It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks ATS for this site! Finally decided to join!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have joined this great site after years of browsing for my own studies in the world of the unknown and for general entertainment and learning about things I do not know. I offer an open mind approach to my research, and have used this site as a tool to help assist me and now I wish to post some thoughts and facts from time to time.

I am a Christian male, 29 years old and have studied cryptozoology, paranormal phenomenon, survival, alternate energy, and many other topics. I am a college graduate and have studied these things even before college. I have a skeptic, but open mind and never dismiss another's words unless I have complete and utter proof to help them see that they could be mislead.

I have no prejustice against anyone, religion, race, or anything else the word prejustice factors into, and I take each topic I read into full review.

I believe we live in a amazing world and have traveled to these spots thus far in my young life.

Puma Punku
The Mayan Ruins
Nazca Lines
Georgia Guidestones
And have worked with many well known paranormal enthusiasts on many locations.

As of now I am researching 2012 and the possibility of solar storms that could destroy our energy and energy reserves, along with the aquifers that are giving us water shortages.

I am a skeptic at heart and believe in the facts that dates to warn us does not mean they will actually be precise.
I do however believe that if a catastrophic event occurs it will come swiftly and will catch most of us off guard.

I hope I can be of assistance on here, but if not, that is ok as well.

I live in Mississippi born and raised and have survived the eyewall of Katrina and helped save lives after which I am forever proud of. I have also seen things I wish I could forget.

I believe every living thing on Earth deserves respect and love no matter how small they are. We should all feel lucky we were born upon this Earth as humans and my hope for the future is we take care of the beautiful planet better than we have in the past no matter what calamities lies ahead.

My name is Joshua, and I just want to say thank you ATS again for this site, you have done a superb job!
edit on 22-2-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Hi Joshua, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Welcome to ATS, I am looking forward to your insights on your personal experiences, thank you for helping people in Katrina.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Really nice Introduction!

Welcome to ATS. I look forward to your contributions.

Cya around..

edit on 22-2-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi and welcome=)

You don't care what someone's religion is? That's something that is very unusual on this site and it is something you and I both have in common (I'm an atheist if you are wondering) You may also notice paranoia to other religions if you haven't already

I too am bit of a skeptic to such things such as 2012 although I tend to focus on more political things such as how insane I think Fox News and the tea party are.

Anyway I think you will fit right here

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuerillaFighter
Hi and welcome=)

You don't care what someone's religion is? That's something that is very unusual on this site and it is something you and I both have in common (I'm an atheist if you are wondering) You may also notice paranoia to other religions if you haven't already

I too am bit of a skeptic to such things such as 2012 although I tend to focus on more political things such as how insane I think Fox News and the tea party are.

Anyway I think you will fit right here

Peace

Thanks Mods and everyone for the welcoming!

Guerilla Fighter, I am glad to be apart of the discussions now. I know believing in God is not for everyone and in a way there is no reason to believe in something that powerful at times when you see the suffering, wars, laws, and miss guided ways we live in that uses the name of God as a catalyst.

My belief is a personal hope for something bigger than the darkness, from things I have found from paranormal studies that has proven to me beyond a reasonable doubt, that something must be hosting a spirit to communicate or stay adrift. To me it's hope, and the word faith is not a guarantee.

But unlike most believers, I believe if you do have faith, then using it to dismiss other religions and even people that do not believe makes that person a contradiction to what they believe in and preach.

I judge a person by who the person is, by that only. Evil is everywhere, there is no exceptions.

I won't be in religious discussions, because all of them start and end the same.... Right back at the begining of the arguement.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Another Christian here who doesn't step into the religion arena either. I look forward to seeing your posts.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's been interesting reading your posts already

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS..Wonderful introduction hope to see you soon in the forums you sound interesting..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thanks! I try to absorb what I read, and from my past experiences, I have learned that everyone lives in their own arena of the mind, thats probably why I have enjoyed reading this site so much.

I wasn't going to join, but I figured with the way the world is going, I might as well, maybe I can help, and maybe some can help me.

top topics

join