It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle-Area Restaurant Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

The American govn't has such a big ego it's unbelievable. You think your aiports are threatened? What about Isreal, Jordan, Iran and all the other Airport in Arab countries? Do you think they are not threatened? All they have are metal detectors and dogs. That's all you need. And they are the safest air ports in the world. We don't need systems to wear your own people's spirits down. Because that's what they're doing. Even Popular Mechanics wrote an article on why the TSA scanners don't work. There was also a CNN report on it in colaboration with Popular Mechanics but it's been deleted from Youtube. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That is his right. We have all seen that sign as we are entering some eating establishments. Saying we have the right to refuse service to anyone. Personally i think this is kind of funny.
I wish there was more detail on this though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yeah, punish the employees because that makes sense. I hope this business goes under for such poor business decisions. If you don't like TSA, don't fly. The employees are just doing their jobs like every one of you does your job.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't like the TSA (at all) and I admire the sentiment, but I'm not so sure it's legal.

What if you are against the US war effort? Can you refuse service to members of the armed forces?
Or what if you hate the local police? Can you refuse to serve cops?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
What if you are against the US war effort? Can you refuse service to members of the armed forces?
Or what if you hate the local police? Can you refuse to serve cops?

The topic concerns TSA agents.

And yes, it's legal.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Again, you can refuse to serve anyone in a public place, as long as you are not doing it because they are a member of a PROTECTED CLASS. TSA, cops, butchers, bakers, candlestick makers, are NOT protected classes. Race and gender are examples of protected classes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Here we go... it was only a matter of time before someone brought race into it. This has absolutely nothing in common with the way blacks were once treated. Blacks were treated that way because they were black, which is just a deplorable and ridiculous idea. To treat anyone different because of the color of their skin is the epitome of ignorance and hate and is never justified. Besides, I doubt that the blacks back then were grabbing the breasts and genitalia of innocent Americans as said Americans were minding their own business while attempting to travel in what is supposed to be a free country. The TSA agents on the other hand are guilty of the aforementioned offenses, regardless of where their orders come from. Any decent, morally inclined person would not agree to those orders and would refuse to carry out the sexual assault of innocent people in an airport. Because the agents continue to come to work everyday makes them complicit and an accomplice to the crimes being committed. If I owned a restaurant I wouldn't let them in either, or maybe I would but I would piss in their food and smile as I watched them eat it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Yeah, punish the employees because that makes sense. I hope this business goes under for such poor business decisions. If you don't like TSA, don't fly. The employees are just doing their jobs like every one of you does your job.

Star for you sir!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by drink2forget
Seriously?

Yes seriously... This is exactly how it began in Germany... my parents went through it The SS was originally Germany's "Protection Squadron" or Homeland Security.

Last time around in the USA we were looking for a Commie under every bed... now it's terrorist (mostly homegrown anyway hence treating US as the enemy. I bet TSA wouldn't dare grope a Muslim

My father once made a joke about Hitler (like we do about Bush). Unfortunately for him an Officer over heard it and the next day he was sent to the front.

Today we see this..

People like you need to be reminded...

This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
edit on 23-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Speaking of Ben Franklin... Have you ever been to Philly to see the Liberty bell?
THEY RUN YOU THROUGH A METAL DETECTOR AND ALSO FRISK YOU. They've done this for years now. They about called the riot squad because I had a pocket knife with me. I didn't hear anyone b*tching about it, but I suppose Ben Franklin was also rolling in his grave about this. Jesus, the humanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Thoughts on this one folks?

I doubt anybody grows up with the ambition to be a TSA worker. If it's a crap job, then it's a crap job like so many others, and somebody's gotta do it. Should they be treated like second class citizens? No, I don't think so. And don't bother relating all the excesses caused by agents that seem to get off on their newly-found juice, because I figure at least 10% of folks in ANY given field are total arses...and I'm likely being generous. The person who patted me down recently in NOLA was polite and efficient. And really...are the individuals better off working in a job universally reviled, or sitting around on welfare? What would you rather have them do?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8e8fd7c7450.jpg[/atsimg]

I say cut them some slack. Slag the system, instead.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Legal, illegal, what's it matter? People want to hate in this country. No matter what the reason. Because they can.

But hey, it it makes them feel like they're contributing to a solution of some sort or making a some sort of statement and makes them feel good about themselves
Good for them

When people start refusing you service because of _______, that's when you'll know how it feels. I'm sure the TSA people didn't have any trouble finding somewhere else to eat.
edit on 2/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is about as pathetic reaction to the further erosion of personal freedoms as it gets.
That being said it seems the only reaction besides whining about it on ATS.
Thumbs up for this guy.
Thumbs down to the natin for submitting to police sate mentality and propaganda.
The Terrorists are the goverment.
The reasons for the loss of freedoms are bogus .
Time to change the Goverment.
Maybe we could do it egypt style.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I haven't seen any more posts here about TSA agents and airport harassment in a long while has everyone forgot?Have we caved and accepted the security?business as usual?At least this person is taking a stand for what he believes in,I say good for him! he should also install screeners and pat downs as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Not sure what to think of this particular story, as specifics really aren't given here.

But if this is true, is this even legal to do? Not that I think that what the TSA agents do is legal either, but refusing service to anyone donning a TSA uniform?

And if it is legal, I am unsure of whether it is going to really impact much, as the agents themselves are merely small crumbs on a much larger loaf of bread. Their violations of the masses are being enabled by big brother and their corporate pupeteers.

Thoughts on this one folks?

consumerist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Sorry to double post but since when does the TSA and legal belong in the same sentence?I believe that last time I checked what they are doing to american citizens at the airports is illegal.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Yes. lets take out our frustrations about stupid government policy and corruption on other Americans just trying to make a living.

TPTB were so right when they invented enemy after enemy for some of you ignoramuses because you obviously need a face to put on "evil." So go ahead and keep propagating the American vs. American BS and thinking you're making some sort of difference while the real culprits, glad that you're so distracted and fighting each other instead of them, and in some cases even supporting their plans, just keep rolling along their merry way robbing and destroying this country.

Good intentioned? Maybe. Born out of frustration? Probably. But misguided nonetheless.

edit on 2/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by mizbeach40

Are you a TSA agent or related to one?

I think the business should also refuse their families service. That would work even better.

No one should do business with TSA agents or their families. They should be ostracized.

Do this and America will be great again..

ostracize tsa, and their families, and America will be great again?

the restaurant owner is free to be an ass.
he is free to use his business to punish working-class men and women trying to keep him safe.
he is free to use his business to punish the very people who are trying to protect his right to be such an ass.
freedom is a wonderful thing. so are tolerance and compassion. hate is not a wonderful thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It would be a lot funnier if TSA agents and there family's were required to submit to an advanced pat down before being allowed to enter the premises, then told they wont be served.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Colleges in America refuse to let military recruiters near their place receiving Federal Funds.

Good for that Restaurant for not allowing TSA into their place of business. TSA works for US...not against us.

Remind them of it.

States have passed legislation banning Federal Law Enforcement from their States. Fully legal.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

When it comes to proivate property, the business can refuse to serve anyone they choose without explanation. In this case he posted the reason on the door.

As far as I see it, its legal.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I call disinformation. This unidentified restaurant either is ashamed of its new business practice or it doesn't exist and this is just stirring the pot back up for the public hatred of the TSA seeing as it hasn't been top news for a bit.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join