It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Daily Show Tortures a Camel in Madison, WI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Sort of reminds you of the manufactured rage that prevailed over the left towards Sarah Palin when Representative Gabrielle Giffords got shot in Tucson, AZ, doesn't it? I actually remember hearing people I thought I respected saying Palin targeted Giffords on purpose (over 6 months before the shooting). Makes sense doesn't it?

Oh yeah. This is EXACTLY like the shooting in AZ.

It is a shame this many people had to die for some "comedy" skit. Comedy Central should be outlawed.

What's that Jethro Tull song again? Oh yeah, "Thick As A Brick". Some people's brain synapses just do not communicate.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I used to like the Daily Show. Now it frustrates me because it's just as useless to watch as any mainstream news and at least 10X worse than a non-"news" comedy show just because it relies on politics for its humor.

By getting wrapped up in trying to send political messages they have become the same stupidity that they make fun of every day.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonskie
Americans

Well, John Oliver sounds an awful lot like a Brit to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
Er... what skit are you referring to?

It was sarcasm because Ferris.Bueller.II compared the shooting in Arizona to this story.

Reading comprehension is a key skill in life. I compared this to the left's manufactured rage after the Arizona shootings. I know that misdirection is a 'skill' the left like to use when they are called onto the carpet, but it will not fly in the long run.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I remember when it was still Kilborn's show. Nowhere near the amount of politics and it was funny as hell.

I havent been able to watch an episode in over a decade. It's like watching Bill O'Reilly only less funny.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Reading comprehension is a key skill in life. I compared this to the left's manufactured rage after the Arizona shootings. I know that misdirection is a 'skill' the left like to use when they are called onto the carpet, but it will not fly in the long run.

I underlined the key word here. Unless this is about a camel shooting?

Logic would be a key skill here.

What was all that rage over the AZ shooting about? The shooting where all the people got shot and died. What was that rage about again? Part of it had to do with the people getting shot and the people dying.

What is this manufactured rage about? The camel hurting its leg? Not even sure the leg is even actually hurt. Do you know what happened in Arizona?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well I pity you, as I get all sorts of levity from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Perhaps it's a skill to be able to gain so much humor from so many sources.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Reading comprehension is a key skill in life.

You're getting defensive. Just admit you posted a stupid story. No need to defend your ego by insulting others.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Daily show rocks. This story carries no weight. Nuff' said

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

class all the way!

HAHAHA

have a nice day

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Perhaps it's a skill to be able to gain so much humor from so many sources.

A skill? Perhaps. Much in the same way bliss may be derived from ignorance.

I never said morons werent happy people.

I enjoy many things in life. Laughing at monkeys throwing feces isnt one of them. Pity me if you must but rest assured I feel no sorrow for my plight.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You posted a story trying to incite anger toward daily show. (Don't attempt to deny it, your words are very specific)
You assumed that animal lovers everywhere, would jump on your bandwagon. When this didn't happen and people pointed out the ridiculousness of your thread, you instantly resort to insults?

You could save some face here, and just admit that you had a knee jerk reaction, that was completely ridiculous. OR.... you could try and justify your use of wording while insulting people.

Lets see what road you decide to travel.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

You posted a story trying to incite anger toward daily show. (Don't attempt to deny it, your words are very specific)
You assumed that animal lovers everywhere, would jump on your bandwagon. When this didn't happen and people pointed out the ridiculousness of your thread, you instantly resort to insults?

You could save some face here, and just admit that you had a knee jerk reaction, that was completely ridiculous. OR.... you could try and justify your use of wording while insulting people.

Lets see what road you decide to travel.

The first thing I thought when I saw the original story was "manufactured rage", just as what happened towards Palin after the Arizona shootings. I wanted to see how others would respond to it, and quite a few saw exactly the same thing. Now, I know you're probably having a difficult time comprehending this, but that's it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

OK. I didn't know your brain could only process one word per thought process. I understand your confusion now.

Clearly you've lost it. You can't accept that your attempt to incite anger failed so you feel you need to personally attack those who point out the fact that your thread is stupid. Very mature.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
wow a camel getting caught in the fence...I'm sure i'd be offended if they chopped its head off, cut it up, and cooked it right in front of the camera...but otherwise I think the title Daily Show Tortures a Camel is a little sensationalist and rediculous...camels CAN walk in snow for your information because it wasn't even the snow that tripped this camel up...reading you're OP made us all dumber just for reading it and anybody who bought into your attempt at a smear is plainly needed on the special bus today

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

"Hard time comprehending" Really? Now your going to attack me?

Surprised none of the ardent "The Daily Show" followers have posted this up yet. Why does this not surprise me that there would be no mention of this?

"None of the ardent"

Claiming you were "testing" your audience? wow... So you really can't even comprehend your own intentions?

Look through the posts my friend... The general consensus is pretty clear. Yet you still grasp onto insults and ignorance.

After your thread and your responses, I am not surprised that you are unable to "man up" and admit that you are an over dramatic. I am also not surprised that insults are your only response.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Lol @ article from the OP. "No Joke!!" lmao.

OP: Why did you write torture when you already know there is none, if not to purposely incite anger towards the show?
edit on 23-2-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I feel bad for the poor Camel. I don't know that you can call it torture based on what is seen in the video....

But at the same time, it is clearly scared and not wanting to be there or cooperate...

I suspect that the people at The Daily show had purely the best of intentions... and... I think at the same time, they did not think it out at all...

Do I have a problem with The Daily Show using a Camel, or rather, attempting to use a Camel for a sketch like this? No, I guess I really don't...

I.....don't really know what else to say.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

OK. I didn't know your brain could only process one word per thought process. I understand your confusion now.

Interesting response. I guess instead of addressing what I said, trying to insult me personally should work for you. I have a word for you. "SNOW"

Who knew that an animal indigenous to the Middle East couldn't walk on snow and ice in the Midwest?

Reading comprehension is a key skill in life.

Yeah, good luck with all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join