It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecy; Convinced Yet?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alucard666
im goin to make this as short and as sweet as i can...i really enjoyed you post and agree with alot of it...now for the bad part there will be several people come to this thread to bash it and well you to. keep your head up and dont get mad b/c those people have to come online and do that b/c they are to scared to say stuff like that to peoples faces.
SnF for you my friend
edit on 22-2-2011 by Alucard666 because: to add

Does this mean that if I dare to respond that I fall into the category of: "scared to say stuff like that to peoples faces." If so then how can any grown up discussion be held?

There are several points in the post where scriptural quotes contradict other scripture but this is typical of the Bible anyway. Let me just say this to the question. "No" I am not convinced that the Bible is correct. First of all we would have to ask "which Bible"? There will be no "end times" for the planet until the Sun burns bright. There will be no rapture. Jesus will return but only after we, ourselves, learn how to deal with our problems. He will not return to do that for us.

Lastly regarding the proponents of any religion. The only complaint that I have against Christians, really, is their propensity for being obnoxious. Religion is supposed to be personal and private. Please have the goodness of Christ in practice and stop badgering others.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Anyone who has studied the Bible find it hard to deny its truth. To many prophesies already came true. Set aside the fact that you might not believe the Bible and pretend that everyone in the world followed the example that Jesus set........ I am sure you would agree we would all be living happier lives right now.

I am not for organized religion because I feel it seperates us to much from each other and can be corrupted to easily due to mans misguided inclinations.

However it is important to be spiritual and learn to accept each other for whatever road he chooses. We all have been given free will by God.

You see free will is kinda of like a mother teaching a child not to touch a flame. The mother tries to stir the child away from the flame and tells the child not to touch it. However some children must be burned before they learn that mother knew best. God is like this also, because he knows us better than we know ourselves. We are always learning, and he already told us how we should be living. Our curiosity gets the better of us all sometimes. The Bible is a guide for our own well being.

Someday when the child grows up the mother will expect to be appreciated for all her efforts. It is no different then God wanting to be recognized for his and rightfully so.

I have been hearing many call him a computer as of late and I guess that is a pretty good way for people to grasp the concept nowadays. Whatever you call him make sure you do call him and thank him for allowing each of us this opportunity.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My favourite prediction to come true is in Kings:

The circumference of the vessel described in 1 Kings 7:23 was precisely 30 cubits. The diameter of the vessel was precisely 10 cubits. The ratio between the two was exactly 3.

So when Pi comes back to 3 [not 3.14], then truely we will have seen a miracle

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The thing with bible prophecy is, a wealthy societal planner could easily manipulate events to make it seem like it is matching biblical prophecy. Once again "God" becomes the man behind the curtains.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Can you offer any ten year period in the past 2,000 years when such comments couldn't be contrived as referring to such times?

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that was referring to current times - and I really do doubt he had a time machine. I'm also pretty sure in 2,000 years time people will still be predicting the end times.

Humans ain't exactly reknowned for being particularly bright.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The problem is that we actually have not been studying weather and geological patterns long enough. If anything comes in say 200 year cycle or beyond, we simply have not been testing enough to know.

On the point of what has happened in the last 2,000 years - this is very subjective:

- How do we know if there has been larger earthquakes in the last 2,00 years in New Zealand? How do we know that there were more tsunamis [which we have just really recently recorded]?

- We have had a mini ice age in Britain in the 1730s where [as one writer puts it] - there was snow on the ground around the Thames for 6 months of the year

- Let's not also forget the bubonic plague which literally decimated the population and lay waste huge areas and [more rarely] villages

- While we are on the subject of New Zealand being hit -Christ Church, why wasn''t e.g. Easter Island hit? Or Jesus College Cambridge? The point is .. [and I find this a great deal with studying the bible].. it is not reading the book objectively, weighing up the best solution - and there are often better ones - or testing the facts correctly - how much water would need to fall on the ground for a flood as high as Mt Ararat. People who "study" this book already have in their mind who the hero and villain is and will read it to back up their own thoughts.
- One last question - Who killed more new born babies in the bible? Herod ? or God [in ordering the flood]?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Isaiah 19
A Prophecy Against Egypt
1 A prophecy against Egypt:

See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt.
The idols of Egypt tremble before him,
and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.

2 “I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian—
brother will fight against brother,
neighbor against neighbor,
city against city,
kingdom against kingdom.
3 The Egyptians will lose heart,
and I will bring their plans to nothing;
they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead,
the mediums and the spiritists.
4 I will hand the Egyptians over
to the power of a cruel master,
and a fierce king will rule over them,”
declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.

The Egyptian protest?The Muslim brotherhood the cruel master?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Sabretooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabretooth
Isaiah 19
A Prophecy Against Egypt

and is coming to Egypt.

city against city,
kingdom against kingdom.

That prophecy came and went. There is a new era coming to Egypt.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Sabretooth
Isaiah 19
A Prophecy Against Egypt

and is coming to Egypt.

city against city,
kingdom against kingdom.

That prophecy came and went. There is a new era coming to Egypt.

With Love,

Your Brother

Perhaps the prophecy of Egypt to whcih you say has came and gone has not happen yet. Perhaps this new uprising is the real one, because the fact is muslum brotherhood-al qaeda and who knows which other islamic terrorist groups are inticing the middle east protest(s)...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

"we can't rely on pastor/parents/spouses to get us saved"

what do you make of these?

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
Now, if my belief would ensure others got to go to a good place when they died instead of me, I'd certainly be up for that as that seems more in keeping with selflessness as apposed to the motivation of "Save Yourself!"

Well, sort of, but such a system would allow people to act however they like, so long as there's a scapegoat around to keep them covered.

The real irony of your statement, though, is twofold. First, Christians believe that this is exactly what Jesus did -- his actions saved all of us no-goodnicks. And secondly, the evangelist who is telling you to repent is doing exactly what you say -- his act is an attempt to help you "go to a good place" when you die, it has nothing to do with where he will go when he dies.

That's not quite right is it, else I would be guaranteed a place in the Christian Heaven regardless of my faith!
The context has to be preserved.
Oh, FYI, I was a Christian myself, once upon a time.

Ask someone who is truly honest and without ego (nowadays that would usually have to be a child) why they believe in God and you will get the same answer - because they want to go to Heaven, not Hell.
It's the ultimate motivating factor.
The message today is believe, or suffer eternal Damnation.

I just can't ignore that self-serving ideal embedded in the message. "I must save myself from Hell...must..." No, that's all wrong. Feels far too much like a man-made ideal.
One cannot truly act selflessly if their ultimate driving force is to save themselves.
Or at least, I cannot, hence why I left religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder

Originally posted by Shdak
YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

You think it has anything to do with the CHRISTchurch earthquake?

NOOOOO that was the "haarp" facility transmitting atfull power in freakin Alaska! don't you no nuthin?

I was wandering when "HAARP" would show up...I want knock-it, that’s an opinion and a good take on the subject, It could be causing things that mimic Bible Prophecy if the rumors are true???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by Shdak

You do not actually believe that Jesus will return like some superhero flying through the sky and shooting lasers at evil-doers?

and NO to that guestion...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad Jones
I just don't know, I mean yea things seem to be accelerating on all fronts spiritually, economically, worldly but I just don't think it's Bible Prophecy yet. I don't see the world ending and Jesus returning at the end of next year or anytime soon. I think the world will continue on for many more decades but I do think there is a quickening to set up a New World Order type system by the elites.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Brad Jones because: (no reason given)

I don't think I could have said it any better...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
That's not quite right is it, else I would be guaranteed a place in the Christian Heaven regardless of my faith!
The context has to be preserved.
Oh, FYI, I was a Christian myself, once upon a time.

Ask someone who is truly honest and without ego (nowadays that would usually have to be a child) why they believe in God and you will get the same answer - because they want to go to Heaven, not Hell.
It's the ultimate motivating factor.
The message today is believe, or suffer eternal Damnation.

I just can't ignore that self-serving ideal embedded in the message. "I must save myself from Hell...must..." No, that's all wrong. Feels far too much like a man-made ideal.
One cannot truly act selflessly if their ultimate driving force is to save themselves.
Or at least, I cannot, hence why I left religion.

I am sorry you turned from Christ my friend. I can't say I blame you seeing how his teachings have become so distorted over time. If one follows Christ, it is to bring about the Kingdom of Heaven. Heaven is right here in front of us. It is this paradise of a earth that we have been gifted. Some would say it is hell, a place of emotional, physical, and spiritual torment. They would be correct for very few are following Christ's ways to make it the Kingdom of Heaven.

It isn't about worshipping Christ as some Son God that Rome created. It has always been about following in his footsteps and loving everyone you meet. If someone is in agony, relieve their suffering. If someone is wanting, help them obtain their desires. If someone is mourning, comfort them. Simply Love one another.

Imagine a world where we all did this. It is not beyond our reach. We do need a lot more walking in his shoes.

Regardless of if you do it as a Christian, or just a man in love with Mankind, I do hope you consider it. What kind of world do you want to leave for those you leave behind?

That is what it has always been about.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
History plays out in a cyclical fashion, with many tiny cycles embedded within our known human history, and grand cycles encompassing the totality of our known (and unknown) history(s). And although it happens differently each time, the flow follows the same path of changes that culminates in a tumultuous transition towards the next phase of existence. The purpose of this repetition and transition is to develop the collective in such a way that it becomes clear that this is merely a classroom rather than an inescapable prison. Once that becomes clear, the cycle is broken. The 'Kingdom of God' exists within the minds of every person, and as a result that which supposedly lies beyond our reality is much closer than many think.

The biblical prophecies used existing knowledge of previous cycles to convey forewarning for future generations in vague enough terms so that the message could effectively transcend the expected changes civilization would face over the following two millennia. It's not really a matter of convincing one of the message's validity, it is what it is. It's rather up to the receiver and whether or not he or she is ready to receive and process the information.

The following text from the introduction of Prometheus Rising,' written by Robert Anton Wilson, explains our upcoming transition in more detail:

The transition to a higher order of functioning—or hooking on to a higher neural circuit—is often accompanied by considerable anxiety or a turbulence in personal life which seems as if the organism were falling apart or breaking up. This phenomenon of instability is really the way that every living organism—societies, human primates, chemical solutions, etc.—shakes itself, as it were, by myoclonisms or similar convulsions into new combinations and permutations for higher and new levels of development. So perhaps the space-time Utopia of a new area of primate exploration has some validity after all, as indicating that the more vigorous the disturbance or myoclonism the greater the quantum jump into a higher neurological circuit. This is one reason why I firmly believe that the transition to the next spiral will not be smooth nor without much suffering and chaos...

(From the intro to Prometheus Rising, 1983)

Robert Anton Wilson on the Acceleration to 2012

Another proponent of this idea is Terence McKenna, who referred to the upcoming transition as 'The Eschaton,' or the 'transcendental object at the end of time.' He developed 'Novelty Theory' and helped create the program called Timewave Zero which graphs the wave of change mentioned above that history cyclically follows. I've posted a few threads on the subject (links are within my signature).

Below is a video I put together using audio from one of McKenna's lectures entitled 'Taxonomy of Illusion' recorded in 1993.

I've entitled this 'Illusion and Transformation.'

The quote from 'The Matrix' along the lines of:

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

...holds the key to the situation at hand. Reaching the understanding that time and 'reality' are illusory, and that we ultimately control our own destiny and choose what future we experience. This is the Master Key of existence. These prophecies, biblical or otherwise, serve as markers on our collective journey and provide themes to look out for as we approach that crucial moment where some deep reflections and decisions must be undertaken.

The Master Key

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I just wanted to take a look at a few bible verses and give an opinion of my thoughts

Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Bible has been preached throughout the world for a long time. But now, with the increasing worldwide availability of television and the Internet, there is greater potential for the Gospel to be preached to everyone, everywhere.

YES: HAPPENING

Matthew 24:23-25:
23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
24 For false Christ’s and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

I see this all the time, many have claimed to be Christ, but I have not seen the one who creates great miracles

YES & NO: I have not seen the performance of great signs and miracles

Matthew 24:36-37:
36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

There are numerous peoples predicting when our lord may return

YES: HAPPENING and ON…GOING

Matthew 24:21-22:
21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened

NO: I do not think this has happened yet, the way I read this; is that if God does not come no one will survive.

Revelation 16:8:
The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire.

NO: This has not happened as of yet if you look at it as a solar storm, but more attention has been in the news lately on the possibilities, or is this a sign that represents the great heat waves we have seen in the last few years?
Matthew 24:7:
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Luke 21:11:
21 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

Matthew 24:6:
6 And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

YES: this is on…going, and for many years, now we have uprisings in other countries happening. I do not know where this may lead to, but I’m sure the outcome will not be good. Its causing allot of unrest in other nations.

Daniel 12:4:
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

YES: just in the 40+ years of my life I have seen great increase of knowledge, Man sent to the moon, world traveling, great advances in technology, computers, TV, Satellites, space probes , DNA, etc…

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

YES and NO: I believe this is in process of happening, we are being conditioned to this every day, more and more companies are requiring direct deposits, people are using electronic transfers to pay their debts, more people are using plastic debt cards or CC to pay for everyday things… we are being forced into this system like it or not.

...and I'm sure there is plenty more to look at, what your take on the subject?

to bad so sad that these predictions and like most things in the bible are all gathered from other religions around the world and historical events..jesus himself traveled parts of the world learning other religions and brought back to his people teachings he learned in the east.

also jesus is not be worshipped he himself said not to worship him for he is a mere mortal..he would also fall under idles as god only wants u to worship him and only him.

the only true god that exists is consciousness any deity that enters our atmosphere telling us to bow to them are an alien from another planet... for if they were a benevolent creator of all we would then be upgraded to there dimension!

a savior that is a creator of all would automatically bring u to safety not arrive in space ships!

a fair warning for the future my friend!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I concur.
Do I want monkey to worship me ? No I dont
Do I want to them to have a safe haven for themselves ? Yes I very do
Do I directly intervene and disturb their natural evolution ? No I dont
Do I help them quitely ? Yes I very do
In this case, it is a much bigger scale. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The elites are scared. They are indeed accelerating their agenda lest we the people wake up too fast, overthrow them and take this world back.

As far as the Bible, it was said that the final battle between Christ and Satan would take place in the city of Geddon was it? I forget... but yeah in the middle east... And we now see the tensions rising there... Is Obama the 3rd Antichrist? We shall see...

Humanity will prevail! Death to the New World Order!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I just wanted to take a look at a few bible verses and give an opinion of my thoughts

Matthew 24:14:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Bible has been preached throughout the world for a long time. But now, with the increasing worldwide availability of television and the Internet, there is greater potential for the Gospel to be preached to everyone, everywhere....

I am a believer and feel the time is indeed short before the tribulation begins. However, I take issue with the gospel of Christ being delivered by televangilists. Almost all I see on TV recently, in the name of Christ, is pure sacreligion, devoid of any truth and in fact anti-christ in nature.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join