It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Metallic Disc UFO over Key West, Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Published: 10:38 AM 2/21/2011
Key West, Florida - 02-16-11

The video below was taken on February 16, 2011 in Key West, Florida, at 1:24 PM.

The object moves across the screen very quickly at normal speed, but the videographer slows it down so you can clearly see the unknown.

Various filters are also used to enhance the object, which appears to be a disc-shaped object of metallic structure.

Many conventional, airborne objects can easily be ruled out.

Go here to see video.

i looked for this video with key words but I didn't find anything, So I thought I would post it on here. The video is not on youtube so i had to give a link to the site in order for everyone to view it.

The object appears to move in a straight line, and in the comments below in the link people are saying it appears to be dropping orbs.

Also, other think that it could be a hubcap, which I do not believe it to be. I'm not really to sure what it is and neither are the people on the site, and well if you want an explanation for a video, you bring it to ATS, we will usually get to the bottom of it.

So anyone have a better idea of what this could be or is it a UFO?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
UFO means Unidentified Flying Object.

So technically yes, this is a UFO currently until we Identify it.

One thing I noticed was bizarre about the video, is that the object appears to change shape quite a bit. Strange indeed.

At first I thought it was a bird but at closer looks it does seem to contradict my initial guesstimates.

So I cannot identify it sorry. The footage is not good enough, and it does not resemble anything other than possibly a hang glider. But there are reasons why I do not feel it is that either...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So anyone have a better idea of what this could be or is it a UFO?

I think it looks about as much like a bird as anything. Close up, blurred bird. Nothing about the video makes me think it could be anything else.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's moving pretty fast. Pretty sure it's not a bird from looking at the zoomed in footage. Could easily be a physical hoax where someone threw a frisbee. I wish there was more background on where the footage came from. It's suspicious the camera is just on a tripod filming an island, but there might be a good reason.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
when i was overseas on a recent "persian excursion", when the tomahawks went by they looked just like that, but here was a weird exhaust signature. zzzzzhzhhhhhhhhrrrrooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

just like this video at 01:10

tomahawk missle

those are great pics!

good find!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Just more Spring Break party aliens, they came early this year!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the other thing that i noticed was the sonic(?) "flutter" right near the end of the clip...

almost like a little puff of smoke

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
when i was overseas on a recent "persian excursion", when the tomahawks went by they looked just like that, but here was a weird exhaust signature. zzzzzhzhhhhhhhhrrrrooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

just like this video at 01:10

tomahawk missle

those are great pics!

good find!

Tomahawks are subsonic cruise missles. I believe the videographer got lucky and filmed a test of the Navy's supersonic cruise missle, the answer to Russia's "Sunburn". The last frame showed air vortices behind the object. I read about it recently and I am searching for the link.
Edit: found this on Wiki. en.wikipedia.org...(Missile)
I'd hang on to this video.
edit on 23-2-2011 by NightFlight because: More info.

WOW this was kinda sorta blocked quickly. Takes the reader to a bunch of "ArcLights" and then the reader has to search for the correct one. Reader, good luck!
edit on 23-2-2011 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Nope, you're all wrong. That was a drunken college clown (who knows more than you ever will and you owe him his due) on a Sea-Do after hitting some driftwood while traveling at a rather high rate of speed. Now of course, this particular student is against trans-fats and is studying to be an attorney for illegal aliens, which is appropriate to the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
As mentioned above, anything that flies and you cannot tell what it is, is UFO

Unindetified Flying Object

If i throw my shoe at you and you can't tell whats flying, it's an UFO
simple as that, these days people can't tell between UFO and a flying saucer,
its somehow tangled together in back of everyone's head...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nupster

Originally posted by Nupster
As mentioned above, anything that flies and you cannot tell what it is, is UFO

Unindetified Flying Object

If i throw my shoe at you and you can't tell whats flying, it's an UFO
simple as that, these days people can't tell between UFO and a flying saucer,
its somehow tangled together in back of everyone's head...

True enough in most instances....A solid argument in some...

But in a Forum called Aliens and UFO's, on a discussion board named Above Top Secret, common sense would be enough for most to understand what we're looking for here....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

That's mind of what I meant by UFO, if we rule out all the normal possibilites, then it is a UFO. I just wanted to know if we could possibly identify it is, that's all.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but it looks to me like the shot was set up.This throws a red flag out there for me.
If I were to take a guess I would say a clay pigeon launched in front of a tripod.
In any event it looks very close,out of focus, and way too small to have any aliens at the controls.
A true UFO.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Looked kinda far off and what appeared to be a sonic boom or boost,
but I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Would a clay pigeon give off what appears to be a sonic boom? It does look like one at the end. I think it looks more like a missile than anything else.

Pred....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Impossible to say what it is but my money is on a bird or insect close to the camera.

The speed was such that the camera speed elongates it so what you are seeing isn't wide at all, UFO yes but craft or space ship, no.....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Looks to me like the video is from this web cam: www.floridakeyswebcams.tv...

Key West Naval Air Station is obviously based in Key West. Fighter jets out of NAS Boca Chica airport just a few miles away to the East blast around the area quite frequently on their training missions The object is generally flying East to West. Most of the fighter training is conducted to the West of Key West. The particular track the object is taking does not appear to me as a regular route for the jets, though. I have lived in Key West since 1986 so know a little about the area. If somebody knew who to contact at the NAS they could probably confirm or deny fighter jet activity at that day and time.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I was born in Key West and have lived here my entire life,I am 54,and since I was young this town and the Florida keys has been a Hotspot for ufo activity. It has also been used for many secret "Black Projects"such as the space plane, designed to take the place of the space shuttle. Boca Chica was probably chosen because once an aircraft takes off it is over water, and most likely wont be spotted, it has been said that the Aurora has also been flying out of there. One aircraft was so secret that the entire hangar was shrink wrapped until it was ready to take off. I myself have been out in the boat off of Dry Tortugas, 68 miles west of Key West,and have seen the "doughnuts on a rope" contrail in the sky. that is what the Aurora is known to make due to its pulse drive propulsion.I know some people may make this into a joke, but believe me it is for real!
edit on 1-3-2011 by nightfly77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join