It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ret. Col. Says UFOs Are Real, but Denies Government Cover-Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Ret. Col. Says UFOs Are Real, but Denies Government Cover-Up

www.aolnews.com

Retired Col. John Alexander, using his military savvy and high security clearance, spent a quarter of a century going through the top levels of the U.S. government and military searching for the group of people who were allegedly responsible for UFO information and the supposedly decades-old UFO cover-up.
His conclusions: Not only is there no such group and no cover-up, but disclosure about UFOs has already occurred on different official levels. I've got stacks of generals, including Soviet generals, who've come out and said UFOs are real. My point is, how many times do senior officials need to come forward and say this is real?" Alexander told AOL News.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-2-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Something move in "high chambers"?
The "Extraterrestrial Issue" has become a MSM main subject?
This statement: ...disclosure about UFOs has already occurred on different official levels....

What now?
Maybe The MSM worldwide they must ask official explanations in this matter and allow a soft a Disclosure with the masses around the world.

TO MOD: FEEL FREE TO MOVE IN APPROPRIATE FORUM.
www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is not in the best interest of the government to make statements of disclosures on the possibilities of extraterrestrial life, the main reason is religion, all religions.

But is better to leave it to the public to speculate and create conspiracies.

That is why the government doesn't really have to cover up anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is not in the best interest of the government to make statements of disclosures on the possibilities of extraterrestrial life, the main reason is religion, all religions.

But is better to leave it to the public to speculate and create conspiracies.

That is why the government doesn't really have to cover up anything.

The Vatican is ready for Disclosure.

It is, in my opinion, an ECONOMIC issue... in particular.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooook, if there is no cover-up, and they havent been hiding "found" knowledge from us, then where in the pratel is the photos and videos, that they have in possesion? Let us "all" see, what they have seen, so we can come to conclusions based on facts instead of simply an overwhelming amount of "circumstancial" evidence, that we currently have. Private citizens all over the world have photos and videos, and even knowing there is a certain "stigma" attached to coming forward sometimes, they still seem to share with us. This smells funny to me, with all due respect to the Op (flag for you), this guy needs to "show more and speak less".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

My own opinion is that there are many other civilisations out there in the universe. Some good ,some not soo good, some spiritual, some mechanical. Our Universe has been around for a very very long time, and existance has probably been around for infinaty!
Human beings have only been in existance for a split second in comparison.
What the F### do we really know about Being , and what truely is????????????

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What a half-baked article. Loved the part: If it happens again, we'll get nervous, but since it didn't happen, put it aside
They get one (planted-shill) underwear bomber and....change airport security forever!

I agree on one level though, I don't think this knowledge is a given. I think this is really on a "need to know basis' amongst the government/military.

I do believe the POTUS is briefed on it on some level but whether it goes further, I doubt it.

The more they don't say anything, the more confirmation we have that UFOs are real. So, they're really saying a lot by not saying anything at all.

Now....the problem will be, when or if there is an official announcement THEN, we'll have to worry. Because I feel sooner or later they are going to use that platform to blatantly engage in an all out, star wars (although I believe they've been doing that for at least 30 years now).

Interesting times we're all in!
Glad I'll be off this 3rd Rock from the mall.....soon enough. Because I can't imagine what this world will be like in 50 more years. Just the thought scares and sickens me because once the lies, cover ups and agendas are exposed, this might not be a very nice place to call home!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I agree on one level though, I don't think this knowledge is a given. I think this is really on a "need to know basis' amongst the government/military.

I would like to "add" patent office, and what used to be "bell labs"( to govt. and military)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
No cover up, but disclosure has already been made

That's like saying, "There was no such thing as a Remote Viewing Unit, but let me introduce to you Leonard Buchanan of the Army CRV Team

My thoughts, yes they know about them. Just review the demonic activity at Skin Walker Ranch. If they revealed that they have been working with demons for fifty years, how do you think the public will react? "No G_D, No demons" or, "There are demons so there must be a ...."
Surprise! Get the picture?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm glad you posted this article. I just read it and was about to post it here, but did a search first. It does amaze me how past open disclosure statements such as the one by Harry Truman, "I can assure you the flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on Earth", goes by seemingly unnoticed. Why do we react this way? Was it because there was an air of kookiness associated with UFOs that his statement failed to make a dent? Were we waiting for the news at 6:00 to roll out footage of the military unveiling a real downed UFO and it's crew?? What will it take, something really concrete ( or metal!) and visible??

top topics

join