It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Unearths Site Linked to Human Experiments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Japanese were horribly cruel as a rule of thumb in all their endeavors. Just ask civilians that were in their path in China, Korea, the Phillipines etc.

Not to mention POW's and things like this:

Many written reports and testimonies collected by the Australian War Crimes Section of the Tokyo tribunal, and investigated by prosecutor William Webb (the future Judge-in-Chief), indicate that Japanese personnel in many parts of Asia and the Pacific committed acts of cannibalism against Allied prisoners of war. In many cases this was inspired by ever-increasing Allied attacks on Japanese supply lines, and the death and illness of Japanese personnel as a result of hunger. However, according to historian Yuki Tanaka: "cannibalism was often a systematic activity conducted by whole squads and under the command of officers".[56] This frequently involved murder for the purpose of securing bodies. For example, an Indian POW, Havildar Changdi Ram, testified that: "[on November 12, 1944] the Kempeitai beheaded [an Allied] pilot. I saw this from behind a tree and watched some of the Japanese cut flesh from his arms, legs, hips, buttocks and carry it off to their quarters... They cut it [into] small pieces and fried it."[57]

edit on 22-2-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
2 PAGES in and nobody is freaking out about ZOMBIES?!

A.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Analyzing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

The parallels with the Resident Evil scenario are not lost on me, but I think most of us will freely admit that Resident Evils plot basis was perhaps based on , and dramatised drasticaly away from , this horrific page in history.
I have to conceed however that when you really think about it... put it this way, if I was on the investigating team out there, I would probably be looking over my shoulder fairly often.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

One of the more disturbing facts about the whole experimentation process is the fact they dissected people alive without any anesthesia. That itself is inhumane nevermind frying someone's flesh right after removing it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by usmc858

One of the more disturbing facts about the whole experimentation process is the fact they dissected people alive without any anesthesia. That itself is inhumane nevermind frying someone's flesh right after removing it.

Yeah, that stuff is really bad, I couldn't even imagine. It makes me realize why a lot of pacific campaign veterans I've talked to in the past still had a very strong distrust and "grudge" against the Japanese.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc858

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by usmc858

Yeah, that stuff is really bad, I couldn't even imagine. It makes me realize why a lot of pacific campaign veterans I've talked to in the past still had a very strong distrust and "grudge" against the Japanese.

Well put... Not saying that the modern day Japan is in anyway connected to Hirohito's Imperial Army, but still... makes all those vets that wont buy hondas or toyotas seem less crazy
. Not to mention mitsubishi manufactured those zero bastards haha

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
DAMN! its worse than what the nazis did too the jews! shame on mcarthur making secret deals with them...not so honrable a general affterall was he
a good reason, to never be catorued during wartime! even today, you really dont know if thier gunna feed you or kill you or worse

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Japan begins excavation of WWII medical school 'where live experiments were conducted on foreign prisoners

www.dailymail.co.uk... s-newsxml
Updated: February 22, 2011

As many as 250,000 were victims of experiments Japan began excavations yesterday at a former army medical school to search for human remains linked to a notorious World War II program that allegedly conducted biological warfare in China and live experiments on foreign prisoners of war.

There is no certainty the excavation will unearth anything, but it is a sign that the government is open to the possibility of facing its long-kept wartime secrets, including the experiments conducted by the military's shadowy Unit 731. Its activities have never been officially acknowledged by the government even though historians and participants have documented them.

Historians estimate the number of the unit's victims from the thousands to as many as 250,000 - mostly Chinese but they also may have included other nationalities. They believe some bodily remains of victims were transferred from China to Tokyo for analysis.

The ministry concluded that the bones could not be directly linked to Unit 731. It said the remains were mostly of non-Japanese Asians and were likely from bodies used in 'medical education' or brought back from the war zone for analysis at the medical school.

Brought back from the war zone!?! Seriously????
edit on 22-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just came across this while searching for something else really:

The physicians were granted immunity by American Gen. Douglas MacArthur in exchange for revealing all they'd learned on biological warfare before the information got into the hands of the Soviets.  The Soviets prosecuted and imprisoned a handful of the soldiers and physicians of Unit 731, while Gen. Ishii either moved to Maryland or stayed in Japan, until he died of throat cancer in 1959.

Dark side of science (no.5 in slide)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
In South Korea school kids get taught that Japan is the prime-evil country.

Why would South Korea do this?I thought they were allies?I understand if any Asian countries still feel a little weary of the Japanese because of the terrible atrocities carried out during world war 2 but i wouldn't off thought the south Koreans would feel this way as they have half decent relations with the Japs.

This stuff about unit 731 makes me sick to my stomach,its sad to think what humans are capable of doing to they're fellow humans,regardless of they're race or creed.Just go's to show show that anybody can commit these atrocious acts all you need is hate,propaganda and a few other catalysts such as the great depression(Nazi Germany for example) and you have a country full of brainwashed murderers.

Not trying to Stick up for the Japanese or what they had done in the past but i think they're past actions has reflected on them more than any of you guys realize.Sure they're older generations might be a little racist but wasn't the UK and USA the same not so long ago?
Japanese is now a country of pacifists and will not go to war unless attacked,they put all they're power and efforts into bettering and advancing themselves producing technology to aid mankind,and now they are the most advanced country on Earth by a long shot.
Sorry for going off topic a wee bit.
edit on 22-2-2011 by muza1875 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
that is sick! they should of dropped the atomic bombs sooner!
of all the story's i hear about the 2nd world war the japs were
the most cruel.
IF there is a hell i hope those who took part in these atrocities
are now getting payback.
Also it does not surprise me that they were granted immunity
as long as they handed over there "medical findings" to other
countries such as the US & UK no doubt.
what goes around comes around.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This just adds more fuel to the fire that if Japan has this going on then you know good and well Los Alamos and the Dulce Base are more likely to a realistic thought than just rumors.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

See if you can come up with some evidence to back up your claim. It would be very relevant to see what is currently happening globally in terms of human experimentation.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
More breaking news articles on this story are shown below (dated February 22, 2011)

Japan to dig site linked to human experiments

www.chinapost.com.tw...

The site is close to another area where a mass grave of dozens of possible war-experiment victims was uncovered in 1989 during the construction of a Health Ministry research institute.

Any remains found at the planned excavation site would have a stronger connection to Unit 731, said Keiichi Tsuneishi, a Kanagawa University history professor and expert on biological warfare.

Japan probes possible WWII prisoner experiment site

www.bbc.co.uk...

The site being excavated in Tokyo is close to another where fragments of bone, many showing saw marks, were found in 1989.

Then the health ministry concluded that they could not be linked to Unit 731, but had been brought to Japan for "medical education".

Requests for DNA testing of the bones from Chinese families whose relatives are believed to have fallen victim to medical experiments at Unit 731 have since been refused.

The doctor who turned his back on a 'God-given' role to save life

www.independent.co.uk...#

Japanese army doctor Shiro Ishii ran the notorious Unit 731 and was responsible for gruesome human experiments designed to develop Japan's germ warfare systems. Like his Nazi counterpart, Josef Mengele, Ishii never faced justice.

He escaped prosecution after the war because the United States offered immunity in return for information on the programmes on humans that they were unable to carry out themselves. He was allowed to continue his medical research in Japan after the war and died of natural causes in 1959, aged 67.

As result of Ishii's experiments, Japan became a world leader in germ warfare.

Japan confronts truth about its germ warfare tests on prisoners of war

www.independent.co.uk...#

Activists campaigning for the excavation say that dozens of bodies were buried under the site at the end of the Second World War in an effort to cover up biological tests on prisoners, some dissected while still alive.

"They dug a hole 10 metres deep and for a month after Japan's surrender they threw bodies into it," recalled Toyo Ishii, 88, a former nurse who began speaking out about what she saw after retiring.

"The bodies included those of people who had been used in experiments to test the effects of germs."

As mentioned all of the above are relevent NEW news articles. Keep on top of this thread for any more late breaking news on the dig site.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
Also it does not surprise me that they were granted immunity
as long as they handed over there "medical findings" to other
countries such as the US & UK no doubt.

So do you think it was another conspiracy by the US, China, UK, and other countries to send their troops out there to become POWs, be experimented on, and alas, have these results provided back to the countries?

It's possible the elite could be involved in such a scam. Question is, would it make good business sense to profit off of? It appears that when one country comes up with a bio weapon, there is another country that has a "cure" for the weapon.

By the way, it would make good sense to have dropped a nuke on the Unit 731
images.china.cn...

edit on 23-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Also in my research I came across an article mentioning the casualties of these experiments (dated May 14, 2010)
www.china.org.cn...

3,000 victims of Japan’s Unit 731 confirmed

Leading experts in China recently revealed that at least 3,000 people were killed by germ warfare experiments the Japanese army's notorious Unit 731 conducted in its headquarters in Harbin, capital of northeast China's Heilongjiang province, from 1939 to 1945 during the Japanese invasion of China.

Researchers have acquired detailed information on the victims, which is regarded as direct evidence of the atrocity of Japanese troops in China. Information on the victims is explicit, including the name, birthplace, age, occupation, address, educational background and even a photo of each victim.

To cover up its crimes, Unit 731 destroyed most documents relating to the germ experiments when the Japanese fled China. During the past ten years, Chinese researchers have uncovered documents from the unit, including some related to the biochemical tests.

Experts say the large amount of documents and testimonies prove that experiments were carried out on Mongolians, Koreans, Russians, British and Dutch, but mostly Chinese.

It should be interesting to note that US is not mentioned in the experiments. Could this be a cover up? I mean, it was published on China.org website.....
edit on 23-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added link

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Evidence of my claim? How about Phil Schneider, Al Bielek, and all the other countless people who have never met each other yet all give exact details about the bases at los alamos and dulce? And the fact they all died mysterious deaths or suicides? Not to mention the Dulce Papers, Photos, and Videos that Thomas Castello was able to sneak out of there. Theres too much coincidence, definitely solid evidence and a lot of denial that the bases even exisit...then admittance that they do exist by the government. Dont be one of the sheeple.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

No im not sure there is any conspiracy to send the country's own people over to
be experimented on just so it saved them from getting there hands dirty as it were,
but the information gathered would of been a good bargaining tool for immunity from
any war crime etc.

good find OP but a nasty one for sure. there is cruelty then there is THIS. it does make
you think what is still going on in some dark secret lab anywhere now dont you think?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join