It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confiscation of Gold and Silver by the U.S. Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Nothing new about that.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
nice find ! S+F - there have been quite a few stories of physical gold moving about, something is definitely going on in relation to precious metals ...
edit on 22-2-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes, there is a difference between 1933 and 2011..... We are no longer on a gold standard and the price of gold is not fixed but rather is traded openly as a commodity. However, given the language of the Patriot Act if they recall the gold to foster a reinstitution of the gold standard (or a world currency possibly backed by gold among other commodities) and you dont comply (ie, fail to turn it in) then you could be defacto classified as a "terrorist" (also throw in the precedent of the trading with the enemy act) and not only have your gold and silver confiscated with no reimbursement and fined and jailed but you could have all of your property confiscated (in a bastardization of the original intent of property confiscation laws). Remember, they will rationalize that your gold and silver is not being "confiscated" but "exchanged" by fiat order for currency. I dont want to sound like a "conspiracy theorist" but people buying precious metals today could provide a good list for the fema camps. And yes they do have better metal detectors today: hand held wands that can see thru walls; ground penetrating radar; brain wave reading lie detector machines and if they get draconian they can always waterboard you (as an "enemy combatant" or "terrorist") to make you give up the location of your metals that they show that you had purchased. In addition they will likely give bounties (maybe 10-25% commissions - payable in credits not bullion tho) to induce people to turn in holders of metals.

edit on 22-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
LOL.... Confiscation... why would they need to stoop to those measures when the sheeple have been sending it in in droves, via Cash-4-gold and other commercials that have been being run like crazy for the past what... 4-5 years now? Remember they can offer you top prices because they've cut out the middle man and own the refineraries.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I think the day we see a major exporter to the US asking to be paid in Gold not dollars is the day we will start to worry.
edit on 22-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

It happened in 1973 when the French had 3 billion in US currency that still said on the bottom , redeemable in gold . They shipped the currency to the New York Fed , Nixon was called and he told the French to go to hell and that was the final end of the gold standard and redeemable in gold was never printed on the currency after that . Also in 1973 an audit of the gold at Ft. Knox was conducted but it wasn't a bar audit , it was a vault audit . The doors to each vault has a security tag in it and they hadn't been broken so it was assumed that the same amount of gold in there as shown by the bar audit in 1962 . Many believe the gold or most of it is long gone . GATA has been pressing for a bar audit and has been using the FOI to request anything and everything the government has on the gold in Ft. Knox and all they get back is piles of blacked out redacted files .

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinIowa
reply to post by St-Patrick

Well, since you're mocking my country, I will mock your intelligence, or lack thereof.

Land of the free, home of the brave.... jean-yus

lol..I was not going to reply but.

you earn a star.

To the op, they can come take my gold....., oh wait, I don't have any.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thats mad, how can they justify America being the land of the free?

Im just glad that so many Americans are standing up and opposing the loss of their freedoms. Im not an American, but the imo the American people are getting increasingly wise to their governments attacks on them and can only be pushed so far before the govt realises that betraying their people was the ultimate mistake.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't condone the use of guns for gain, only for defense, guns are only bad in the wrong hands. Getting that out of the way my silver is loaded and if they come to steal it I will defend it because the more they take, the further into a masked slavery we go and I would rather die fighting for good people and the bit of good that's left in the world then to give to evil.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthefactsspeak
LOL.... Confiscation... why would they need to stoop to those measures when the sheeple have been sending it in in droves, via Cash-4-gold and other commercials that have been being run like crazy for the past what... 4-5 years now? Remember they can offer you top prices because they've cut out the middle man and own the refineraries.

It has already happened in America, research Roosevelt and his gold grab in 1933. History repeats itself, because no one knows the history.
edit on 22-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join