It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi Just Ordered The Destruction Of Oil Pipelines To The Mediterranean

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Business Insider

Colonel Qaddafi has ordered the disruption of Libyan oil exports by destroying pipelines to the Mediterranean, sources tell Time's Robert Baer

Oil has been spiking on fears of a Libyan disruption. Already today the country declared force majeur, effectively canceling oil contracts.

So far the order is only rumor, but if it's true.

Time

There's been virtually no reliable information coming out of Tripoli, but a source close to the Gaddafi regime I did manage to get hold of told me the already terrible situation in Libya will get much worse. Among other things, Gaddafi has ordered security services to start sabotaging oil facilities. They will start by blowing up several oil pipelines, cutting off flow to Mediterranean ports. The sabotage, according to the insider, is meant to serve as a message to Libya's rebellious tribes: It's either me or chaos.

My Libyan source said that in order to understand Gaddafi's state of mind we need to understand that he feels deeply betrayed by the media, which he blames for sparking the revolt. In particular, he blames the Qatari TV station al-Jazeera, and is convinced it targeted him for purely political motivations. He also feels betrayed by the West because it has only encouraged the revolt. Over the weekend, he warned several European embassies that if he falls, the consequence will be a flood of African immigration that will "swamp" Europe.

Jerusalem Post

Gadhafi's vow: Will fight to 'last drop of blood'

The speech by the Libyan leader – who shouted and pounded his fists on the podium – was an all-out call for his backers to impose control over the capital and take back other cities. After a week of upheaval, protesters backed by defecting army units have claimed control over almost the entire eastern half of Libya's 1,000-mile (1,600-kilometer) Mediterranean coast, including several oil-producing areas.

Okay, this is more serious than I thought. If I get this right, the man is indeed in a very desperate state of mind and there's is a possibility that he might do it. But on the upside, the particular pipeline doesn't seem to be an important one, only Italy seems to be directly impacted by its destruction.
edit on Wed 23 Feb 11 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If true, this would mean he has given up hope on regaining control of his country. I don't think the situation has gotten to that point yet so I don't think this is likely true. If it is true, then a revolution is imminent.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Oh no!1.8 million barrels a day; 2% of the worlds oil...we will be affected by this.

edit on 23-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
'Fuhrer Bunker Mentality' at work. Scorched Earth Policy. Gotterdmmerung. I would'nt put it pass him in his capabilities.

The only question is - will his followers obey this beast's orders? Evil and despicable as the Nazis were, they refused Hitler's last order, for they knew it will doom their own countrymen.

Those that follow the beast's order will only have just signed their own death warrants, and will be hunted down dead or alive, not only by Libyans, but ther rest of the mankind. They had destroyed not only a nation's resource, but a vital and precious resource to the world.

We will survive. We may face shortages, but it will only be temporary, as we have the ability to cut back on consumption. But those that carried out the deeds will not survive or be allowed to survive. Not for long.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Yea, this isnt good for giddafi. He is going down, and is going to try and take everyone with him.

I also posted this earlier.... in the news forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this move just signals that he has lost.... and has lost his MIND!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

this gadafi scumbag need to be hanged or shot ASAP !
Along with whoever backes him up!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Have I missed a trick here, are you talking about George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield or Barry Soetero!

See it is you who has the bunker mentality, you have allowed the above to set of on a crusade, "remember George Bush's word" to effectively take over the Middle East (ME),

So what happened, they deliberately murdered thousands on American soil to further their agenda having spent 20 years pacifying the public with a food chain so badly decomposing with additives and chemicals to help you into a slumber! For my interest, how did Building 7 collaspe as it didn't have an impacts and why do Americans deny the truth,

Then you allowed the above to go rape and pillage and instigate and continuing to enforce "MASS GENOCIDE" on other nations in the ME whom have never been a threat direct or indirect to USA soil or it's citizens,

You have then slumbered while letting a corporate trojan horse into dictate over you, while robbing your and your into destitution.

Now what's going on in Libya is nasty, however it is only a leader whom knows more of the inside track on the global politic, than you or I will ever know. He know's there is an agenda to monopolise the ME to further the NWO agenda, and not unlike the Polish aircrash where the whole Polish government and support economic figures were rounded up and forcible crashed to assasinate them become despite the global fiscal melt down cause caused by greedy runts in the banking sector, Polands economy was still growing, and refusing to join the Euro,

So Mad Dog is fighting back, not all those dying are civilians, some are mercenaries, political agitators placed in there by the NWO to bring down the government from within,

Arrest Mad Dog, and arrest George Soros, Barry Soetero, Bush Snr/jnr, Rice, Rumsfield, Bliar, Brown, Cheney, Sarkosy, Merkel, Bellusconi,

Finally, spend less time at McDonalds and in front of the TV drinking Duff and do some research!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Oh no!1.8 million barrels a day; 2% of the worlds oil...we will be affected by this.

edit on 23-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

The people live in misery, and have for quite some time, so that we wouldn't be affected.
I suppose it is time we all were. It's more important to me that they are actually free from tyranny.

That's the thing about empires.
They need fuel for their oven, and it's slaves who shovel in the coal.

Even if the people who benefit are oblivious.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kushin

You don't know me, or what I had done, or need to, so please don't claim to know me, nor speak, utter crimes I did not commit.

The baggages of the past are only hindering you and clouding your judgement with what needs to be done now, judging by the evidence of comments of what you had written.

Peace, and may you do what needs to be done at the moment to stop the tragedy happening right now in Libya. You have that power if you would only rise your head about the past baggages bogging you down. One step at a time.

We cannot change the past or have the ability to do so, but we - you and I , have the ability to alter ours and mankind's path towards a better future.
edit on 23-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
He reminds me of Jim Jones.........

If im going down,im taking everyone and everything with me......

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Nothing new..
Saddam supposidly did the same thing in Iraq remember..
All them oil fields set on fire..
Still haven't really worked out why..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

My Libyan source said that in order to understand Gaddafi's state of mind we need to understand that he feels deeply betrayed by the media, which he blames for sparking the revolt. In particular, he blames the Qatari TV station al-Jazeera, and is convinced it targeted him for purely political motivations.

guess who funds Al Jazeera ???
George Soros !!!

and he's got a valid point.

AJ was used in Egypt as well.

Mubarek arrested Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
MB was also funded by Soros through CAIR.

why is there always a link to Soros ???
Can you say, one of the 4 horsemen
of the Apocalypse???

edit on 2/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Can you say, one of the 4 horsemen
of the Apocalypse???

Can you say delusional rantings with no proof?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time really, It's the only move he has left and you know he will do it. Like previously posted lets just hope the people he asks to commit this crime will have a conscious and do otherwise. Good luck people of the Middle East.
edit on 23-2-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I will not babysit nor change ur diaper.
This has already been substantiated
on other threads. Do your own homework.
I'm so tired of wiping ur @r$e with
Soros scented toilet paper.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I will not babysit nor change ur diaper.
This has already been substantiated
on other threads. Do your own homework.
I'm so tired of wiping ur @r$e with
Soros scented toilet paper.

No probs, a guy worth less than $10 billion controls the world....
That's a little odd..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

No probs, a guy worth less than $10 billion controls the world....
That's a little odd..

me delusional???
ur the delusional one.

1) Soros does not control the world (yet)
hence the people dying at the present time.

2) Soros return on investments alone nets
him an average of $2Billion a year. That's just
the trackable part.

Warren Buffet = 62 Billion (left wing)
Bill Gates = 54 Billion (left wing)
Maurice Strong = 44 Billion (left wing)
Koch Brothers = 40 Billion (right wing)
George Soros = 14 Billion (left wing)
Rupert Murdoch = 6 Billion (right wing)

www.huffingtonpost.com...

total left wing = 174 Billion
total right wing = 46 Billion

so the left has almost 4 times the money resources
of the right.

www.celebritynetworth.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

My Libyan source said that in order to understand Gaddafi's state of mind we need to understand that he feels deeply betrayed by the media, which he blames for sparking the revolt. In particular, he blames the Qatari TV station al-Jazeera, and is convinced it targeted him for purely political motivations.

Yes, political motivations... I hate it how the peoples media drags revolution into its stories, that stuff just isnt good politics.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is exactly what lindsey williams was just (yesterday) saying we can expect to see happening more and more, all across the middle east with all the uprisings and unrest, eventually leading to the dollar being dead before 2012 is over, and america relying on our own oil reserves... I think it's important to watch or listen this interview, and if you're unfamiliar with the guy, look at more from mr. williams to see how accurate he's been.
Just google "lindsey williams right" and go back through the years of people calling him crazy or stupid and then shutting up and/or admitting he was right about _____ .

Lindsey Williams Exclusive: NWO to Target Iran & Saudi Arabi Next, Oil to Hit $200 a Barrel

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kushin

The mans brain is fried, he can hardly "slur" two words together that make sense! Did you by any chance see the vitriolic, maniacal, insane 1 hour long rant, could hardly be called a speech, which he made yesterday threatening his own people with death and torture! How can you possibly try and defend someone like this! I am not too keen on the politicians you mentioned but every country has them and what it comes down to is that we need to get rid of all of them. This "revolution" should not be limited to the Middle East and North Africa, it should be planet wide! Get rid of the scum, this is the time to revolt!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join