy is converted
into kinetic energy. The magnetic field line merging process has been proposed
as the most likely explanation for solar flare eruptions.

However, some flares can release energy which equals 10% of the sun's total
output in a second. This large amount of energy is difficult to achieve with the
magnetic field line merging concept. Thus it may be that the configuration of the
magnetic fields and associated hydromagnetic waves (oscillation of field lines) may
induce a "resonance" with gravitational fields resulting in a release of gravitational
as well as magnetic energy. It is well known that the geometrical relationships
of the magnetic fields (and thus the field gradients) are more important to the •
production of solar flares that the magnitude of the field strength. A strongly
convoluted boundary between magnetic polarities results in a high probability
for large and frequent flares. Another fact of interest is that hydromagnetic
waves generated by solar flares have been observed to propagate across the
chromospheric surface and trigger flares in other sunspot regions. Alfven waves,
which appear to be the dominate wave form involved, change only the
geometry of the field lines. This effect also indicates that tne initiation of
solar flares definitely depends on geometrical relationships as do the properties
of space-time and gravitational fields.

Magnetic field line merging has also been used to explain the interaction of the
solar wind (and associated fields) with the Earth's magnetic fields at the
magnetopause and tne generation of magnetic substorms which often are triggered
by solar flares (See Figure 2). .The magnetic field line merging process is also
an essential part of the field resonance "propulsion"concept.

UFO RESEARCH

UFO studies indicate that the unexplained (residual) UFO phenomena may be due to
extraterrestrial visitors, parapsychological experiences, or a combination of the two.
If some UFO phenomena are caused by extraterrestrial visitors in very advanced
spacecraft, then the frequency of visits and the large number of different types
of visitors (many different humanoids have been described) imply an ability to
cross large stretches of galactic and inter-galactic space in relatively short
time frames.

If the speed of light is a true limit of velocity in space-time, then the potential
extraterrestrial visitors must utilize a form of transportation which transcends
space and time to keep the trip times short. .UFOs are often observed to disappear
instantaneously. In a subset of these cases,the UFO later reappears at a nearby
location implying a disappearance from and a reappearance into space-time.

The high speed, right angle turns, abrupt stops or accelerations of UFOs, and the
absence of sonic booms despite calculated speeds of 22,000 mph or more suggest that
UFOs may generate an artificial gravitational field or otherwise use properties
of space-time which we are not familiar with, UFO propulsion systems appear to
involve electromagnetic or hydromagnetic processes as evidenced by radiative
effects on the environment such as burns, dehydration, stopping of automobile
engines, TV and radio disruption, melting or alteration of ground and road
surfaces, power disruptions, and static electricity effects. This data suggests
that the unknown relationship between electromagnetic and gravitational fields
may be used in UFO propulsion systems.

edit on 24-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This excerpt is dedicated to the guy who was saddened due to some people at NASA saying we will never reach other star systems. It seems some people at NASA can think beyond such small mindedness:

HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT OF PROPULSION CONCEPT

The concept of transcending space-time for interstellar and intergalactic
travel was felt to be a viable possibility based solely on theoretical
studies in physics and 'astrophysics and UFO studies. But with the postulation
and potential discovery of black holes, the potential for experimental
support for this concept in the near future has been established. Astronomers
have already speculated on the possiblity that the mass and energy absorbed
by a black hole may reappear in white holes or quasars. For mass and energy
to be transported from one space-time point to another without an observable
connection implies some form of higher dimensional space transcending
space-time as we know it.The existence of a higher dimensional space
would open up new space travel" possibilities since the connections between
space-time points through this hyperspace could involve laws much different
than those which are so constraining in space-time. For example, if each
space-tine point can be assumed to be unique and if a relationship does
exist between gravitational and electromagnetic fields, then each spacetime
point defined by a geometric form(Einstein's tensor metric) would
be expected to have natural resonances with certain electro/hydro magnetic
wave forms(geometric forms) which are(effectively) higher or lower harmonics
of that space-time point(which is a"projection"of the higher dimensional
space).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Wow, 1979, I didn't realize they were thinking about these kinds of theories back then. I have always felt that there must be other propulsion systems NASA could have been implementing instead of rockets. The rocket tech is just so outdated. I could see that for the early moon lauches it made sense since that's what they were focusing on since the war, but in this day and age there has to be alternatives. Good thread, S&F.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Printing it now to read later. Nice find, S&F!

And a bump.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So they finally reversed engineered a crude form of gravity drive?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So they finally reversed engineered a crude form of gravity drive?
Haha, that about sums it up, except by my estimation they achieved it 30 years ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing that paper to our attention. Perhaps it is the "in plain sight smoking gun." So that at some point they can pull it out and say, "See, we told you already we were working on this stuff all along."

At this time, I can verify that Alan Hart is or was a real person in the Houston area. I communicated with him about UFOs and an article in some magazine he did or was featured in about this concept around the time of this paper. He sent me several pages of something(!) that I'll unearth and check out anew. I'm unclear after all of this time about what was his connection, if any, to NASA.

Of course, in this abstract, I detect a striking similarity between a means of travel beyond our solar system and the hints that Ben Rich and also Lockheed's president said along the same line about the capabilities that we already had in hand in those days. Such "wild" talk goes far beyond simply talking about UFO power plants useable for putt-putting around the solar system.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

NASA is not involved in UFO research.

Lulz on that

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Haha, I know. They're like, "never mind the fact we're talking about 'unofficial research' and UFO Research, we don't actually research UFO's".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I looked up my early correspondance with Alan C. Holt. His theory in a shortened version was published in Science Digest May 1982 as "Starcraft." We had a short exchange of letters that June and he sent me a longer version of his article.

As of 2009, he was still working for NASA. He has been a very active member of the UFO community, MUFON, etc. His business bio is here:

www.zoominfo.com...

edit on 24-2-2011 by Aliensun because: Undoubted, somebody will appear to say that concept is old stuff, "move along...."

edit on 24-2-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why hasn't Alan Holt written anything further about his propulsion mechanism since 1979?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
Why hasn't Alan Holt written anything further about his propulsion mechanism since 1979?

I need to give you other reasons?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
I looked up my early correspondance with Alan C. Holt. His theory in a shortened version was published in Science Digest May 1982 as "Starcraft." We had a short exchange of letters that June and he sent me a longer version of his article.

As of 2009, he was still working for NASA. He has been a very active member of the UFO community, MUFON, etc. His business bio is here:

www.zoominfo.com...

edit on 24-2-2011 by Aliensun because: Undoubted, somebody will appear to say that concept is old stuff, "move along...."

Could you share with us this article he sent you?

I read his paper a while ago and I've been curious as to why there haven't been any breakthrough propulsion researchers expanding on his ideas or why Alan himself hasn't published anything recently. It is honestly the most unique proposal I've heard in terms of interstellar propulsion.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Unfortunately, any serious space travel to our galactic neighbors at any round percentage of light speed is a one way trip for the travelers. To the travelers going say 50% light speed time would pass for them much slower than it will to earthbound observers, so the travelers would rapidly project to the future compared to the passage of time back on earth, as we on earth wait years and years to get reports back from the travelers who only experience weeks go by, there soon will become a serious time discrepancy to the point that the travelers will be in contact with their earth base thousands of years after they left.

Any serious galactic travel would necessitate great speeds, and great speeds would mean it is a one way trip for the travelers because C is constant, and I have yet heard a plausible explanation for travel BACK in time, one can only go to the future, you can't get back.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Let me illustrate the point I make about time travel. Sorry if this is way off topic,

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Combining this thoery with Dr. Harold White's research and the Albourrie Drive make it feasible.
The problem is finding the harmonics of the free electrons in the universe, so how about we start with the idea that the frequency wil change at the speed of light so we need to travel faster then the speed with energy transmission to move matter at all. If it's impossible, you don't exist. Sincerely, Chef Evans

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
tss...

Like ive said in other threads..

Just because we dont KNOW how...
Doesnt mean its impossible.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Aliensun

www.zoominfo.com...

How do I contact Alan C. Holt?! I would very much like to speak with him about what he has said... It could be very important...

Look at me making sugar out of arsenic... It IS very important...
edit on 1/20/2014 by jerrylee22 because: Too sweet

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Where the positive and negative magnetic field lines are nearly
anti-parallel a process called magnetic field line merging can take place. In this
. process the oppositely directed field lines break and re-connect expelling fields
and plasma out the sides (See Figure 1). As a result magnetic energy is converted
into kinetic energy. The magnetic field line merging process has been proposed
as the most likely explanation for solar flare eruptions.

However, some flares can release energy which equals 10% of the sun's total
output in a second. This large amount of energy is difficult to achieve with the
magnetic field line merging concept. Thus it may be that the configuration of the
magnetic fields and associated hydromagnetic waves (oscillation of field lines) may
induce a "resonance" with gravitational fields resulting in a release of gravitational
as well as magnetic energy. It is well known that the geometrical relationships
of the magnetic fields (and thus the field gradients) are more important to the •

The man who made coral castle I believe used these principals with his magnetic flywheel to manipulate gravity.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
wow.. this is huge.
Can you believe Nasa has something on their website that says: ''UFO studies indicate that the unexplained (residual) UFO phenomena may be due to
extraterrestrial visitors, parapsychological experiences, or a combination of the two. '' ???
And it isn't all over the news ?
Anyway this hydrodynamic wave and stuff sounds very very familiar.
At the disclosure project conference there was a guy's statement that was anonymous cause he's still workign in the field. His name was given as Dr. B. and it goes something like this:

“Dr. B.”[32] (name withheld since he still works in this area) is a scientist and engineer who has worked on top-secret projects almost all his life. Over the years he has directly worked on or had involvement with such projects involving anti-gravity, chemical warfare, secure telemetry and communications, extremely high-energy space based laser systems, and electromagnetic pulse technology.

“Anti-gravity. As a matter of fact, I used to go out to the Hughes in Malibu. They had a big think tank up there. Big anti-gravity projects; I used to talk to them out there. I’d give them ideas, because they bought all my equipment. But the American public will never, never hear about that.” . . . “This flying disc has a little plutonium reactor in it, which creates electricity, which drives these anti-gravity plates. We also have the next level of propulsion, it is called virtual field, which are called hydrodynamic waves…”

Make you think and connect the dots. How long have private ''unofficial'' LOL think tanks known about this ?
And nasa make statements today about puny pathetic ion drives. Come on. This all proves, AGAIN, the saying that the army is 30 years ahead on anything.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Choice777 because: added glitter

edit on 19-7-2015 by Choice777 because: added more glitter, can't go wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join