It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch Volcanic Eruption Looms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Of course not because thats where the CEDAR station is!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OK guys...
I live in Akaroa!
Yes it was active 3-6mill years ago... and it is of the type that doesnt get classed as extinct.
My great uncle in 1900 along with many other local fishermen often witnessed boiling water off Onawe (the southern/eastern side) this was also witnessed in the 1960's my several local people.
I dont know if this has anything to do with volcanic activity or if it is just a vent/fissure or whatever...
What I can tell you is they(not sure if this is a uni or a research team) are currently monitoring the temperature of the water.

Nothings' ever a surprise people ! (except the 7.1 in september!!! Stupid ass earthquakes are driving us all crazy ! )

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is my first reply here so please go easy on me

I have read most of the posts here in regard to volcanic activity in Chrischurch etc. The way I see it and I am not skilled in this area, but do take a keen interest in earth quakes and volcanic eruptions and the like.
I think if there was any chance the two old volcanic sites near Christchurch coming alive the people in the know with the right gear would of seen patterns leading to this.
I know some have said in past posts that it is unlikely to happen but if ever it did there would be notice of it happening as there are warning signs. I live in the North Island in the middle of volcanic zone, we have small to meduim quakes on a regular basis, the big ones thankfully are not very often.
It seems to be a very fine line between people voicing concerns to getting the general public staying awake at night with fear mongering. I think people mostly are on the right track with their concerns and with people in any area of the world with volcanic activity if they see something out of the ordinary they need to contact the right people to study it so it can be found out if a threat or not. Going to the news or radio is the wrong way to go.
As for the North Island of NZ, I do believe we all will be told if such activity is happening again, which it will as this is the nature of our country, it is just harder to say when and where the quakes will be.
I feel there are many people on the right track with learning this, and I wish they could all work together instead of some experts rubbishing what some people are finding. Not everyone who is studying earthequakes will be right, but with all the information that people have around the world who are studying them, professional or not, each bit of information just may go together like a jig saw. I feel there the are warning signs for earthquakes, like a red sky at night mostly means fine or red in the morning is rain. There are many types of warning signs with nature that people know, it is just finding these warning signs that will help let people know in time.
If people read this and it makes you think then at that is the start, can you find the next peice of the jig saw.....I am looking,
if you read my first post and not got bored, I thank you and hope I can add more in time

<< 1  2   >>

join