It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-Fi Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So how many Sci-Fi geeks do we have out there? I am one! What is your favorite Sci-Fi series or movie??

My favorite Sci-Fi series is Stargate SG-1 followed closely by Dr. Who.

I would love to meet other fans of these shows!

So tell me, whats your fave and why? :-)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Firefly, and why did they cancel it??

edit on 23-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oh and my why is because it seems realistic and I would love to live that life. And Nathan Fillion is a legend.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

ohhhh! Firefly! YES I know, why oh why did they cancel?? My favorite is Stargate!

and my why is because I wish I could be a member of SG-1! How awesome would it be to be able to instantaneously travel to another world? meet other species? just WOW! It would be so awesome!
edit on 2/23/2011 by undiscoveredsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Same! I was a huge fan of all the stargate series, totally addicted! ....although I haven't actually watched much tv in a while now.

What's the most similar type of series to the likes of stargate? I could do with something new to watch!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Yes that would be cool, its like we have discovered the fun things about earth. When need to see new stuff and get different perspectives on why we are here.

Do you know any more like firefly? I was searching lately for good Sci-Fi movies/shows, but there are not a lot of great ones.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Battlestar Galactica! My favorite sci-fi series by far, and one of the best series of the 21st century!

2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Farscape, Babylon 5, and Andromeda.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Same! I was a huge fan of all the stargate series, totally addicted! ....although I haven't actually watched much tv in a while now.

What's the most similar type of series to the likes of stargate? I could do with something new to watch!

Have you watched Stargate Atlantis? It's pretty good. You could try Dr. Who (the newer one not the old one) I also liked Earth Final Conflict. I usually borrow the full series from my local library!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

Excellent!! Thankies...I'll take a look into those. I used to hate having to wait for the next episode of stargate...I much prefer to watch as many as I like, back to back. If these are any good, I may need to get the box sets

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Yup, I think I seen every episode and films of the stargates. I know lots talk about Dr.Who, but I have never even seen one episode. Maybe I'm missing out!
Thanks for the suggestions

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Doctor Who
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
Six Million Dollar Man

Stargate SG1
Farscape
Blake's 7
Space 1999

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Babylon 5 was an amazing series - touched on everything from pollution, revolution, and even religion five stars

Stargate (all series) - great show, kinda goes along with some of sitchens stuff. made me think, still does i am a fan of all the re-runs. BTW did you know Universe is ending this season??

Another BTW.... Falling skies coming soon to TNT

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

Excellent!! Thankies...I'll take a look into those. I used to hate having to wait for the next episode of stargate...I much prefer to watch as many as I like, back to back. If these are any good, I may need to get the box sets

Yep same here I lose track and interest of what's going on, I only watch shows when I have the entire season.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No one's mentioned .....drum roll.....Buck Rogers!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hope4better
Babylon 5 was an amazing series - touched on everything from pollution, revolution, and even religion five stars

Stargate (all series) - great show, kinda goes along with some of sitchens stuff. made me think, still does i am a fan of all the re-runs. BTW did you know Universe is ending this season??

Another BTW.... Falling skies coming soon to TNT

I havent seen one episode of stargate universe yet, I have heard mixed reviews about it though! Should I look into a full series? Is it just one series?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I loved watching stargate, Starting from the first movie till the end of the series. Tho I did not like stargate universe at all. Dr. Who is great also
edit on 23-2-2011 by prone because: Wrong name lol

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I always thought that Bablyon 5 was one of the best I've ever seen.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My favorite of all time is Stargate, Stargate Atlantis.....its ingenious watched all the series over and over..
Got my hubby watching them too...makes me wonder a lot of things, funny enough we was talking about starting it over again soon lol sad or what? I didn't like Universe waste of Air time and money in my opinion, carry on SG1 or Atlantis there is still a lot that can be done and discovered.

Now doctor who is entirely in a different bracket.. i remember the old ones and the first time i seen a Darlek i hid behind the couch lol love it. Great thread.

edit on 23-2-2011 by kalowe73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
SG1(Jack O'Neil is one of the funniest and "real" characters ever imo), SGU, i thought battlestar gallactica was a yawn though the end was good..

Love Doctor Who and the new offering from the BBC "outcasts" which is getting interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join