It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicine that works - without the doctor!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
As feedback I must say that it is not the "cure" I had hoped for.
I will continue using through the summer as necessary, and it makes life bearable.
I know my medical alternative if it no longer provides relief, and currently I choose to use the cream.
I do think that people should inquire about all their medical alternatives, but Sudorem is definitely one thing to try and keep for emergencies.
edit on 27-2-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Sudocrem is many things, but it isn't an Anti-Fungal.

It's great for things like minor cuts and burns, contact rashes/irritations, mild eczema (but not a cure for it), minor insect bites (like Mosquitos), mild acne etc.

It tends to work by reducing redness, swelling and soothing irritation of these ailments, also it's an Anti-Bacterial cream so helps prevent infection.

I've used it for many years for the majority of the things i have just mentioned and it's a great item to have in your bathroom cabinet.

I've also tried using it for a Fungal Infection in the past and it soothed it for a brief time, but ultimately it became worse.

You mentioned in your first post that you only tried one tablet and one lot of cream for your problem. Just like Bacterial Infections, Fungal Infections are not all the same type. Sometimes you need to get a swab and culture so they can find out just exactly what is growing on you, so they can then treat it with the appropriate topical or oral medication. Just like there is a whole host of Anti-Biotics for various types of Bacterial Infection, there is also a whole different bunch of Fungal Infection creams for various different Fungal Infections.

Usually a Doctors first instinct when diagnosing a Fungal Infection is to reach for his/her prescription pad and give you treatment for Candida, when it could actually be Ring Worm, or something else.

My advice to you is to get back to your Doctors and ask for a swab and culture so they can determine what it is and treat you accordingly, because if it is Fungal in nature and you're using Sudocrem, it won't get rid of it it and it can spread.

Edit to add:

I just noticed in one of your other posts that you said your problem occurs in your armpits and groin, have you heard of what the Americans call Jock Itch? Or what we used to call it in the Chef Industry (Chefs A**e). It's a Fungal Infection that usually appears in these areas because they are warm and sweaty and it can be really aggravated by friction.

You could try going to your local Pharmacy and ask the Pharmasist what over the counter Anti-Fungal products may help with your particular problem. Tell him/her what cream you used before that didn't help.

Also, in the meantime and after you've found something that has cleared it up. Try to use just warm water and a very mild soap when washing these areas and wash your towels after every use (don't share them either). Pat the areas dry with a towel rather then rubbing them dry.
Wear loose fitting breathable cotton clothing and underwear, preferably washed with a very mild washing detergent. (Heavy perfumed soaps and detergents could irritate it even more). Applying unperfumed talc to the areas after you've dryed off from your shower or bath could help because it will keep the areas dry, but if you find this irritates it, it's best to not continue with it.

Wiki on Tinea Cruris/Jock Itch

edit on 27-2-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am in Canada and I use that cream also on several of my daycare children for diaper rash. It definitely works wonders! Even better than some of the "higher end" diaper creams that it is shelved beside. It is somewhat expensive, however a little bit goes a long way!

I do however have one little guy that is soooo susceptible to rashes and the sudocream only works on the milder ones. His mom ended up trying something else that seems to work even better. It's called "Canus Li'l goat's milk". I believe there is a whole line available from creams to body washes etc. I would stand behind either of these products and perhaps you can try the other goat's milk one if the sudocream doesn't do the trick!

As a side note..now that we're all admitting we use diaper creams for things other than our babies bums...I've used it on my dog that tends to get yeast infections under his arms in warmer weather

Michelle

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Sudacrem does have a clear anti-fungal component?
It says so in most of the links.
It did work.

However, I now feel that if you have a fire in your body, you can't just put out flames.
I suppose this week or the next, the pill is unavoidable.
I think what I'm given is called Fluconazole.
It's the same anti-fungal pill that our activist hero Zackie Achmat brought back from India a few years ago to undercut the fat pharma firms.
It now seems to have become a specific area, and I feel pain radiating outwards, giving a total body weakness and dizziness. It's quite interesting, and I've taken nothing else today.
But still, Sudocrem took it from any visible areas.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

My aplologies. Yes it does have an Anti-Fungal ingredient in it, but in very small amounts.

Where as specific creams and powders for Fungal Infections will have the Anti-Fungal component as it's main active ingredient.

What i was trying to say, but possibly not very well, is that the Sudocrem may be helping to relieve your symptoms somewhat, but it's very likely it's not fully clearing it up, hence you mentioning in one of your posts that it's not working very well anymore.

So getting to the bottom of the specific Fungal Bacteria or otherwise that is causing your problem is very helpful in determining what treatment is best for you, whether it's a cream, powder, or in tablet form, by getting a swab and culture done.

Also taking precautions like not sharing towels and wash cloths (washing them after every use), wearing clean breathable loose fitting clothing and underwear daily, washing your bed linen regularly and keeping the areas clean and dry are a must in keeping things like this at bay.

I only say all this because i have had similar issues myself.

It's also possible that it might not be Fungal at all, there are many different skin conditions such as Psoriasis or varying types of Dermatitis.
I'm not fully aware of what the health system is like in South Africa.. Is it easy for you to see a Dermatologist, or to get a swab and culture done by your Doctor?

It also concerns me about the pain, weakness and dizziness you mention. That could possibly indicate you have a secondary infection caused by bacteria getting into broken skin by you scratching the affected areas?

I'm not a Doctor though so couldn't tell you for sure, so it might be a good idea to get yourself checked out by one again as soon as possible to try and get to the bottom of this.

I hope you find something that works for you soon. As a sufferer of skin ailments in the past, i understand how horrible it can be.

Skitz

edit on 27-2-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I have heard of using vinegar as a home remedy for fungal infections. Either apple cider or white but you may want to google for more info. on how much and how often. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Fungi recycle all life back into its raw materials. Got fungi? You are headed to the recycle bin!
But there's hope. Fungi hate oxygen and alkalinity but love sugar and carbs. So don't feed em unless you plan to check out. Most people have candida and various skin and nail fungi. Start with taking bicarbonate of soda, the yellow box with the bicep, a tsp in a glass of water several times a day. Oil of oregano, colloidal silver work internally and tea tree oil works externally. Details can be found in Forbidden Healing and the general redox solution is posted in my introduction to ATS.
People need real information before the healtcare cartels eat us all alive!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jest3r

I have heard of using vinegar as a home remedy for fungal infections. Either apple cider or white but you may want to google for more info. on how much and how often. Good luck.

Sorry to the OP if this sounds bad...but we use the vinegar treatment on one of our dogs and it works!! They recommend the apple cider for yeast, but I've actually found the white to work better on his ear infections. And as an added bonus he smells life french fries

Michelle

top topics

<< 1   >>

join