It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul reminder: The Federal Reserve is the real culprit behind our economic woes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
New article by Ron Paul, which serves as a reminder to what's really going on with the economy, and why the Federal Reserve and big government are the ones who caused it..

Without the Federal Reserve's massive expansion of credit throughout the 1990s and early 2000s, there could have been no excessive borrowing or explosion of subprime lending. Through easy credit, the Fed initiated the economic boom that created the dot-com bubble. When that bubble burst the Fed pumped additional liquidity into the system, which led to a new boom that created the housing bubble. And now the Fed's additional trillions of dollars in monetary pumping is creating yet another bubble. This is the exact opposite of stability in the marketplace and has nothing to do with free markets. It is central economic planning at its worst.

It's the Federal Reserve; It's the Federal Reserve; It's the Federal Reserve... That short statement cannot be repeated enough times. It's the Federal Reserve and all other central banks with their fractional reserve systems that are the real culprits behind all economic problems. He goes on to explain:

It is imperative that the historic record accurately reflect what actually happened. In the popular press we see columnists attempting to blame the financial crisis on the "small-government," "free-market" policies of President Bush. Hundreds of billions of dollars in stimulus payments, a $700 billion bailout program, and trillions of dollars of Federal Reserve credit facilities hardly represent small-government and free-market principles in action! On the contrary, these government interventions by both major parties demonstrate quite clearly our nation’s acceptance of crony capitalism.

Check out his article:

Central Economic Planning at Its Worst

edit on 23-2-2011 by TheBandit795 because: Fixed the title

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's the Federal Reserve.

Well, yeah. Of course it is. I wish people could see how brainwashed they are.

It is so bad that Ron Pauls common sense passes for brilliance. He is right, it is just that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they do to us and have done to us.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ron Paul is the chairman of the comittee that oversees The fed now.. He is in the best position to make a change or outright end the fed. He has the cameras and the publics attention when he called for an audit of the fed.

Time to put up or shut up in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I just hope he doesn't end up in a box, under dirt.

Powerful people he's messing with.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by butcherguy

Ron Paul is the chairman of the comittee that oversees The fed now.. He is in the best position to make a change or outright end the fed. He has the cameras and the publics attention when he called for an audit of the fed.

Time to put up or shut up in my opinion.

He still needs the support of the congress to make any radical changes..
That's not likely to happen with a "bought and paid for" congress..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know Ron Paul's lie. It wasn't the Federal Reserve.

More people were involved in making the decision to do what they did. From the Clinton's "Quadrennial Defense Review" to gut DOD/VA and use those hundreds of Billions to buy off Dictators to keep getting oil....

The people of this nation were robbed. An entire Generation was robbed. They would have been better off if we were ripped from the oil nipple. Why?

They'd have homes over their heads that were paid for. The Generation right now will NEVER pay off the home they now have. I used to be a Paulbot. I sent him money.

Then one day I realized what they did. THIEVES. Hope you enjoy driving those new cars and living yer luxury lives Baby Boomers.....you turned out to be the most greedy generation humankind has ever witnessed.

The world will never forgive America from what it did once they realize what happened. Yer gonna have to annihilate most of mankind with some kind of plague/virus/war/disaster....and Ron Paul will be right there signing his name agreeing to the order.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Holy crap, what are you on about? Ron Paul supports drilling for domestic oil/getting off of foreign oil. The reason most people can't pay off their homes is direcly because of the Federal Reserve. Fractional reserve banking and the printing of unbacked currency has cause our dollar/labor/compensation to be worthless compared to what it was before the Fed and ending gold standard based currency.

new topics

top topics

join