It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Daily Show Tortures a Camel in Madison, WI

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So your bitching about how lame the left is for how often and skillfully they manufacturer outrage and then you do the same stupid thing your crying about all while using a story which is pretty much one big giant lie.
Hmmm...do you know what a hypocrit is?

You are a perfect example of the kind of people that are ruining this country and its politics for the rest of us. Jesus christ man do you even read what you type? The hypocrisy is almost maddening.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
what kind of idiots these people are? is journalism leading animals to suffer? they should be fired right now and be replaced with people in need.

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutante
what kind of idiots these people are? is journalism leading animals to suffer? they should be fired right now and be replaced with people in need.

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The Daily Show is a comedy show on a comedy channel.
No actual journalists were harmed during that taping.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, I did get a laugh out of this.

Sadly it wasn't the camel that caused my laughter, it was everyones response.

A camel in the snow, and somehow it turns into a knock-down, drag-out fight over right vs left politics.
You gotta admit, that's pretty funny.

Thankfully the camel is ok. But many of the posters here? I am not sure I could say they are "ok"....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well, I did get a laugh out of this.

Sadly it wasn't the camel that caused my laughter, it was everyones response.

A camel in the snow, and somehow it turns into a knock-down, drag-out fight over right vs left politics.
You gotta admit, that's pretty funny.

Thankfully the camel is ok. But many of the posters here? I am not sure I could say they are "ok"....

Actually this thread is pretty much normal and fits in with other ATS threads.

1. OP makes a bombastic statement in the title which is also an exaggeration and an outright lie
2. First wave of people that only viewed this thread because it had the name of a show they love to hate in the title
3. First wave of people blindly agree and support that the statement is correct without even going into details
4. Second wave of people that are apparently smart enough to see this is only anger mongering thread are posting
5. OP tries to defend himself while everyone else (first wave of people) stay quiet due to them realizing what this thread really is.

Standard procedure on ATS if you ask me.

On topic: OP why did you purposely write 'torture' in the title?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Pretty good assesment.

Sometimes the second wave takes a while to get here because you pretty know what to expect when you do see a title like this. Who it's from and why.

To the OP's defense, for Breaking Alternative News, the headline must appear exactly as it is portrayed in the news article the OP is using. In this case it came from The Weekly Standard. There is, however, usually some choice about which article to pick, and that is usually an interesting peek into the mind of the OP in itself.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
4. Second wave of people that are apparently smart enough to see this is only anger mongering thread are posting

Thankfully it only took until the sixth post for the second wave to get here. Then again that may be too long considering the simplicity of this story.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Perhaps it's a skill to be able to gain so much humor from so many sources.

A skill? Perhaps. Much in the same way bliss may be derived from ignorance.

I never said morons werent happy people.

I enjoy many things in life. Laughing at monkeys throwing feces isnt one of them. Pity me if you must but rest assured I feel no sorrow for my plight.

You seem to think that rectitude is a priority over happiness. Indeed, rectitude is simply a tactic at attaining happiness, though it's often mistaken with the goal.

I get joy from everything I run into... It is a skill to be happy. Don't believe me? Just look at all the unhappy people in the world... not many have attained to this level of skill.

Sounds like you may be one of those.

edit on 24-2-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Thankfully it only took until the sixth post for the second wave to get here. Then again that may be too long considering the simplicity of this story.

Yup. Better late than never I suppose.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thats nothing.

Wait till you see the video of O'Reilly waterboarding a meercat.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Rectitude is no requirement of mine. If it were I imagine I would take great joy in the self-righteous, message-laden humor of the Daily Show since it took it's political slide all those years ago.

Trouble is night after night it's simply the same joke over and over. Much like MacFarlane's products. Essentially the same joke told the same way with the same punchline over and over. They dress it up on occasion and alter the pitch and tone of delivery from time to time but the anatomy of the joke is the same night after night.

There are far better things to occupy my time.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Some times familiarity can bring a joyful sense of normalcy. I don't disagree that there are many elements of similarity, but there are also those unique moments and what a chance to see a different perspective on guests such as last nights Donald Rumsfeld...

We simply have different tastes it appears.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join