It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Unearths Site Linked to Human Experiments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Japan unearths site linked to human experiments

mg.co.za

Authorities in Japan have begun excavating the former site of a medical school that may contain the remains of victims of the country's wartime germ and biological warfare programme.

The school has links to Unit 731, a branch of the imperial Japanese army that conducted lethal experiments on prisoners as part of efforts to develop weapons of mass destruction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There was another quote from the source stating that nurses "had been ordered to bury numerous corpses, bones and body parts in the grounds of the army hospital before US troops arrived in Tokyo following Japan's surrender on 15 August 1945" and that some bodies of victims had "limbs amputated or organs removed, while others were hanged upside down until they choked or frozen to death in tests of human endurance."

I find this to be disturbing what horrendous experiments on human occurred in history and what new experiments (Plum Island) are currently being conducted on humanity that we don't yet know about.

Thoughts?

mg.co.za

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I also recently came across this Youtube video which talks more about Japan's involvement in human experimentation towards developing WMDs.

**Caution: Graphic Content in video...

edit on 22-2-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sorry to see this thread not getting much attention.

I advice people to look up this "unit 731". I read up on them some time ago and was baffeled and utterly disgusted with what I learned.

We learn much about the Nazi death camps but few know what the Imperial Japanese Army did to the citizens of occupied countries.
Check "Unit 731" on Wikipedia and you will come across a story of such monstrous horror and inhumanity that you will never forget that units' name.
Unit 731 - Wiki
First I'd thought I'd copy-paste some from that article, but it is a bit too harsh, even for me.

History is full of atrocities but this one mustn't hide in the shadows of (the likewise horrendous and despicable) Dr. Mengele, MK Ultra, the Gulags etc.
The world must aknowledge the Japanese war crimes at the same level as those perpetrated by Nazi Germany. The hundred of thousands of victims demand recognition!

What does separate the Japanese from the Germans, who suffer, with all right, an enormous "national-moral" trauma, is that there has, to this day, not been an valid public excuse for what they did. In fact, there has sometimes even been attempts to deny that specific crimes were even committed! Link - Wiki
We must not allow them to simply bury these secrets with the "victimization" of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, no matter how harsh that sound. The reference to Israeli occupation with related crimes against humanity, excused with the sufferings of the Holocaust is all too obvious.

Please read up on Japanese WWII war crimes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It should be noted that virtually none of the top officials were prosecuted at the Tokyo War Tribunal. The data from the experiments was traded with the US military to avoid prosecution. One of the top doctors then went on to head the top pharmaceutical company. This company was later involved in a scandal where hundreds of patients contracted AIDS or hepatitis from transfusions of blood that was not heat-treated, even though heat-treatment was already being performed in US, Europe, and other countries outside of Japan. The reason for not requiring heat-treatment of blood was to allow the Japanese pharmaceutical companies to catch up and develop their own methods (avoiding licensing fees). Another side effect of this was that the US companies could sell their untreated blood to Japan. Unfortunately, that doctor was never convicted of his crimes, remaining very wealthy and dying peaceably, all the while claiming that he had a clear conscience in the matter and had simply not known that heat-treatment shold be done.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Also wanted to come in here and give this a bump. I have researched this topic a bit over the past few years and its very sad even more so is the fact that most people I talk to about the WWII have no knowledge of any of this or basically (Pearl Harbor aside) any WWII happenings in the Pacific for that matter .

And while Its true that the Japanese atrocities committed not only on their own but to the Allied troops, and Especially the Chinese I refuse the argument that we Kinda laid off of demonizing them (If you believe the OS) because the Japanese Parliament was severely fractured during the WWII years and Emperor Showa's (Hirohitos) rule was no where near as absolute as thought by the world, therefore sparing Japan demonization as they had no irrefutable Figure head such as the Germans to point at and say Hey this is the bad guy not the whole country.

Or maybe just as The German scientist got jobs, The Japanese got their honor in part of a thanks we wo'nt talk about this. Here let us take this technology, and let us help you guys rebuild scenario or what I call the Classic American deal. Right there.

Anyways I'm sorry to kinda pull your thread in a conspiracy way but all things considered Thank You for this thread. S&F my good man
edit on 22/2/11 by TrowaBarton because: sentence structure

edit on 22/2/11 by TrowaBarton because: sentence structure

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Looking back at my Previous post I realized that I totally flew off the handle and went straight to generalizing rather than speaking of Unit 731. I 'm sorry

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 3warped3

I'll never forget what the nippers did....

my uncle was a POW in one of their prisons of hell and barely JUST got out alive

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
All those people.... So much pain, so much despair. Not just at that facility, but in other times during human history - the spanish inquisition, slaughtering of indigenous populations, atomic warfare, chemical warfare, biological warfare, animal cruelty. It is that idea of being strapped down, the idea of being denied a chance to fight, the idea of an innocent victim. Behind all of it, a cold, calculating, soul-less machine. Thats it, machines, machines trying to be real, machines that cannot feel pain yet inflict it because they do not possess empathy.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

My thoughts are these. I am of course utterly horrified by these, and all atrocities enacted upon any people of the Earth. As part of the history of WW2 , the Japanese experimentation on human subjects was not new information to me, but the thing that I find interesting about this thread, is the knowledge that the supposed site of the Unit 731 operation may be dug up. I would hope that every possible precaution is taken by the investigation team, against the possibility of releasing or coming into contact with any harmful chemical or biological elements remaining under the soil.
This will sound terrible, but I hope to Christ that some of the subjects infected with the truely horrific diseases, like plauge and so on, the million killers as I call them, were burned and disposed of safely, rather than just being euthanised and buried, or worse, just buried. I can see many potential hazards in digging the place over to be honest.
There are of course the obvious dangers of coming into contact with viable samples of contagious diseases that are known to science generaly, like plauge and typhoid and so on, and chemical agents similar to agent orange and mustard gas, or analogues of those most terrible agents. But there is also the threat of coming across an unknown quantity. The chances are that many of the operatives who managed the site are either dead or senile at this time, and those who were in control of the most disturbing and contraversial "research" may have either commited suicide or been smuggled out of the way during the time just previous to the surrender of Japan, and the subsequent legal proceedings of the war tribunal.
With this in mind, its not known exactly what else might be there. If there were bioligical weapons research happening, then there may be strains of viruses and bacteria down there which are not currently known of. If the wind up of activities in the area was sudden , then there is a chance that SOME of the more secretive work happening on the site, wouldnt have been , shall we say dealt with, in an idealy secure manner. If this is the case, then God alone knows what might still be down there, or for that matter, what the likely state of any corpses, or biological remains might be!
Whatever the findings of this investigation, I hope that every precaution is taken to ensure the saftey of those working on and near the site, and also that the investigation sheds some light on matters. Too little is known of the horrific circumstances of what occured at the Unit 731 facility , and any new information would be of benifit to mankind, if only to allow him to observe the horrific results of his past mistakes, thusly steeling his resolve to prevent a repetition.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They found it couple years ago.. Saw a news article on it at the time.. Bit surprised it didnt get posted here on ats sooner..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I know this might be a bit of a topic drift but I'd like to add a few more of my thoughts on the subject matter.

I think it is more important for us Europeans to recognize the horrors of the Imperial Japanese warmachine of WWII since most of us think of that conflict as mainly a European event (though the British fought hard in the pacific theatre as well).

Why these brutal acts remain largely unspoken of is very much a mystery still, especially concidering the large number of American soldiers who perished under such infernal conditions, as someone here mentioned.
The crimes comitted in Nanking alone would suffice to justify the whole war effort taken on by the US, without involving Pearl Harbour (yet, there aren't many ways to justify killing, if any...)

Now I will venture out on thin ice for a bit, but I'd also like to state that Japanese culture is very elitistic still today. The general view upon fellow men is that there are "classes" of human beings according to racial relation. Interracial marriage for instance is not promoted, sometimes even forbidden (within culture, no by law).
Luckily, the younger generations of the Japanese people denounce these aged views.

My intention here is not to act discriminating against any people, I'd just like to give a possible reason why the Japanese, like certain ethnic elements in Europe, could act so unbelievable inhumane and barbaric; (in many retrospects) a sick, elitistic, fascistic and severley neglected culture.
I am, however, very much aware of the ignorance, and stupidity, of demonizing a whole population and do strongly refrain from racism of any kind, I hope I have made that perfectly clear.

Someone also mentioned the war trials and the large number who got away- just like in Europe with Operation Paper Clip (though Mengele, Eichmann- the most fanatical Nazi of them all, and others made a clean escape without ever seeing the inside of a courtroom).
What I'd like to add is that those who made it to the Russian courts mostly got executed without any pardon. It is, for obvious reasons, largely unknown to us what the Russians did (with just about anything) after the war up until...well, more or less still! But we can be sure that their revenge on the Japanese was harsh and unforgiving (almost like a nuclear bombing). Tensions between the two nations remain to this day.
But the thing that bug our minds is that it seems that it is always those who deserve punishment the most who recieve nothing of the kind. I don't know why this is but it is a very certain pattern in all of history...
Like a death-squad commander in the Imperial Japanese army; his rank is unknown to me at the moment by his name was Sassakawa. He escaped trial squeeky clean, and later started a foundation under his name (now run by Sasskawa Jr.) dealing with the victims, and the spreading of awareness of the nuclear bombings in Japan (and the dangers of nuclear arms testing).
It is like he is trying to "make good" for the tens of thousands of civillians slaughtered in Manchuria under his direct orders... Needless to add maybe, but his foundation is involved in the Yakuza organized crime network...
The legacy lives on.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
S & F.

This is yet another topic at ATS neglected for the politically more favorable hatred of the German War Machine that existed from the 30's and 40's.
But the ideologies that drove the Nazi's, along with the Fascist Japanese, were no different.

Funny thing...

The basic ideology behind the shocking behavior of these countries, which is what is actually at fault, was no different at that time than the ideologies espoused by the American and Israeli War Machines of today.

We (as in America) and Israel commit mass genocide against an Arab population in Iraq and Palestine daily.
Well heck, really we are trying to provoke all of the Arabs across the Middle East when you consider intelligence agency operations. Or Color Revolutions as the CIA/MSM likes to call them.

I have found that hypocrites, who exist among elite historians, are not unusual, but the norm.

These historians, usually, either are or were grad students with huge debts, who then get grants from large non-profits in order to write their "historically correct" thesis.
The same non-profits run by the usual suspects.

Read the Dodd report to the Reece Committee from 1954 here.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There are 2 disturbing things in Asia:
The first one is Japan dennying all the atrocities they did. Even with all the proof there is, they still won't admit it.
There was a director (Mou Tun-fei) who made movies about Unit 731, the Rape of Nanking and other war crimes (best known are the 4 Men Behind the Sun movies, the first one basically shows what was going on at those Unit 731 camps) and because of those movies he isn' even allowed to enter Japan.

The second thing is all the hate that is going on. Japanese school kids get taught that their country is the supreme asian country and all other are second-class with second-class citizens. In South Korea school kids get taught that Japan is the prime-evil country.
www.damnfunnypictures.com...
Stuff like that makes me just angry...angry and sad.

As for the japanese war crimes i think they aren't punished for that because they got 2 atomic bombs on their heads and that's enough punishment for some people.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Pretty crazy stuff, never heard of Unit 731 before nice post. Reminds me of the Germans doing the same types of things, experimenting with "super soldiers" and such. Humanity can be quite dark sometimes sadly. S+F

Deebo

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Whats even more crazy is that the allies pardoned those responsible in exchange for the data obtained. They should have all been tried and executed if found guilty. No amount of scientific data is worth ignoring these horrors.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I no their mindset was insane. The emporer believe that he was put on earth to kill other nations using boilogical agents and when they invaded china they massacred millions without a second thought. They were the worst imo, no wonder they sided with the nazi's

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Depends what the data is......and the same happened of the Nazi doctors and scientists

either way the American Govt sold out their soldiers, those of the Brits, ANZACs and Russians who went through this dispicable site and never walked out alive.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

There was another quote from the source stating that nurses "had been ordered to bury numerous corpses, bones and body parts in the grounds of the army hospital before US troops arrived in Tokyo following Japan's surrender on 15 August 1945" and that some bodies of victims had "limbs amputated or organs removed, while others were hanged upside down until they choked or frozen to death in tests of human endurance."

I find this to be disturbing what horrendous experiments on human occurred in history and what new experiments (Plum Island) are currently being conducted on humanity that we don't yet know about.

Thoughts?

mg.co.za

Thoughts? Why Yes: while stationed in Germany I got a chance walk the somber grounds of the Buchenwald and Sachsenhousen concentration camps; My thought are:" I would like every single outraged 14 year old web denizen who raised their voice in contempt of America for dropping the "Atomic" bomb on civilians to stfu and apologize for their ignorance.

There truly is evil in the world. (I'm not saying "we" are always on the "correct" side).But our parents generation knew a thing or two about dictators.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Talking about "knowledge obtained" by the allies from these camps, there are different ways to look at this phenomenon.
I mean, there were in fact some things learned in these camps that could not have taken place under civillian circumstances... A lot of the medical experiments laid foundations for what we use for medical practice and take for granted today...sadly. It is a fact we have to accept that nothing speeds up the evolution in some fields of science like war.

But things like cutting of the arms of patients and try to sew them back on, on the opposite side...
...just what the hell is the use of that? That is just pure evil. There is no practical use for that. And that isn't the only example. I bet there were numerous such examples when specific doctors with a tendency to total malovelence and perversions beyond the extreme just had a field day with these poor victims...

Sickening to say the least. I hope their souls are forever trapped in some cold, distressing and hellish dimension until the end of time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join