It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-minister says Gadhafi ordered Lockerbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ex-minister says Gadhafi ordered Lockerbie

www.google.com

Swedish tabloid Expressen says Libya's ex-justice minister claims Moammar Gadhafi personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people in 1988.

Expressen on Wednesday quoted Mustafa Abdel-Jalil as telling their correspondent in Libya that "I have proof that Gadhafi gave the order about Lockerbie." He didn't describe the proof.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised by this? The amount of circumstantial and direct physical evidence tying the Libyan regime to the downing of Pan Am 103 was always substantial: the Swiss Mebo timers traced back to Libya and the West German nightclub bombing, the clothing fragments, etcetera. Is this latest admission the definitive nail in the coffin?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It means the previous British government should be tried for treason. Majority of arms deal occurred under the Labour administration, too.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I agree that the evidence was there for years to point the finger at Gaddafi for the Lockerbie bombing but isn't it a bit convenient that the evidence comes out now that they are trying over throw him?

If it is true, I welcome this disclosure, but I hope that there is evidence to back up this claim, or else it can do more harm than good.

I welcome democratic/representative movements wherever they take place, and whether or not those movements happen to agree with my beliefs.

Power to the people, always! But remember, true democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner...

There need to be checks and balances to mitigate any decisions to prevent persecution of any minority.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We discussed the Lockerbie deal on the Politics show yesterday, and now one day later an official who bailed on Qaddafi drops this bombshell. I agree that it isn't much of a surprise, what are the odds that those complicit in the coverup, and those who continue to capitalize on their oil relationship will be brought out into the open?

I doubt it.. I can see this new info being used to justify intervention by a foreign military backed by the UN.

It really is all about the oil isn't it?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well, the deal to release al-Megrahi certainly seems to be based more on commercial interests than justice.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Yes, the dude had weeks to live and was released in a supposed mercy move to allow him to die at home..

He must have gotten a fresh prognosis since he is still alive and kicking going on 2 years later..

It's a miracle I say!!!

new topics

top topics

join